GV Connect: First Google Voice iPhone App Hits The App Store

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGV Connect: First Google Voice iPhone App Hits The App Store

Great news for Google Voice users. GV Connect – a Google Voice iPhone app has just been approved by Apple. Last week, after Apple made a significant decision to modify its App Developer License agreement to let developers make use of third party development and analytics tools, we had reported...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

really like and trust the gv mobile guy, but this new guy sounds like he created the exact same app? not sure i want to spend 3 bucks on that when i can wait for the official app to be released or for the gv mobile guy i guess i will wait and see what everyone else says about it first

• Dmagic1
    Dmagic1 Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Yeah, I agree. I will be waiting for Sean Kovacs gv mobile to buy his app store app. He got such a hard time from apple a year ago.

• Dan Daly Jr, CSCS
    via Wordpress

its prompting me to login in every time I reopen the app. occasional crashes as well. GV mobile+ has not worked well for me since iOS 4, anyone else? Ive been using voice centrals black swan web applet

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

I'm not too familiar with Voip type apps but it sounds like skype. Does Google also charge for a number or credits like skype??

• adam
    adam Posts: 122
    via Wordpress

Google Voice is not a VOIP product, it's, for lack of a better term, a phone number aggregation service. I'm not going to type out an entire description here, but it isn't what you're thinking. You CAN make VOIP calls with Google Voice, but that's brand new and available only in the desktop Gmail web interface.

• Nox Edge
    Nox Edge Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

If you're the only one in your neighborhood to have the house number on the curb, it does little good, as people won't be looking there.

The value of having street numbers on the curb is more or less proportional to their frequency. A blocked number is completely worthless but any numbers that can be seen are clues to other addresses.

• Doz1.0
    Doz1.0 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This 3 buck imposter app crashes, requests for log in each time u exit app, it's just a copy cat of Sean Kovacs. I'll wait for Sean. His GV mobile+ has been a 22nd century tool in my iPhone. Nothing beats it, not yet.

• AreaKode
    AreaKode Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Is anybody else having problems with this app not remembering username/password and crashing every time you log in? I just updated to 1.0.1 (which supposedly fixes that problem), but it still does the same thing.

iPhone 3GS 4.0 jailbroken