Executive In Charge Of iPhone's Hardware Leaves Apple - Is It Due To iPhone 4 Antennagate?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageExecutive In Charge Of iPhone's Hardware Leaves Apple - Is It Due To iPhone 4 Antennagate?

Mark Papermaster, the senior Vice President who was in charge of iPhone’s hardware has left the company. It is not clear if Apple won't confirm whether Papermaster has left the company due to the widely publicized iPhone 4 antenna issue, which ultimately resulted in Apple giving away free cases for...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Noneya
    Noneya Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

That sucks. He is the fall guy.

• iphone 4
    iphone 4 Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Iphone suck! Droid wins!! full of wins!!

• Mike Garcia
    Mike Garcia Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Your headline says: "...Leaves Apple Due To iPhone 4 Antennagate" and then in the second paragraph you say it's not clear he left due to "Antennagate". This is the kind of crap reporting that causes ridiculous rumors.

• ello moto
    ello moto Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

You're right, we have corrected the second paragraph and changed the subject line. Thanks for highlighting it.

• Rover
    Rover Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

Either way if he was the "fall guy" or whether he left because of "bad publicity" it is still bad for Apple. As they still claim there is "no problem" so there shouldn't be someone to take the blame.

• samuel@ozpcservices.com
    via Wordpress

i been honest i am using the iphone 4 . i have no problem with reception i dont know what you uys are talking about.nseruiouse am using it i love it. I think it will kick ass all other smartphone.It just peoples always want try to put product down for some reason. So gus seriouse you should start think posetive from now

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

I agree with you, the issue has been blown out of proportion. Its a pity that someone had to be the fall guy for it.

• Dms
    Dms Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

iPhone haters can suck it. Use whatever you want and get over yourselves. It's a great f@@ing phone but not worth all the hype and bs. I use my iPhone 4 u use what u want. Stfu all yall

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 141
    via Wordpress

He was an embarrassment to Apple and cost the company a lot of money re free bumpers. I had a defective iphone4 and replaced it. The new one works fine with or without bumpers.

Regarding iphone vs android: I've had both and several Androids (N1 and Vibrant). Although they are both nice phones (the graphics are awesome on Vibrant)I think overall the iphone is light years ahead. I don't much care for Apple restrictions so I'm jailbroken and unlocked.

• Die
    Die Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Richard, not only cost a lot of money, i think theres even something worse, and that is the company image and the trust of they customers. I actually have an iphone 4 and im really disappointed with it. fortunately im not experiencing signal issues, but i have many problems with other things. And one of the worse things is the sound quality of the speakerphone, it looks like im talking in a tin can.

• ?
    ? Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

I'm confused. You don't care much about Apple restrictions but you are jailbroken and unlocked. Doesn't make sense to me

• Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress

Ah... "I don't care for" doesn't mean the same as "I don't care about". It means Richard doesn't like the restrictions, which is why he is jb'ed and unlocked. Help clear the confusion?

• krish
    krish Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

I dont agree with you. You must be in a place where the signal strength is very good. You will notice the issue when you go to the area where the signal strength is little bit bad...or completely bad...

Infact, every iphone 4 has the problem for sure...

example, my iphone 4 wokrs like gem of a gun in my office without any signal drop even thought I cover the death spot,,,but the same phone goes to 1 bar at my home....

I like iphone so much..but I can not pretend saying there is no issue with iphone 4 antenna..

• Lavender
    Lavender Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

Whoa! An editorial site that takes note of fair criticism from its readers! That's just - whoa! Thumbsup! :D

• .db. Inc
    .db. Inc Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Here's my thing... I drove 600 miles with my iPhone, from Nashville TN to Ashville NC and took my iPhone 4 n my Droid... On the highway, both were spotty and dropped calls. I used my iPhone 4 more for voice and data the entire trip. I don't use a case, I have a zagg skin on the front n back and that's it. My TomTom app got me there without an issue and my droid wanted to take me down the highway that had a rock-slide n was shut down a week ago. I love the design of the new iPhone and I won't trade it cause of it's possibilities, but even my best friends (who have the droid X) are envious!!!

• Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress

Yeah, respect for that IPH

• rainer
    rainer Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

if you take any phone into a bad reception area it will have a problem

• rainer
    rainer Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

& why would you actively want to seek that out?

• Mick
    Mick Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

All phones suffer from some kind of issue, signal loss, not enough functionality, poor ring tones etc. But that does not matter the thing maters most is are you happy with what you have. i'm still using a 3G and would not hesitate to buy a iphone 4 even with all the issues. but for me the 3G and 3GS look and feel better.
    I think Papermaster has taken the decision to leave, or i think we would of had rumours of a settlement battle.

• PebsUK
    PebsUK Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

Sorry your report must be incorrect because there isn't a problem with the hardware, Apple keep telling us so!!!

• highnrgy
    highnrgy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Took an 8 hour drive from DC to Myrtle Beach, used the iPhone to tether my iPad during stops, used Navigon all the way. Phone worked flawelessly.....Yes, I do lose signal once in Awhile, but it's not enough for me to give it up. I love my iPhone!

• krish
    krish Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

I agree..but at my home...I get 3-4 bars..but if I cover the death spot it goes to 1 bar or the call gets dropped....I dont think it happens with anyother phone...infact, I have iphone 3g also with me..and tested both of them......as expected iphone 4 is the looser.

But again, I like iphone 4 a lot...and still kept with me

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress

Don't forget that they anticipated white iPhones at launch, then later July, then tba. He was probably responsible for that as well.