UK's ITV Planning To Sue Apple If Apple TV Is Renamed As 'iTV'

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageUK's ITV Planning To Sue Apple If Apple TV Is Renamed As 'iTV'

When we reported that the next generation Apple TV will be renamed iTV, some of our readers in the UK had pointed out that the name would clash with UK television network ITV. It looks like ITV bosses are already getting worked up about the name change even though it...

Read the full story here

Comments

• CM
    CM Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

It seems ironic that Apple jumps immediately when other companies for even coming close to "infringing" on their intellectual property yet they would consider doing the same. Do they just do poor research before marketing an item (or in this case let the rumor escape) or are they arrogant enough to just figure no matter the outcome that they'll be on top enough to not worry about it? Don't get me wrong, I really like some of Apple's products but this is no different than any other company that Apple has tried to "brand" as "inferior".

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

oh who the **** cares about ITV in britan

• Vishnu
    Vishnu Posts: 199
    via Wordpress

Isn't this i"Phone"hacks.com ?

• Eddie
    Eddie Posts: 69
    via Wordpress

Seriously.. Apple gets all butt hurt when it feels people are infringing on its patents like HTC, yet they will go out of their way to steal other companies identities.. like it did to the Beatles Apple record label. You would think they would learn.

• crazy Man
    crazy Man Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

This is crazy. Not long ago apple was suing nokia about who will make phones and who will sell musics and now if you look they both do both. How selfish is apple!!! It's like this saying goes "What's mine is NOT yours and what's yours IS mine"

• Stop the nonsense
    via Wordpress

Understand people that it's just a rumor! Not real. Apple has not said anything yet.

• Soond
    Soond Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Isn't this just a rumor anyways. It's not like Apple officially announced it. Plus it would be best if they don't release it because I still believe it won't take off like their other products. I don't see anything special with an iTV. The only way I believe they could sell it is if they sold a box that could work with your existing tv but we all know they would never do that. This whole closed system worked when they first launched but the intense competition they face now I think they stand to lose sales. Oh well, time will tell. And anyways, in the end we all win.

• Eddie
    Eddie Posts: 69
    via Wordpress

Apple already did this twice.. with Beatles Apple record label and the original iPhone.. belonging to Cisco Systems.. this doesn't surprise me.

• uk joe
    uk joe Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

the brits do you twat.get your own name. and its not BRITAN ITS BRITAIN.you thick piece of ****.

• spritesc
    spritesc Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Apple TV sounds more professional to me.

• RP
    RP Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Z is clearly a backwards ****!

• Hmmmm Yeah
    Hmmmm Yeah Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

it would just fail in uk. ITV is a very well recognised channel in the uk. its one of the top 2 channels. anyone said ITV in the uk everyone would asume the tv channel and not some internet tv box thingy.

would be like Apple trying call its tv box ESPN in the usa. just wouldnt work.

• R
    R Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

Probably some redneck who thinks "Britan" is another US state.

• Sure....
    Sure.... Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

That's a spot on comparison for yanks like our anti 'britan' chap who posted first.

Apple: dont do this. Thanks.

• Point of Sale software
    via Wordpress

I have recently came to know about Apple's iTV and now this is something new news for me that there is already a UK's iTV.Well I have not any name for a suggestion.Let's see what will happen next if Apple will change a name.

• Paulus
    Paulus Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

ITV=low quality output and it's a money grabbing souless channel anyway for shareholders.
    But I guess its not the point,
    Apple must practise what they preach / sue in this occassion.

• taff
    taff Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I think apples research department is having a brain fart these days. And try to steal any name or slogan they can by using their bullying tactics. All because they can not think of a new name for their products.

Im surprised apple have not tried to stop New York to use it’s “big apple” nick name….or is that yet to come?