iPhone 4's Proximity Sensor Problem Might Not Be Fixed In iOS 4.1?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 4's Proximity Sensor Problem Might Not Be Fixed In iOS 4.1?

We had reported last week that iOS 4.1, which is currently in its third beta includes a fix for the proximity sensor problem reported by iPhone 4 users. While not documented by Apple in the release notes, some users had reported that after installing iOS 4.1 beta, the proximity sensor...

Read the full story here

Comments

• BrentG
    BrentG Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Im really sick of all these issues on my new iphone 4. I cant wait till the next version of this phone. Im hoping new carriers with an updated phone will come out early next year.

Its really unacceptable and im a huge apple fan boy! Apples at 2 strikes with me. I hope by the third strike android really has their UI and better battery life above apples.

• Paulus
    Paulus Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Never mind dropping the ball, Apple seemed to be throwing it as far as they can,
    Signal Issue
    Signal Antenna Bridging issue.
    Proximity Sensor Issue
    Iphone 3G Slowness Issue (how did that get release in that state).

Don't get me wrong you can't not love the I4 which I own but how did these issues get past QC?

• gotojanoo
    gotojanoo Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Don't care about Iphone 4 lol.I got 3gs :)) Kidding.

• D-Rail
    D-Rail Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Jobs rushed the phone to the deadline regardless of the bugs.
    I imagine if Apple had another month or 2 to work out those bugs before releasing it there wouldn't be any of these problems.

• me not you
    me not you Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

im so glad i didnt get the iphone 4, besides once the new iphone is released in january everyone with an iphone 4 is going to feel even more screwed by steve jobs

• lol
    lol Posts: 79
    via Wordpress

LOL ... there's Apple for ya!

• iPhone Issues
    iPhone Issues Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

iPhone has too many issues.... 3+ years since initial release and still missing things and having issues....

• me not you
    via Wordpress

idk why i keep coming back to this forum.. i sold my itouch a week ago and i got the htc aria instead of an iphone... i guess its just my respect for the dev team cause its definatly not for apple

• Rudy569
    Rudy569 Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

First off. I love my iPhone 4. Still on the 4.0 and don't have any issues with it. Bluetooth seems to fwork fine with me. Antenna issue.. Put a case around the phone( problem fixed ). The only thing I see is apple is always gonna leave one issue to be fixed on the iPhone. The reason is they will alway want some stupid excuse for you to update to fix the issue and get you away from the jailbreak. They want to be in total control and by leaving simple little issues on the phone that's the way they will gain it. So I will be sticking with 4.0 for days to come until I see a decent update and it's able to be jailbroken.

• TLC Racing
    TLC Racing Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I agree!!! I don't even have a case for my iPhone 4 and I haven't noticed an antenna problem or service problem, the only problem I can see is the proximity sensor and in due time apple will come with a fix for it. Other than that I'd have to say the iPhone 4 is the best iPhone since 2007!!!!

• Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress

Apple isn't going to release a new iphone in January, unlikely. Oh if it's the verizon thing, most likely it's a rumor. So technically nobody is screwed and Jobs didn't screwed us yet.

• Kwopau
    via Wordpress

I don't have a Proximity sensor issue nor the bluetooth issues on mine. As both of them are working properly as they should. It is probably the first batch that always have problems. Once the first batch is gone, the phone should be working properly.

Oh I don't have the antenna issue as well. Don't know what people are saying, they expect too much out from Apple.

• Kwopau
    via Wordpress

Not to mention I have the iphone 4.

• me not you
    via Wordpress
  • Josh IP4
    Josh IP4 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Why are you running this? This is nonsense and pretty much spreading hysteria about something that IS going to be fixed. Only the HACKS at Iphonehacks would think this is proper. Read the blogs of all the other mac/apple/iphone - AND - the developers that have been using the 4.1 who have seen a marked improvement in their proximity sensor. Instead, you go with an Australian Fiona Martin and listen to anyone at Next Web? You guys really are as dumb as you claim.. I hope NOBODY here has paid ANY mind to this trash.

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

Does anyone know if any of the other smartphones like evo stood 2 or even that new galaxy phone, have any issues that stick out like the ones on iPhone 4?
    I don't really check on those other phones so this is why I ask.

• KB
    KB Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Not to say anyone else is maiing things up, obviously not, but I haven't had a single issue with my iPhone 4. I got it in mid august and everything works great for me. Maybe they did changes part way through a production run or something?

• Rover
    Rover Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

What I don't get is how is it that they rushed when they only release one phone a year?

• Beni
    Beni Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

where did you buy your iphone 4.
    usa?canada?uk?
    i want 2 buy one but where?

• Beni
    via Wordpress

where did you buy your iphone 4.
    usa?canada?uk?
    i want 2 buy one but where?

• Beni
    via Wordpress

anyone who had bought Iphone 4 and dont have any isues.
    please reply where did you bouth your device?
    should I wait for iphone 5?
    (by the way I have 3gs.)

• LX
    LX Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I don't have any issues with my iPhone 4. Bluetooth, Reception, Not at all. I'm in sydney, so yea I got mine at SYD Apple Store.

Dunno what all these folks talking bout though.. Both of my 3GS and i4 are running great.

• Beni
    via Wordpress

ty man.
    I need more replies!
    Iphone 4, Canada is it safe to buy there?

• moz
    moz Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

Apparently there are issues with iPhone sold on Telus network in Canada... Something about freezings, firmware that would not update and so on. Otherwise it appears that there are no known issues at Rogers & Fido. I don't for Bell though.

There are still lineups for factory unlocked iPhones in Motreal and when there's no lineup it means that there's no iPhone4 left.

• Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress

spend 2 weeks with the a droid then switch to an iphone 4 u tell me what has BUGS!

• Beni
    via Wordpress

thanks!
    so i m gona buy one in Canada.
    factory unlocked.
    hope its gona be lucky.

• garoti@gmail.com
    garoti@gmail.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

steve jobs is taking advantage on idiot iphone 4 users. Why don't you guys return iphone back to apple instead of complaining 3G, bluetooth, signal...only stupid people using iphone 4 guys. I think you guys go back to old history of cellphone.

• KB
    KB Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

USA. I ordered it through AT&T not Apple.
    It was shipped with 4.01 too

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress

The iPhone 4 has SO many problems, sheesh! And yet the Apple Fanboys march proudly on in blind allegiance. Check out my video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPcQ-cYg8iA

• Spark
    Spark Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Listen to yourself? How brainwashed are we? To put up with this? So what the phone looks nice!!!

You have had a phone that's junk for 2 months now. I almost got into an accident fumbling with the bluetooth... then I called my boss and it hung up on him and called a pizza joint.

Is this what you expect from a premium product?????

I returned mine... BEST THING I EVER DID!