Sony Takes A Dig At iPhone Games In New PSP Ad

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSony Takes A Dig At iPhone Games In New PSP Ad

Ars Technica has spotted a new television ad for Sony PSP, which takes a dig at a smartphone that looks like Apple’s iPhone, indirectly admitting that it is facing the heat from Apple’s iPhone for gaming dollars. Sony is also trying to promote its older PSP games that are available...

Read the full story here

Comments

• just sayin'
    just sayin' Posts: 66
    via Wordpress
    Options

desperation is right..i think we all saw this coming ever since the PSPgo was released. seemed like a good concept...just missing the appstore business model.

• just sayin'
    just sayin' Posts: 66
    via Wordpress
    Options

desperation is right..i think we all saw this coming ever since the PSPgo was released. seemed like a good concept...just missing the appstore business model.

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress
    Options

is it just me or is their not a video ???

• Wolverinemarky
    via Wordpress
    Options

reloaded page now i can see it

• Wolverinemarky
    via Wordpress
    Options

actually i think this is sony conceeding that it cant catch nintendo in the handheld market. nintendo owns the handheld market and the next competition is the iphone so I can understand why they would have a commercial somewhat attacking the iPhone. the iPhone is a popular gaming machine and Sony is just basically saying we take their competition seriously and we want those customers lol

• me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress
    Options

I guess that they have to try to do something since the PSP Go is a flop and the games overall are expensive!

• Jay Shawn
    Jay Shawn Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options

ahahah saw this on tv!

• Munaf
    Munaf Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Options

There is no meaning of taking sony psp if it cannot be hacked like iphones

• Hmmm Yeah
    Hmmm Yeah Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options

to be fair the psp games are better than iphone games (not saying much).
    the problem is, am always going to have my iphone on me as the psp wasnt truly portable (UMDs) and was pretty clunky to start. then PSPGO came out at an outragous price when it never offered anything new but forcing people to get games off PSN which cost almost double what the UMDs did.

Sony need to get to work on PSP2phone. use andriod and do the 2 things thats missing from iphone gaming (buttons and analogs)

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress
    Options

they can, i ran windows 95 on my psp-1001 (orig. psp) and also gameboy advance games

• bible camp
    bible camp Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Options

sony is also coming out with a psp android based phone....

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20013395-1.html

This could really change things in mobile gaming if sony does it right.

• Krew_92
    Krew_92 Posts: 30
    via Wordpress
    Options

You people would be crazy to say the PSP does not hold a candle to the iPHone... The PSP is a Hand held VIDEO GAME system! The iPhone just merely plays apps... Even if they are good, hardware buttons will always beat the touch screen control they have. Graphics wise the PSP wins, despite the effect the iPhone 4's Retina display might have, it just make the games look sharper, textures and A.I wins on the PSP. Just NO! Let me correct all of you: It's
    -DS
    -PSP
    -(INSERT POSSIBLE CONTENDER, since the iPhone/iPod touch is not a video game player...)

• Tony pepperoni
    Tony pepperoni Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • jelly
    jelly Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options

I love Sony products and will support them forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• iPhone Application Developer
    via Wordpress
    Options

I still can't comprehend how portable gaming consoles can ever compete with the new Smart phones. iPhone has got almost every aspect which can keep a gamer glued and there is plethora of apps lying around.
    Yes they might keep their money on PS3 and such but portable gaming surely going Apple's way.

• cool_dude
    cool_dude Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Options

i feel pity for sony....comparing just the gaming of psp with all the other features + the impress graphics of the iphone........

• Gajet
    Gajet Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options

Problem is, most games on the PSP are NOT $9.99.
    For an example here in the UK to buy GTA: Chinatown wars off the Playstation Network will cost you £29.99.

To buy the exact same game from the App store costs you £5.99

Now you could pick up the UMD for about £10 if you shop around, but that won't work on the PSP Go, and to be honest a PSP 3000 is just too big to carry around routinely.

I love Sony products, but as a business they always seem to be there own worst enemy and fail to understand why people choose the competition over them.
    PSP games are better than the iDevice versions, but as I can buy 5 times as many games for the same price to fit on a device that can fit in my pocket, do I care about a few extra pixels and buttons enough.

• GoPadge
    GoPadge Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options

Sony is so screwed up. Four years ago they had a great mobile device that was 95% of a smart phone in the Mylo. Today, they have a forgotten device that's still 95% of a smart phone in the Mylo 2.

• nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress
    Options

well to all iphone fanboys(including the writer of the article). iphone really sucks in playing games. i do agree that psp cannot be compared with iphone or any mobile phone. psp is a gaming device, iphone is an incomplete phone with sucky games and the worst controlling system, touch screen as a controller is by far the worst experience, you can only play solitaire.

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    Options

99% of the games on the iphone are crap. they are just games to play on the toilet. thats what make them so popular and people buy them. games that people play for a couple of days then just delete.

