Newton OS Running On The iPhone Using Einstein Emulator

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNewton OS Running On The iPhone Using Einstein Emulator

Matthias Melcher has successfully ported Einstein, an open source emulator to run Newton OS (that used to run on Apple Newton PDAs) on the iPhone. If you had used and loved the Newton PDAs produced by Apple from 1993-1997 then you will definitely feel nostalgic when you see the video...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Lavender
    Lavender Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

AWESOME! iWANT this! I nearly bought myself the last Apple Newton MessagePad in the shop in the mid 1990's, but didn't manage (owing to lack of money). Been wondering about it ever since...

• Ike
    Ike Posts: 31
    via Wordpress

Awesome that people want to run a 15 year old Apple OS instead of the rancid spew that Jobs puts out now.

• Freak
    Freak Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

4.1 jailbreak please !!!!!!!! Ios 4.0.2 and 4.0.1 to bugy dont want to downgrade

• xsvl
    xsvl Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

The community has said many times not to upgrade to 4.1. The jailbreak will be out soon enough, please be patient. Remember these guys are doing a lot of work on their own initiative.

Just a few more weeks if not days now im sure.

Back on topic; the potential of iPhone and iPad are huge. I can't wait to see what Apple has in store for us one even two years from now. Imagine what those incredibly powerful machines will be able to accomplish.

• grayson
    grayson Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

"Melcher plans to submit the Einstein emulator to the App Store but it needs to be seen if Apple will approve it."

1. The source article makes no such claim.
    2. The App Store disallows all emulators.