Apple To Discontinue Free Case Program On All iPhone 4s Sold After September 30

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple To Discontinue Free Case Program On All iPhone 4s Sold After September 30

Apple has just announced that it will be discontinuing its free iPhone 4 case program after September 30th. Back in July, Apple had announced at the special press conference held last week that it will give free cases to all iPhone 4 customers to address concerns raised by iPhone 4...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jk
    Jk Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

I do agree with Apple that the problem is not as big as the media made it out to be. I've been using it without casing with no drop calls.

• Linz
    Linz Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

In no offense to and not directed at jk, i cant understand why people would use an iphone without a case in the first place, it's to expensive of a phone to risk having an oops.

• xero14
    xero14 Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

I never use a case dont like the look or feel. Plus why hide the look of the phone. If it needs a case they shouldn't spend so much time and money into the looks of the phone. I dont have an I4 yet though debating that or evo 4g its though.

• Monkeywrench
    Monkeywrench Posts: 59
    via Wordpress

i want to be that story, i want to be the one that says haha mine rocks. but i get so many voice quality issues and dropped calls, in two weeks id say more than the 10 months total with the 3gs. ouch

• cave
    cave Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

so what about the people who are still unable to get a Iphone 4 i just called still none avalable and hasnt been sence release date we just get fucked cause apple hasnt shipped any FU apple u **** suckers

• Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 163
    via Wordpress

AT&T sux!!! Dropped calls galore

• Robert Plant
    Robert Plant Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I think the antenna issue is way blown out of proportion!
    I haven't experienced any issues frankly. Maybe mine is a new build, but I love it, have ordered a case just cause it's on offer :)

• Fleur
    Fleur Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

Would be interresting to test newly manufactured Iphone 4 sold after September 30 to check if it faces the same antenna issue. I could mean that Apple found an HW fix for the antenna problem but doesn't want to tell it to avoid to have to exchange the already sold Iphone 4.

• Digitaltouch
    Digitaltouch Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

I Have had my iPhone4 for since September 2 and dont have my free case yet. But my wife or I has not had droped calls. We live on the eastcoast so maybe that's why. But happen that I'm getting a free case. This phone is very small feels like it could slide right off my hands. So I can't wait for a case that could of cost 30$ for free.

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

I agree...no dropped calls without a case. 3GS on the other hand.

• L8te9ight
    L8te9ight Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

I ordered iphone4 and 3gs September 7th. Iphone4 was at my house September 9th by 11AM

Sep 8, 2010 2:44PM Picked up FORT WORTH, TX
    Sep 8, 2010 7:01PM Left FedEx origin facility FORT WORTH, TX
    Sep 8, 2010 10:56PM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
    Sep 9, 2010 3:42AM Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS,TN
    Sep 9, 2010 4:36AM At dest sort facility KENNER, LA
    Sep 9, 2010 7:54AM At local FedEx facility COVINGTON, LA
    Sep 9, 2010 8:11AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery COVINGTON, LA
    Sep 9, 2010 10:55AM Delivered

The 3gs is on its way. I thought for sure it would come before the iphone4.

• who cares
    who cares Posts: 83
    via Wordpress

the truth will come out thay cant hide it unless thay dont sell any more phones after 9 30 2010 ihave had mine sence thay first came out and have had the antenna problem case does help but not a proper fix and apple should admit it steve should admit it like a man but i dont think he is no i know he is nota man

• guild wars 2 gold
    via Wordpress

I just seen a post, in the begining, iphone's first os is windows? that is right?

• Anthony
    Anthony Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

Phone Guard Global Offers Insurance coverage for iphones/iPads/iPods Low upfront cost 100% Parts and Labor No Deductibles No Occurrence Limit No Lemon Guarantee Toll-Free Support Nationwide Coverage Rapid Claim service call 888-705-9272 or visit www.phoneguardglobal.com

• Manjunath
    Manjunath Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

iPhone 4 dropped calls sucks... 3GS was mch better.

• KB
    KB Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

That's odd. I ordered mine, from the AT&T site, and received it four days later. I've also not had any of the problems that others have complained about. I'm in no way saying that they're making it up, just that I guess I got lucky with mine. Maybe they changed something about them since the release date?

• Robert Plant
    via Wordpress

Mine is new build, two wks old. On one occasion while trying to induce the death grip my bars actually went UP one, so to me it's a non issue.
    I do appreciate I'm in the minority tho. Also ive yet to have a drop call, I expect in a low signal area it will happen, but I'd expect that.
    I'm in the UK by the way.
    In network '3' and they are king for data speed around here.

• Robert Plant
    via Wordpress

I disagree, just my opinion :)

• KB
    KB Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Uh... he did admit it. That's why he offered you a free case or a full refund.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

Let's face it. The ones who had problems with the iphone 4 have already returned their phones. Everyone else who's still complaining is either #1 lying to everyone else and in denial because they love their iphone and refused to return it, or #2 just trolling and don't even own an iphone. Stop hating.

Mine works fine. Loving it, end of discussion. If I didn't like it or it didn't work, I would've returned it and got my money back. So simple people.

• Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress

Honestly I did not have any reception issues nor the death grip issues when I got my iphone 4. I can't even get it to go down. Anyways to some that complained that they are, they are trying to bring the apple reputation down.

• who cares
    who cares Posts: 83
    via Wordpress

he did not admite it he said there nothing wrong with the iphone 4you dont have my phone and idont have yours so we can only say how we feel !!!!

• Puneet
    Puneet Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I used snowbreeze to jailbreak and got an error. Itunes then tried to upgrade to OS 4 and now my Iphone is giving me 3194 error message.

I am not not abl to do anything with iphone, what do you suggest I should do?

• Joker
    Joker Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

puneet,
    Maybe you should get a bumber case to fix your 3194 problem.