TetherMe - Jailbreak App Enables Native Tethering On Your iPhone

Comments

• j.hoops
    j.hoops Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

if you want it for free than make the app youre self oh wait you probably cant so shut up and pay 1.99

• CTREV08
    CTREV08 Posts: 74
    via Wordpress

Ur a fucking idiot hacks don't mean free. It means that they hacked some part of the code to either change the functions of the original code or found a way to bypass some of the restrictions. Your thinking of open source. If every hack should be free devs would not take the time to polish and upgrade there programs and we would all have a bunch of memory eating buggy ass apps slowing down and crashing or phones.

• Guy
    Guy Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

Personally I've always used iphonemodem zsrelay. It was one of the original tethering tweaks in Cydia & has always been free.

It takes a bit of setting up the first time but nothing complicated. I've never understood why it's always been ignored when people talk tething Apps.

• Scoooter
    Scoooter Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hacking is what started this, but hacking the hacker with cracks is wrong?

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

I have an unlimited data plan with ATT and in order to add tethering it increases from $30 -> $45/mo AND drops out of unlimited to 2GB/mo!! Is there another way to add tethering to my account?? I found this out when I downloaded MyWi and went to network settings to setup tethering ...

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

This does not do the same thing as MyWi. MyWi allows you to set up a portable wireless access point with your iPhone. All TetherMe does is enables native tethering, which works over either Bluetooth or USB, and thus will not allow you to tether your phone to another non-PC based device such as another iPhone, iPad, or Zune. My point is, MyWi is very much worth the money, and is far superior to these tethering enabler apps.

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

not cool Cracker...

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

Correct John - good observation !

• Kurt
    Kurt Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

what is 2$ too much for you? come on pay the piper!

• SiLeNcEbOnE
    SiLeNcEbOnE Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

I've been using MyWi for over a year now... Works pretty well. Only issue I'm having is when I tether using not the USB tether but the wifi tether it drains the battery fast. Even while charging it drains the battery. Might be my phone being gay...

• nsfw
    nsfw Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

Is your phone being gay, good or bad? Do you know this because you penetrate your phone on a regular basis?

• Rocky
    Rocky Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

will this wrok on iphone 4

• nicacolo
    nicacolo Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

it can be done i also have done that at my ex gf's house during the holidays...lol

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

Looks like you need to pay a little more attention in elementary school instead of playing video games.

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

I just got this App works perfect using my lap top right now to post this!!!

***But is there anyone out there who has been using this App for awhile (i.e. got monthly bills) because I'm really nervous AT&T will charge me a crap load of money for the data usage???
    I know the details of the App in Cydia claims to set it up so its seen as data being used by the iphone, which would be great but my low tech self doesn't understand how this happens if its enabling the native tether built into the iphone and your just turning it on... Anyone can help????

• Sujith
    Sujith Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Folks I just downloaded tether
    me and insled it. When I try to open settings the screen just opens and closes and can't get to it. Am I screwed now? Please help.
    One thing I noticed while it was installing it said something could not be done. However at the end it said installation successful. Should I re-install and try?
    Thanking in anticipation
    (sujith)

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

Try to remove and reinstal, also after that turn the phone on and off you may go into safe mode and reset springboard fix it for a friend of mine

• Coco
    Coco Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I'm having the same problem. I've installed & reinstalled it multiple times, and resetting doesn't work (either for the network setting or for the whole phone). If you uninstall, you'll get access to your settings again. Mine was working fine until they released the upgrade on August 18.

• wolfy1664
    wolfy1664 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

works a treat thank you just love it orange wanted 5£ for 500meg wankers

• wolfy1664
    wolfy1664 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

guys and girls // just run itunes then it works trust me im useing it now to type this message

• nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress

A heads up: I had problems with this at first, Internet tethering didn't appear in settings. I managed to enable it using the sbsettings toggle, but when I connected via usb the whole tethering section disappeared again. Turns out I had a bad unsigned mobileconfig installed. Removed it and it worked straight away.

• sergey
    sergey Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
  • Moe Joe
    Moe Joe Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I need Help I purchase and installed, but after reboot tethering is not showing on my network, tried uninstall and install still not showing at my network setting am I missing something

• John Doe
    John Doe Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Wrong, John!

You can in fact use the 3G connection over Bluetooth with tethering enabled. Since the iPad also sports bluetooth connectivity you can share connection through that...

• T-Dog
    T-Dog Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Is mywi and tetherme the same (as in not getting billed extra by AT&T)? I have the unlimited data plan through AT&T on my jailbroken iPhone and now using tetherme. Has anyone ever been billed for tethering after using tetherme?

• Jason LI
    Jason LI Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I downloaded tether after paying $29 for PDANet about 18 months ago. Best 2 bucks I spent!! Works great and you don't need to open an APP on the computer you're tethering to. I still use PDA Net but their new version 4.18 is buggy. When you use hotspot mode the iphone will arbitrarily reboot.
  • Lee N
    Lee N Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    so has anyones plan gotten changed from unlimited to whatever else from using TetherMe
    newbie Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    Ok, this is an old thread, but I'm about to get my Verizon iphone 4. Really want tether capablilities. Anybody know if this will work and where do you get it?
  • talkitivejim
    talkitivejim Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Haahahahahahhahahahaha
  • ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress
    Did you find the answer to this?