iOS 4.1 Features: First Look At HDR Photos

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiOS 4.1 Features: First Look At HDR Photos

High Dynamic Range (HDR) photos is one of the major new features introduced in iOS 4.1. At Apple’s September 1 special event, Steve Jobs explained that HDR photos are created using 3 photos taken in rapid succession: one normal, one under-exposed, and one over-exposed. The photos are then combined using...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Ju1cebox
    Ju1cebox Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Well 1st of all you can see some improvements, but will you notice a difference with the 3GS. Looking forward to 4.1 and the release of JB for it as well

• Chaz
    Chaz Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

It is hardly HDR.
    It just seems to save some detail in the highlights, not much else?

There is an app in the app store called "Pro HDR" that actually exposes twice to produce a fairly decent hdr image from the phone.

It is cool to have this feature in 4.1 but calling it HDR is like calling iTunes 10 new logo "good".

• Hmmm Da Dum
    Hmmm Da Dum Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

is this feature for all iphones or just the iphone 4?

• Brad
    Brad Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

Wrong thread douche. Try and ask about jailbreaking on the article about warning jailbreakers to stay away from os 4.1 until we hear further from DevTeam. I'm pretty sure this article (though it has many spelling errors) is about HDR -- not about Jailbreaking. I saw your Twitter account - you're a twit for sure. You're following @MuscleNerd and a few others. I'm pretty sure he'll be tweeting about the jailbreak as he is working on it, and or when it becomes available. Do you see others asking here? Don't you think that whomever jailbreaks 4.1, that we're all going to find out? Maybe you're just that ignorant. I guarantee one thing though, this won't be the article they're going to post it on. You're a moron spoonie. You like to be fed information like babies need to be fed. Unless you have something worth while to say, keep it buttoned.

• Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress

Lmao! Now that was a very funny reply. That tickled me, thanks for that :)

• Jcm800
    via Wordpress

Lmao, that was hilarious :)

• Jcm800
    via Wordpress

Damn that was meant to be in reply to Brad.

• Bmoney
    Bmoney Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

It's seems that the non native camera apps are better than the native camera. The HDR app has been out for awhile. I don't see why this is even news.

• JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress

It was hilarious. Perhaps a little drawn out, but that's my sense of humor. I'd like to buy this guy a beer, end up offending him or getting offended, fight, and then drink some more beer.

• CristV77
    CristV77 Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

i just hope that no A*&$)*# will start asking the Dev Team the JB release date, so plz, we all should be a little patient, it will come soon, we know thats how they work

• Robinho
    Robinho Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

It's not something new !

• Concealdcarrier
    Concealdcarrier Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

SOoooooo, anyone heard when this jb will be out? LMAO

• Dustin
    Dustin Posts: 116
    via Wordpress

Snap... very true about the logo next time Steve pay me lots of money to design it for you. hell i can do at least better than that?

LMAO you know what happened.. apple went broke from giving out free bumpers and could only afford stock vectors from istock. BAZING

• djman10
    djman10 Posts: 94
    via Wordpress

I understand that totally new features are exciting but I'd rather see Apple spend time and effort in fixing or refining the things that don't work well in iOS 4. Examples? 1. The Notes App needs to have user-selectable sorting orders instead of automatic sort by modified date, and/or a folder or grouping mechanism. As it is now it takes way too long to find a note among 50 or so.
    Ex2: Too many steps are required to delete a calendar entry or a contact. Move the delete button a screen before the edit screen.
    Ex3: Quick access to toggles for wifi, bluetooth, and airplane mode are needed.

And the list goes on......

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

I agree with needing quick toggles. I dont know why they couldnt be added to the task switcher screen. The whole top of that task switcher is blanked out and just the 4 icons at the bottom are shown. You could add toggles and better music controls there. I hate swiping to the left to get to the music controls after I double tap home.

• uk joe
    uk joe Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

what a fucking idiot who the hell are you to tell people they are ignorant morons because they simply asked a question. is this your page you stuck up twat. this is iphone hacks what does it matter what is asked if its about iphone. go shove your head up your arse you tosser. your just a show off.by the way dont bother answering this i wont be hear to read it.

• Superfreak
    Superfreak Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

Why so much anger??? LOL

• CristV77
    CristV77 Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

lol, if thats what u call yourself, lol, be my guest

• Naco
    Naco Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I'm sure their $30 pieces of plastic drove them to bankruptcy. You know, since we're not paying like $200+ for a new phone, with a new version coming out every 6 months or so. Oh, wait...

• Ali
    Ali Posts: 86
    via Wordpress
  • Johnny
    Johnny Posts: 93
    via Wordpress

Hey Brad...Go f*** yourself!!! Who the f*** do you think you are talking like that? This is the internet and people are free to ask whatever questions they want!

• Johnny
    Johnny Posts: 93
    via Wordpress

Oh Brad, I also wanted to mention that YOUR A F***ING TOOL!!!!