Skype on iPhone: Cost-effective calling from your iPhone a reality

2»

Comments

• CHH
    CHH Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i have att unlimited data plan $35 only no voice nothing , and paid skype $29 for unlimited us and canada calls , how would i be paying incoming calls ?!! nothing just the $35 att data plan i call free and i recharge my international calls ...

i wonder why i pay incoming even my plan is only data ?

• CCC
    CCC Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

i have att unlimited data plan $35 only no voice nothing , and paid skype $29 for unlimited us and canada calls , how would i be paying incoming calls ?!! nothing just the $35 att data plan i call free and i recharge my international calls ...

i wonder why i pay incoming even my plan is only data ?

• Wait a moment
    Wait a moment Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

The real problem is not created by skype or apple... it is the absurd oligopoly that AT&T, T-mobile and the others have right now. Don't you get that if skype makes the phenomenal entrance of being run in every mobile, nobody is going to use their normal phones? Then, AT&T will lose a lot of money with the poor service that they provide now.... In short words, Skype and apple will reign shortly just as the i-tunes did with the music industry.... stay tuned

• Wait a moment
    Wait a moment Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

The real problem is not created by skype or apple... it is the absurd oligopoly that AT&T, T-mobile and the others have right now. Don't you get that if skype makes the phenomenal entrance of being run in every mobile, nobody is going to use their normal phones? Then, AT&T will lose a lot of money with the poor service that they provide now.... In short words, Skype and apple will reign shortly just as the i-tunes did with the music industry.... stay tuned

• Freetard
    Freetard Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I use the freeware app FRING for Skype stuff on my iPhone 2.0
    http://www.fring.com/

• bDubbz
    bDubbz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have unlimited minutes on my iphone. So If i get the skype app on my iphone, when i connect wifi and call int'l from my skype # wouldn't i just get charged thru the skype plan?

• weird_science
    weird_science Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Guys, it's easy :) If you want to receive the call through Skype on you cell, IM+ for Skype indeed would use both your cell data and airtime minutes. But you can go around this and receive the call on any land line number you have by your hand at the moment (an office phone, a hotel room phone number, a guest house number). So you dial on your iPhone in IM+ for Skype and receive the call on that landline. Your charges are Skype Out rates to your contact and to you, and the connection fee. It is less then a dollar in total! Or if you have unlimited incoming minutes you can just use your iPhone number as the callback and also the charges are also very small :)

• Olliver
    Olliver Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

anyone who managed to use the Skype application over 3G with Voipover3G? If so what's the bundle identifier for Skype or where can it be found?

• Cnxtreme
    Cnxtreme Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Ok.. Again this exposes the second big fault with the iPhone once again.. No Multitasking. Meaning if you start Skype and then do anything else with the iPhone, you're logged out of Skype so people can't Skype-call or Skype-text you.

No other mobile device (or ANY device/computer) since the early 1990's suffers from this. Apple, please enter the 21st century.

• Olliver
    Olliver Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

Re iPhone & multitasking
    My view is that its worth living without multitasking.
    Have had SonyEricssons P900, P990, Samsungs i320, i780 and Omnia, all anoyingly slow but they had multitasking. I like the "lightness" of iPhone. There is a battery issue with multitasking as well.
    But sure, when processors with higher capacity are developed and takes less power I guess multitasking is on the list.
    Beleive Skype works great with Voipov3G and Backgrounder, is it possible on Windows mobile, UIQ or Symbian with same functionality?

10383 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I am looking into getting an iphone, more or less so I can use Skype to call my boyfriend who lives in the UK (I live in Australia). Can someone please explain to me the costs involved? Obviously there is the month to month contract fee, and the initial subscription fee for the application, but beyond that what are the skype fees, and how much talk time does it give me? If my bf also has a skype phone, can someone tell me the same info for him in the UK?

Ta.

• Fede
    Fede Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

There is a great application for SKYPE that you can have your own number and anyone can call you there. I use it in my iphone and sounds great. it's ring2skype

• скайп скачать
    via Wordpress
    Howdy very cool blog!! Guy .. Excellent .. Wonderful .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds additionally?I am glad to seek out so many helpful information here within the publish, we'd like work out extra strategies on this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .