iPhone 4 Launches In UAE And Qatar But Without FaceTime

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 4 Launches In UAE And Qatar But Without FaceTime

China was not the only country to get Apple’s new iPhone this weekend. Apple launched its latest iPhone in Qatar and the United Arab Emirates this weekend. But customers discovered that FaceTime – Apple’s video calling feature was missing from their shiny new iPhone 4s. We had speculated earlier in...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Gus
    Gus Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Hi ther,

I am in Saudi Arabia and just got iPhone 4 from Mobily the authuraized reseller. The phone came with 4.0.2 and face time is working fine, yet I think if I do update to 4.1 I might lose this option.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Thanks Gus for the information.

• iPhonerdxb
    iPhonerdxb Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hello..
    This is from UAE... Facetime option is working on new iPhones. In fact it does not seem that Apple is beyond the issue of banning FaceTime, this option disappeares only when you accept the carrier settings update which is being sent to all iPhone users.
    Ignoring carrier's updates keeping the option alive!

Will update further if any news comes up regarding this topic.
    Thanks to iPhoneHacks.

• iPhone user
    iPhone user Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

hi there,

im from the UAE and i have an iphone 4 with iOS 4.1 and facetime is working even after the carrier update.

• dxbiphonehackers
    dxbiphonehackers Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

dxb here its great tht etisalat and du r selling for less price as compared to others its a huge price difference once agian thanks to etisalat and du for officially launching iphone4

• Etisalat
    Etisalat Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • Fouad BAllan
    Fouad BAllan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hey Am From Qatar . FAceTime is not Available on my Iphone 4 iOS 4.0.2 Even when I upgrade it I was thinking that it might fixed but apparently not . Even though I thoink that we can Hack this Isue when a jailbreak for iOS4.1 is available ( a few days later according to spirit.org ) . But I think That Face Time Is disabled when you accept the carrier setting so I dont know REally what is the matter ...

best REgards
    Fouad Ballan

• ahmed
    ahmed Posts: 45
    via Wordpress

Weeks ago I bought an AT&T locked iphone from US for 800$ with firmware version 4.02. It now sits inside my drawer waiting to be unlocked.

Now mobily is selling it in Saudi Arabia for $562.

I was a little too impatient.

• A Naqvi
    A Naqvi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Got my iPhone 4 from the UK and Facetime is working fine on IOS 4.1 in Saudi Arabia

• Khawaja Saab
    Khawaja Saab Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

m Also in Qatar..!

Vodafone has send request to qatar Team..and waiting for approval..for working facetime over here!!

• Gus
    Gus Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Update,

I did the update to 4.1 and Facetime is GONE. Hope to get it back soon.

• iOS4
    iOS4 Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

This is off topic but just to let some of you know the new apple tv is shipping now. I ordered mine the date it was launched and got a mail today saying it has been shipped and will receive it by oct 1st

• K R A M
    K R A M Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

any details on the price in aed

• Hani
    Hani Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I am in Qatar, price in Vodafone qatar is 920$, and it is vactory unlocked, you can use it with any SIM worldwide.
    mine is unopen yet, but i will inform you about the virsion and the facetime when start using it.

• KhaledSwedy
    KhaledSwedy Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Apple launched the iphone in egypt 2day, um very worried about the facetime issue, i really want to buy it within this week, i asked vodafone they said we know nthin about it and the photos on their sites includes pictures of facetime. i was going to ship it from europa where i belong but i found it in egypt at almost the same price and unlocked to my career. i need to know is there anybody from egypt to tell me is facetime available or not and if not can we hack to re enable the feature???? :(

• KhaledSwedy
    KhaledSwedy Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

GR8 DAY !! facetime works in egypt without any limitations :D

• Kal
    Kal Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Hi iPhonehacks admins. maybe you can talk to some hackers and get some answer for us here in UAE who bought an iphone 4 without facetime. How can we activate the facetime.

i tried to download a ios 4.1 from some site and reinstall it on my iphone. but it still no facetime..

please help us

• awessam
    awessam Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

HI Guys, I'm in egyptand just bought my Iphone from Vodafone EG. But no Facetime on it. Is there a way to restore this feature again here? as all iphones bought from egypt will not include face time. Please help us on this issue.

BR
    A.wessam

• ahmed
    via Wordpress

Khaled,
    I bought my iphone from vodafone-eg i hade no face time working on it. But accedentlly i was installing fring and trying it. and checked on theface time i found it working then. Don't ask me how this happended but i have face time working now on my iphone4

• ahmed
    via Wordpress

all,
    I bought my iphone from vodafone-eg i hade no face time working on it. But accedentlly i was installing fring and trying it. and checked on theface time i found it working then. Don't ask me how this happended but i have face time working now on my iphone4

• ahmed
    via Wordpress

Kal,

• The New iPhone 4G with HD is the thinnest, highest resolution, best camera, HD video recording, video calling, extended battery life iPhone from Apple. The best part is they are factory unlocked to be used on ANY GSM carrier worldwide!Marketing Manager.Mr Alexandra CotrimEmail:bazarltd01@gmail.comtelcomltduk1@hotmail.comturionservice@yahoo.comCHAT::telcomltduk1@hotmail.comturionservice@yahoo.comSKYPE: telcomltduk1Tel ::+(44)-703-182-5206+(44)-703-182-5206Place Your Order Now.
  • Romey
    Romey Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hi dear i try also in my iphone but facetime not working please help me to make it work.
  • Pooya
    Pooya Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hi, may seem a bit late to post to this topic but iPhone 4 bought from UAE factory unlocked did not have FaceTime feature from 4.0.1 / 4.1 / or even 5.0.1 updates. This is not good at all :|Still searching for a way to have this cool feature and the other new one (hotspot) on my iphone. Hope to hear something new on this.