Apple's App Store Crosses Quarter Million Apps Milestone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple's App Store Crosses Quarter Million Apps Milestone

It has just been over two years since the Apple App Store was launched and it is just amazing how fast it has grown. The App Store has crossed yet another milestone. According to 148Apps, the App Store has passed the quarter million milestone on Friday. Here are some interesting...

Read the full story here

Comments

• lspiehler
    lspiehler Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I've never had any problems finding an app. I just wish we could trial the apps before hand to determine the best one.

• Ablasted
    Ablasted Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

I agree.
    But it's also tru that sometimes I try to find something new, something different and it seems most of the new apps are just another version of the ones we already have.
    Don't get me wrong, it's always good to see developers trying to improve and go further, but to find something that is really different...

• lindberg
    lindberg Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

The apps site need lots of improvement. One should be able to jump to page 14 etc in a category, kids stuff should be broken down by appropriate age, apps should be searchable in index fashion, I can't believe its so dorky -- its Apple after all.

• airmanchairman
    airmanchairman Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

There's a lot of assistance you can get to find apps through the Store's categories (New, What's Hot, Staff Favourites etc) and there are also excellent blogs like this one that are invaluable for drawing our attention to outstanding developer efforts.

However, I'm sure some truly great developers' offerings are being missed for lack of exposure or publicity and suchlike.

At the end of the day, the truly intrepid app seeker would stick their guns and diligently search out for that desired app that fulfils the criteria they would have already set out, and nothing beats the euphoria and achievement of finding just what you desire somewhere out there...

• me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress

Are you a journalist?

• Jayb
    Jayb Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

How long has the App store been around compared to the Droid Store ??

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

i think most of the "Books" are "CHEAT GUIDE" and "GAME GUIDE" of games.....FAKE AND GAY

• Ike
    Ike Posts: 31
    via Wordpress

50 thousand Apps, 200 thousand crApps.

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

Amen - books are not apps. They are books. 90% of the apps a garbage or copy cats. It's about quality, not quantity. There are more than enough apps out there. I just wish there was a decent way to find them and try them out or get impartial reviews.