Poll: Will you buy a ringtone for 99c or iPhone app for a one time fee or use free iPhone Hacks?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imagePoll: Will you buy a ringtone for 99c or iPhone app for a one time fee or use free iPhone Hacks?

Steve Jobs has announced today that with the new version of iTunes you will be able to add custom ringtones to the iPhone. We already have iPhone hacks and apps which allow you to add custom ringtones to your iPhone. So hows does this news from Apple change things for...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Corey
    Corey Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Well considering if you are putting song clips of copyrighted material onto your phone as ring tones it is illegal... the wise choice would be to purchase them as that is the only legal way to obtain ringtones.

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

it is not illegal because the songs u would use with programs like iToner are yours to begin with and you can choose to do whatever u want with them....I personally want iToner to come out for Windows. I would buy it in a heartbeat. But till' then....goin to use iTunes...

• Corey Rice
    Corey Rice Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Music licensing has nothing to do with programs and owning the programs. Programs that perform illegal functions are not legal because you bought them.

• Corey Rice
    Corey Rice Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Music licensing has nothing to do with programs and owning the programs. Programs that perform illegal functions are not legal because you bought them.

• Stein
    Stein Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

the RIAA has to get it out of their thick heads that ringtones aren't this sacred format that users have to pay for. If a you buy a ringtone, you should be able to use it as a song, and if you buy a song you should be able to use it as a ringtone. it's the same file, it just happens to be played through the device differently.

• mdwsta4
    mdwsta4 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

i've been making my own ringtones for 6 years. don't plan on paying for them now. especially since you have to buy a song on itunes. what about a previous song i bought? or a cd i bought and imported? yeah.... no i won't pay for them.

• Purichan
    Purichan Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I buy most of my music from iTunes and many of those songs are the ones I want to use as my ringtones. I don't have a big problem with paying the extra .99 cents to convert it into a rintone. I only want a few different ones at a time so as long as they sound good it isn't a big deal. My main problem with this system is that there are so few songs that are licensed for ringtones it's ridiculous! For this reason I'm definitely going to use some type of hack in order to get the songs from my favorite bands as my ringtones.