FastSnap - Jailbreak iPhone App Allows You To Snap Photos With Volume Buttons

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageFastSnap - Jailbreak iPhone App Allows You To Snap Photos With Volume Buttons

Apple had removed Camera+, a popular iPhone app after the developer revealed a hack to enable a hidden feature, which allowed iPhone users to use the volume buttons as a camera shutter button. Apple had previously rejected an update to the iPhone app that included the ‘VolumeSnap’ feature as it...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Thebong702
    Thebong702 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Ain't it a hack should be free? what's the point of calling it a jailbreak n u still u have to pay for some apps... just dissappointed that's why I hack my iphone to get free stuff but then again u still have to pay..,

• dee
    dee Posts: 56
    via Wordpress

are u kidding me who cares about taking shots with ya volume button.and why the hell it's ban from the app store is just plan stupid to me.

• Playafied
    Playafied Posts: 55
    via Wordpress

I kinda understand where you're coming from, but if you did actually "hack" your phone then you would actually be writing the particular program to do whatever it is you want to make your phone do. There's alot of free hacks and stuff from jalibreaking... However, there's other people that's taking their personal time creating these "hacks". And I have no problem paying that person for their time. They do say time is money...

I would (and do) pay for certain jailbroken apps that makes my phone 10x more functional because I know damn well I can't program and do what these people do.

Just sayin...

• SG
    SG Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

these bastards that creat all the "ROCK" apps are faggots they always steeling other people's **** and making their own and selling it just like My3G i think thats their's as well!, FAGGOTS I TELL YOU TRYING TO STRIP PEOPLE OF EVERY LITTLE DOLLAR WE HAVE

• don't like rock
    via Wordpress

Rock sucks it ruined my first jb they are like a virus plus I don't feel it's safe to give my credit card details there

• don't like rock
    via Wordpress

Rock sucks it ruined my first jb they are like a virus plus I don't feel it's safe to give my credit card details there

• Rover
    Rover Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

It's true. This should have been free since I'm sure whoever put up the hack on Rock just copied and are taking advantage of what happened with Camera+.

I'm not a programmer but I'm sure this isn't too hard to do. What I find a lot more useful and is free, is the hack to use the volumn rockers to switch tracks. I always wondered why Apple never implemented this shortcut but I'm sure now it's so people won't get confused. How dumb do they think people are?

• dannyyyyyyyyyyyy
    dannyyyyyyyyyyyy Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

who cares about snapping a photo with the volume button. if im trying to sneak a pic, i just pretend im talking on the phone and push the camera button lol.
    but that sucks they are charging. if its not on **** then who cares

• badboy
    badboy Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

wow this shows how pathetic "ROCK" is. they cant come up with their own ideas, but rip other people ideas. fuking MORON. ROCK CAN SUCK MY ****!

• Miles
    Miles Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Snaptap in the cydia store has been doing this for a long time.

• jelly
    jelly Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

@ "ROCK"
    ....................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    .................../..../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\...

• Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress

Good grief what a lot of moaning! a couple of points both programmes cost 99c, and of course if you all feel you can make your own then do it.
    Otherwise be grateful for the real hackers/writers etc who enable you to use your phones the way you do.

• Laela Miles
    Laela Miles Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I would buy this if it was on Cydia. Please!

• Diana Adams
    Diana Adams Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This is great, niiiiice! Thanks for posting. I don't know why people on here are being so nasty, you would think they'd appreciate this helpful info.

Diana Adams
    www.bitrebels.com

• Anshul
    Anshul Posts: 88
    via Wordpress

can any1 plz help me ........

i jailbroken and then unlocked my iphone 3gs running 4.0.1.....now it is detecting my vodofone network (india) but it says "Diffrent sim detected please connect to itunes" ...........nw what to do i m not getting anything.....hoping 4 fast replies

• Corey
    Corey Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

this has been around alot longer than camera+ lol. and the guy who's saying "why call it a jailbreak if you have to pay"

just wow, you're one of the people who are ruining the jailbreak scene. You shouldn't be jailbreaking your phone to get free apps... it's a bout getting root access, about the ability to install .debs, unofficial tweaks to your phone that apple doesn't allow

you're taking your phone out of the jail that apple puts it in. the name works perfectly.

has nothing to do with getting stuff for free. hahahah

• Abel Goddard
    Abel Goddard Posts: 71
    via Wordpress

I logged into Cydia and couldn't remember the name of this app. I bought Snaptap and thought it was this. Same thing, and only $.99.

I don't know what people are complaining about Rock for - seems great to me. Loads fast, and love tlert and elert and the rest.

• mr Notiq
    mr Notiq Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

If the volume rockers switched tracks while u were listening to music...what would u use to turn the volume up and down quickly (which is way more important)? When you use the apple headphones you can double/triple click the microphone button to switch tracks if u didnt know.

• Rover
    Rover Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

Valid point but how often do you need to quickly turn the volume up or down compared to switching tracks. And I'm not a big fan of the stock earphones. I prefer using my own. I guess it falls on personal preferences but I rather have the volume rockers to switch tracks then to quickly change the volume. The only time I would need to lower the volume quickly would be if someone was talking to me but in those situations I find it easier just to take out my earphones.

• Srk
    Srk Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

There is also Snap Tap, also 99 cents, does the same thing. Got that instead.

• asif
    asif Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

Might want to check the original idea for this app, SnapTap on Cydia Store:
    http://tom.zickel.org/iphone/cydia/snaptap/depiction/

• jackson
    jackson Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

SnapTap .99? What the hell? Did he raise the price overnight, now 1.49?

• Nilius
    Nilius Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

This app does not silence the shutter on iPhone 4 with 4.0.1

• asdfix
    asdfix Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i have had problem with sky sports(sky mobile tv) after one by one installation this one seem to be culprit, but not sure

• TheConfuzed1
    TheConfuzed1 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I can't believe all the people who ate complaining about paying for a 99 cent app!Jailbreaking isn't about getting stuff for free. It's about adding capability that Apple doesn't allow. It's very simple--if you don't see the value, don't pay. STFU and stop complaining!