Flash On iOS Devices - Adobe CEO Says His Company Has "Moved On"

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageFlash On iOS Devices - Adobe CEO Says His Company Has "Moved On"

Steve Jobs' dislike for Flash is well documented. The relationship between Apple and Adobe reached a dead end earlier this month when Apple made changes to its App Developer License agreement that effectively banned the use of cross-compiler programs for iPhone app development. So after realizing that there was no...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Krew_92
    Krew_92 Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

Too bad for Apple, Flash runs great on my Nexus One, especially since Adobe Flash 10.1 came out, it's even faster now. Oh well!

• Kurt
    Kurt Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

I would personally like flash on my phone. I will be trying the jailbreak as soon as iOS 4 settles down. and First!

• Kurt
    Kurt Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

curses. not first.

• Johnson
    Johnson Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Lovin' the Frash! Thanks, Comex!

• Krew_92
    Krew_92 Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

Sorry I just had to tell everyone my two cents fast =(

• Crazyfish
    Crazyfish Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Does anyone here have Flash 10 working on Firefox 3.6 on a Mac? I really miss being able to watch YouTube videos in a browser that saves all my tabs when I close it down. Curious if it's just my machine or a common thing. Thanks :)

• Hetero
    Hetero Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Yea! i do and its perfrctly fine. Firefox is better than safari on a Mac.

• Rover
    Rover Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

I don't get what was Apple's problem. It's one thing to say Adobe is unstable and insecure but I think they went too far when Steve claimed it's a dying technology. It is way too early for them to even say something like that. Don't know much about the market but is Html5 even picking up enough steam to even replace Adobe anytime soon? Plus can't Android users choose to disable flash if they wanted to? If Steve Jobs really wanted to be fair then he should have included the fact that he doesn't want any competition to his AppStore.

• theBankRobber
    theBankRobber Posts: 31
    via Wordpress

Yup I have to say that on a mobile phone such as the nexus one and evo, flash runs very well. And its your option how you control what flash you want to see. Well seeing as its Apple, they don't let you have control over anything. They give u wallpapers but not live ones. Everybody loves my Mario running around on my home page of my phone. Anybody saying flash is a joke really need to play around with a nice phone that is optimized for flash and see it looks really great and still loads pages faster then the iPhone 4 which has no flash. No slow downs on ky Evo at all.

• Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

I don't miss it at all,maybe because everytime I want to watch a video quicktime comes up and I start watching it.So no need for it.
    After two years with different android phones I have to say they are really cool and they will be cooler but the iphone 3GS has got my heart,specially browsing,it is so much better with an iPhone than with the android devices.I got tired of not being able to see a lot of media on my toy.

So nowadays I think Steve is right.

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

Why are you posting stuff on an iPhone site if you have a Nexus One? And...who cares how well Flash is running on your Nexus One. How fast is your Nexus One if you are viewing a Flash video and making a phone call? Oh, thats right...your Nexus One can't do that.

• T
    T Posts: 71
    via Wordpress

You need to grow up. Just like you he probably has more than one phone. And why are you reading a post about Adobe knowing full well iPhones won't be getting it anytime soon or ever. And please enlighten us all in this device you speak of that can play video while on a call.

• yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress

Since jailbreaking is now legal, why doesn't Adobe release it anyway on Cydia?

• NotFirst
    NotFirst Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

not first! Kurt was cursed! Haha!

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

i think they dont wanna get sued by apple thats why they havent circumvented the app store. i personally dont miss flash on my iphone however i will get frash on my iphone 4 just so i have the option if i ever want to use it. and thats what a jailbroke iphone is about options

• Eddie
    Eddie Posts: 69
    via Wordpress

apparently it's not an iPhone.. and apparently it never will be. Steve BlowJobs thinks he knows what's best for my iPhone, the one I paid for.

• Ike
    Ike Posts: 31
    via Wordpress

Personally I think Adobe should cease development for ALL Apple products.

I wonder how well Apple would do without any more Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or PDF support not to mention the rest of the Adobe and former Macromedia stable of products.

Kind of makes an Apple computer ... a really pricey paperweight.

Pissing all over the only major software provider that stuck with Apple through thick and thin is just more of Jobby's ass faced business acumen.

• bandrax
    bandrax Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

Now jailbreak is legal Abobe should put effort to make flash available on jailbreak iOS. How difficult that can be for Abobe!! After several kickbacks from apple!!

• Kohn
    Kohn Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Abit laggy. Hopefully it will update. Thx 