• Rover
    Rover Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    Options

That's just crazy. You can't compare iPhone games to the PSP. Most iPhone games are like board games compared to the PSP. And real gamers don't turn to the iPhone for games. I admit there are some neat little games which can be addictive but after 2-3 days I'm done with them.

• Triver
    Triver Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    Options

I am not defending Apple here. However how does this ad make sense? A guy on his bike not moving and talking to a kid on a moving bus? Lame.

Almost as Lame as all the f-tards who have to say they were first hear.

• mrcoltux
    mrcoltux Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options

have you seen rage...

• bastaboy
    bastaboy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

why the **** is that marcus sucker playing games on the original psp? Gosh, these guys are stupid.

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress
    Options

just saying... sony is kinda right if you have a pspfat(the original) and a 2GB+ memorystick its a better gamepad than an iPhone. I love my iPhone but like its just a fact.

also nobody wants to look like a tool carrying both devices around. so when I'm on my way somewhere via train plane taxi etc i'll use my iPhone when I have time to kick back and want to play something a little more resource heavy but don't feel like listening to the hum of my xbox i'll play my psp.

thats just my two cents

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress
    Options

not to mention completely hackable...

• MAYUR VILAS
    MAYUR VILAS Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    BUY Brand New Factory Unlocked Apple iphone 4G HD 32GB, Ipad, BlackberryAmount :450euroShipping Method : FedEX/UPS (48 FAST AND RELIABLE DELIVERY)All ORIGINAL accessories are included.Unlocked Factory 32GB Apple iPhone 4HD + Warranty & Return policy USA.Selling DetailsShipment :Will ship anywhere.(Fedex/Dhl/Ups)Deliver Time: 36-48 hrs (2-3 days)Our company is registered and Monitored by the GovernmentNotes: New Mobile Phones and Cameras Available in stockSPECIFICATION:(ARAB/EUROPEANS/ASIA/US SPECIFICATIONS) GENERAL NETWORK GSM 900/GSM 1800/GSM 1900PLATFORM – TRI BAND (GSM900 + 1800 + 1900 MHZ.ANY OF THE PHONES THAT IS NOT IN GOOD CONDITION SHOULD BE RETURN IMMEDIATELY TO US AND WE WILL BEAR THE RETURN CHARGES AND REPLACEMENTS FOR THE PHONES.Apple iPhone 4 4G HD 32GB Black & White FACTORY UNLOCKED 450euro + SHIPPINGApple iPad 3g 64GBApple iPad 32GBApple iPad 16GBApple iphone 4g HD 16gb (Unlocked)Apple iPhone 4g HD 32gb (Unlocked)Apple iphone 3GS 32GB(Unlocked)Apple iPhone 3G 16GB (Unlocked)Apple iPhone 3G 8GB (Unlocked)Apple iPhone 3G S 16GB (Unlocked)The New iPhone 4G with HD is the thinnest, highest resolution, best camera, HD video recording, video calling, extended battery life iPhone from Apple. The best part is they are factory unlocked to be used on ANY GSM carrier worldwide!Contact us for the Full details.and for other mobile phones in stock.1. Complete accessories(Well packed and sealed in original company box)2. Unlocked / sim free.3. Brand new (original manufacturer) box – no copies4. All phones have English language as default5. All material (software, manual) – car chargers – home chargers – usb data cables -holsters/belt clips – wireless headsets(bluetooth) -leather and non-leather carrying cases – batteries.We ship and deliver to you within 2-3days of purchase through Fedex courier services.CONTACT PERSON: Mayur VilasPlace your order today and have a taste of our services.CONTACT DETAIL.Email : mayurvilas22@gmail.comTel: +447035910134
  • Gligorio
    Options
    When you think a bit regarding that you will notice that the effective use of the wireless gaming headsets will determine the sort you're going to be looking for.
  • disqus_lnNUShDCqS
    Options
    Do you know that your Credit score is the Key to your financial world? Low credit score affect your loans, credit cards, jobs and Insurance. With good Credit report you can have access to more loan choices, easier to get credit cards, pay lower interest rates and pay less for loans and credit cards. I would like to recommend Rajj, a Skilled Ethical Hacker and the best I ever came across. His major is Upgrading Credit Scores on the 3 Credit Bureaus (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). He's affordable and well skilled like I said earlier. If interested in any other hacking jobs like Phone Hacks, Phone Number Hacks, Chex System Removal, Hacking Tutorials, Email Hacks, Social Media Hacks, Skilled Hacks Into any Financial/Institutional Servers, Firewall Breaches, Change of University Grades, Clear Bad/Criminal Records, Social Media Hacks, e.t.c. If you are going through a hard time, I guess you don't have to look any further again. You should contact him without hesitation via email thishackdisting@gmail.com. He make all communication discreet and a top secret.