Apple Might Release New iPhone 4 To Fix Antenna Problem By End Of September?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Might Release New iPhone 4 To Fix Antenna Problem By End Of September?

Macrumors is reporting that an executive at Mexican carrier Telcel is claiming that Apple will release a revised version of the iPhone 4 by the end of September to address the highly publicized iPhone 4 antenna issue. When Steve Jobs had announced at the iPhone 4 press conference that Apple...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Daniel323LA
    Daniel323LA Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

I don't care. I  my  4!

• Amalio357
    Amalio357 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

it's true they BETTER let early buyers do a trade in as well, and at the same GB's we originally bought... or so help me!!!!

• Greg
    Greg Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

They won't release a new iPhone 4. Doesn't make any sense.

They're doing the free case program as a way to keep their sales up initially, and after that, if customers still choose to buy an iPhone 4, it's at their own risk.

The brilliance of the plan is that as more people continue buying iPhones through October, the iPhone 4 popularity with climb even further and, as it does, the antennae hype will simultaneously die down.

Releasing a new iPhone 4 would only mean Apple admits they were wrong and all current iPhone 4 users would be angry that they bought a "defective" model and would demand a trade-in program. Apple needs to ride it out until iPhone 5.

• who cares
    who cares Posts: 83
    via Wordpress

did u read the fine print when u got the free case ? there probley something in there about not being able to return it . dont know just asking ?

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

I agree, I assume after the end of Sept. 30th we are gonna see phones just being sold with the Apple bumper as part of the packaging.

• Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

Every time they come up with news like this I feel way better for buying the 3GS and sticking with it.

• Will
    Will Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

I don't think they will revise it, obviously the antenna is not deterring people, they will just include bumpers in the box.

• Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress

Not gonna happen, Apple WILL not release a new iphone 4 just because the current iphone 4 has problem, (which it does not).

Not all the people in the world who owns the iphone 4 have the antenna problem, and SJ mentioned about it at his press conference, only a few % are effected, but the rest don't.

If they did, apple would lose a lot of money as they would have to re-inburse to all the iphone 4 owners.

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

That is because you haven't used an iPhone 4. Once you use it, you'll laugh at the 3GS. The camera alone is reason to switch, not to mention the retina display. Oh, and did I mention the FaceTime works great!?! Did you get a free case with your iPhone 3GS? Let me answer that for you, NO. If we were standing in the same spot, your 3GS will drop a call when my iPhone 4, with a bumper, will stay connected.

• DrunkMunki
    DrunkMunki Posts: 62
    via Wordpress

They DEFINATLY wont release a version 2 of the iPhone 4, the cost would be so overwhelming, bad press and trade-in programs, upset customers... they will wait till mid next year when everything had died down and release a S version of the iPhone 4, which would secretly fix the issues.

• Min
    Min Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

I don't interest any modification(update).
    Because of my i4 make make/receive a call in my office.
    When I was using 3Gs ... I have been go out to get al call always.

• smoothc1
    smoothc1 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

There are talking about updating the antenna only, not replacing the phone!! Why not, if they no longer have to supply a bumper for free!!

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

Well said....or typed.

• me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress

MY GOD IM IN LOVE WITH THE CAMERA!!! AUTO FOCUS WITH 5.0 MP IS AMAZING!

• Roger Well
    Roger Well Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Very well spoken and you're absolutely right,and hit the nail on the head!Hope it's on Jobs head.

• Jimmy M
    Jimmy M Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I took my 4 back. Reception was terrible, my old 3Gs smokes it! Even worse was the proximity problem they tried to deny!!
    My 3Gs buddies could make calls while I couldnt while standing right next to the. FIX THOSEE TWO PROBLEMS AND THE PHONE IS AWESOME.

• Jimmy M
    Jimmy M Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

And the case did not help my reception!

• Greg
    Greg Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

=). I work in marketing!

• nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress

they will change iphone 4 hw in order to add micro usb charger so they can be sold within EU. if they dont make it now, they will be forced to do it before the end of the year. so, expect a hw revision that fixes also the antenna problem.

• Jeffrey Wescott
    Jeffrey Wescott Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Tell Apple it’s time to ditch AT&T! Sign my petition: http://ow.ly/2tGc8

• amigammc
    amigammc Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The case doesn't solve crap. I got 3 cases now and I still drop nearly every call in the house. In 2 years my blackberry never dropped one call. Apple would be a lot more honest by admitting there's a real problem rather than beating around the bush or claiming it's just a software glitch that shows the wrong number of bars. Today: 3 calls, 3 dropped.

• Suck my junk
    Suck my junk Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

That's the price you pay for buying early dumbass. Should have waited until all the bugs got fixed. I hope they do no such thing. I'm glad I waited...haha loser!