Five-Column SpringBoard - Hack Adds Extra Column Of Apps To iPhone Homescreen

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageFive-Column SpringBoard - Hack Adds Extra Column Of Apps To iPhone Homescreen

If you like the idea of squeezing the number of apps on your iPhone homescreen then this post is for you. They are three jailbreak apps available on Cydia that allow you to to increase the number of icons on your iPhone’s homescreen. The first one is called Five-Column SpringBoard,...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Abel
    Abel Posts: 183
    via Wordpress

Better to mention iconoclasm. Many customized layouts for that, including my favorite 5x5.

• Mattius
    Mattius Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Been using this for a while already. Don't for get about fiveidock too. Or inifidock, was usfull while on holiday. Are dev team working on new jailbreak u think?

• Revrevmax
    Revrevmax Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Didnt work for me. My springboard crashed, currently in safe mode. Unable to uninstall it through cydia also. Help! Im using iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

That's strange, it worked perfectly well on my iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1.

Try to reinstall it to see if it helps.

• Stan
    Stan Posts: 192
    via Wordpress

It is very obvious that this is going too far beyond. I like the twicks and hacks presented here every time. But we have to apply some common sense in everything we do.

I personally don't think is a good idea to stuff the home screen with five columns. Where is the beauty of the iDevice after? Well, that's my opinion. Maybe others love it but I honestly don't.

It is no longer about whether the iDevice can be hacked or not. We know that guys in this community have being doing great job in giving us the freedom we duly deserve and desire, and I truly grateful for that.

Though I don't care what Steve Job will think when he sees this, but I guess it will drive him nuts.

For me, no five-column... Thanks!

• who cares
    who cares Posts: 83
    via Wordpress

restore back to 401 make sure u have shsh on file frist

• KB
    KB Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

I had the same problem and I'm also on 4.01. I finally had to install Rock, force the uninstall of FCSB, install a thing called IconSupport, then re-install FCSB. After all that it worked great.

• KB
    KB Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

My solution is easier and the end result is you will have FCSB

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress

use version five-column 1.1.1

• Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress

Hey dude that happened to me too just download ifile and look where that add on is and delete it it should work

• jimmi
    jimmi Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

nice hack but this make my iPhone screen looks ugly!

• sebastian
    sebastian Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

Yep and it's from the same developer, Yanik Magnan. Much more powerful than Five Icon SpringBoard.

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

I totally agree, and that's why im not installing this, or the five icon dock.

• Goose
    Goose Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Five icon dock is way better then five columns, that's just wrong man. I'm waiting until Proswitcher is 4.0 compatible, now that is a cool hack. :)

• tonni
    tonni Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

hey guys i have the same problem i download the FCSB and i can go out safe mode... i know u said that i should try to reintall it and dsnt work, and already download rock and tryit again and nothing.. am i doing something wrong??

• tonni
    tonni Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

hey man i got that problem and it says error exit status 127 and i cant get out of that and safe mode. what can i do to delete this crap? thnks

• fadz
    fadz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

damn.. not working dear
    pls dont post tweak which does not working

• sahid
    sahid Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

Please don't secondly stuff that do not work. Now please post a post on how to remove this thing. As I can not exit out of safe mode.

• willy
    willy Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

iconoclasm is much better... gives you the option of five column and MUCH more... works on iphone 4, some features like "shrink" are still unavailable, but should come in the future...

• willy
    via Wordpress

five icon dock works flawless on my iphone 4... and get iconoclasm instead of five column...

sbrotator is nice for showing off, (tell people its an ipad mini:) its also friendly with the iconoclasm, and five icon dock...

The only time this acted buggy on me was when I clicked on the apps tab in itunes... sometimes it rearranges everything on its own, but if you notice this happened, the app will tell you settings have been changed, and you can just deny the sync.

Another jb app I use is infinifolders, which allows you to put more apps into a single folder.

note- last time I tried five column, and five row, it didn't work for my iphone 4 either... (as well as infinidock)never bricked, just deleted the package in cydia...

• willy
    via Wordpress

update- infinidock seems to work now...