New iPod Touch Teardown Reveals 0.7 Megapixel Camera, 256MB RAM And More

2»

Comments

• I would have loved to replace my point and shoot camera with a iPod Touch. But 0.7 megapixels is nothing. I do love the the speed and the screen.

• Al_X
    Al_X Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

.7 MP BACK CAMERA!! Read the whole article. HD recording needs a minimum of .7 MP, which in this case is the minimum.

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

Finally someone with some sense. Who cares about the low res camera. Most of you tech freak have digital SLR's at home so why do you care. Plus the 720p video looks great on my iPod touch it's really crisp and the lens is good. Also do you guys even know what ram does? The only reason iPhone 4 need 512mb is because it's a phone. All ram does is allow for memory to be cached and reduce loading times slightly. If your thinking less ram means worse quality visuals your obviously thinking of the iPod GPU which is the same on iPhone 4 and iPad and iPod touch 4g and 3G.

• Paul
    via Wordpress

Who cares about the low res camera. Most of you tech freak have digital SLR's at home so why do you care. Plus the 720p video looks great on my iPod touch it's really crisp and the lens is good. Also do you guys even know what ram does? The only reason iPhone 4 need 512mb is because it's a phone. All ram does is allow for memory to be cached and reduce loading times slightly. If your thinking less ram means worse quality visuals your obviously thinking of the iPod GPU which is the same on iPhone 4 and iPad and iPod touch 4g and 3G.

• Paul
    via Wordpress

No 720p needs a minimum of 0.92 the still on the back camera are just like the frames from the hd video with the sides cut off.

• Steve C
    Steve C Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Yep, same for me as most of the others here. 0.7MP is a disappointment sure, but I have had a play around with one and loved it, for the price it is still a decent buy and I will be getting one because I am now a BB Curve 8900 user but still want to use all the apps I bought when I had my 3G so have kept my iTunes up to date and look forward to using it as a picture viewer, music player, document viewer and having fun with all the apps that I still have. That touch screen is just amazing. Wont be selling my 8900 for an iPhone4 tho' I am sold on my BB for now. Liked the comment about all the "I wont buy one" comments being made by kids who cant afford to buy one anyway har har classic.

• J
    J Posts: 131
    via Wordpress

ya it is but look at the fact to iphone 4 and they still can make better resolution for camera

• juliaano
    juliaano Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

well this sucks hardcore

• TysiPhoneHelp
    TysiPhoneHelp Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    The thing I find funny is, you guys all wanted the iPod to have a camera and when you get one, well infact 2 FFS! have you seen the price difference between and iPod and an iPhone about £300-400 so why would they put a 5MP camera in the iPod? They only put a camera on the front and back for FaceTime! An iPod is made for music, it is not designed to be a camera. If you want a decent camera on a compact device go buy a fucking Digital Camera! Or an iPhone 4. iPod's are made for music and always will be. Now stop fucking complaining. You got what you wanted a camera on the iPod touch!. Thanks :) I'm grateful why arnt you?
  • Emilee.J
    Emilee.J Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I recently got a new Ipod touch 4th gen. that right where the front camera is, (the side the screen is on) there is another camera on the right. What is it?I think its like a light capturer, or something. Please help!!