China Unicom To Offer Jailbreak Service & Free Cases To iPhone 4, iPad Customers?

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageChina Unicom To Offer Jailbreak Service & Free Cases To iPhone 4, iPad Customers?

According to a recent report on M.I.C Gadget, China Unicom, the official carrier partner for the iPhone and iPad in China, could be offering official jailbreak service to their customers. The website has published pictures of promotional posters on display at a China Unicom store in Dongguan that reads: “Support...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Cozze02
    Cozze02 Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

Just because the devteam isn't gonna jailbreak it doesnt mean it can't be done haha. Pretty sure this Chinese company has alot more time, money, and manpower to get that task completed in no time, stop being so closed minded iPhone hacks.

• so sad
    so sad Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

They are a bunch of hacks.. no pun intended.

• crazy Man
    crazy Man Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

2 Things you got wrong:
    First 1:
    Its NOT about they wont or cant release it! It's because there's NO point if 4.1 is just round the corner!!!

Secondly:
    Iphonehacks has never release any jailbreak, it's Idev Team!!!

Show some respect asshole!

• Sean
    Sean Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

yeah a lot of asian countries have placed that will hack your stuff. I have friends in Thailand and they tell me there are store that will hack iPhones, psp's nintendo ds's and many more!

• Cozze02
    via Wordpress

Two things you got wrong: if you would have read it I said the dev team not iphonehacks jailbreak. And secondly I never said it would make fence to make a 4.0.2 jailbreak. I just said that it is possible for ppl other than the dev team to do it. Your just as dumb as these blog writers!

• crazy Man
    crazy Man Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

Why did you say "stop being so closed minded iPhone hacks.) then?

• Carlos
    Carlos Posts: 45
    via Wordpress

Just go to Mexico and they will hack anything you want there are stores every where that will hack any phone or mod any video game console..most of the people that do this in Mexico are people that come from Spain.

• Cozze02
    via Wordpress

Because every time iphonehacks talks about a jailbreak and they mention that the Dev Team wasn't going to make a jailbreak for that particular firmware the ppl at iphonehacks immediately makes it sound like its impossible unless the dev team says it is. Thats why they are close minded. Any other questions?

• naveed
    naveed Posts: 68
    via Wordpress

Yeah I'm sure.. Chinese must have JB for 4.1 too... They dont release to public, if u buy phone from Unicom they will JB in the backyard and give it to u ready. :) :)

• Rocket
    Rocket Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Yes there is a hack, I have a 3g hackt on 4.0.2, so it's possible

• Ablasted
    Ablasted Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

I believe that. I'm from Portugal (next to Spain for those who don't know) and here there are lots of stores where you can get that done

• I'M F'ed
    via Wordpress

BOW! yea back in Bangladesh there's stores all over the place... I just came back from there a week ago and that's where i got my iPhone 4 hacked =) and funny thing is... I only had to pay 76 cents in US currency to have it done haha damn I love 3rd world countries.

• I'M F'ed
    via Wordpress

BOW! yea back in Bangladesh there's stores all over the place... I just came back from there a week ago and that's where i got my iPhone 4 hacked =) and funny thing is... I only had to pay 76 cents in US currency to have it done haha damn I love 3rd world countries.

• JC
    JC Posts: 55
    via Wordpress

How or where did you get it done?

• Rion
    Rion Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Just bunch of hacking tools. Why get worked up?

• Mr112
    Mr112 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

i jailbreak my iphone with no charge.. why need to pay? hahaha

• BJ
    BJ Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

That picture looks awfully familiar ...

Yes that is a service that some of these stores provide but it is most likely not a Unicom owned Service Hall. There are only a small amount of service halls that Unicom actually own. The rest are just franchise company's as such. The company I am currently working for is applying for a license to do something similar in terms of reselling Unicom services etc.

Unicom has NOT officially launched the device. These are all water stock devices that have been smuggled in via other countries. So that add is most likely to be their own ad and nothing to do with Unicom. The devices are purchased from 3rd parties that run the stock through border control.

Unicom does provide material for customers to show them how to Jailbreak. It is not actively promoted but it is available. I have a copy of these materials and it is actually quite interesting. from start to beginning they have everything in there. Puts the internet to shame because these books with hundreds of pages give the user full access to everything. They have iPhone Sales staff in-store that do provide work-arounds for iTunes so they can install Apps for free. Unicom have unlimited access accounts which they use to provide customers with free paid apps. Colleagues have told me that is the norm when they are with the Unicom staff. No one pays for anything in China :)Apart from the phone of course..