Apple Working On 5th-Gen iPhone With Smaller, Larger Screens?

2»

Comments

• Bendover
    Bendover Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

My gal would laugh at 4" :p

• Goodman
    Goodman Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

3.5 is perfect. 4 Inc is too big ...have you seen h&c hd

• Zed Sefi
    Zed Sefi Posts: 143
    via Wordpress

Same screen size, but get rid of the unnecessary wasted space on top and bottom, I mean c'mon the home button is too big and sits just there without anything on its right or left, same on the top you get phone speaker and camera, the rest are nothing, all surrounded by blackness.

What I would really like is to move these buttons and holes around. phone speaker can be pushed to the very top in the middle, and on edge of that so your ears can still reach it. front camera can be pushed to the very right or left corner. Home button can be moved to the side of the phone (similar to the home wake/sleep button, no need for big round button) and there you go, the rest is the same screen size but very nice small phone.

• Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress

To everybody that's saying no to 4 inch screens thats fine, stick with what you have, but for those who would like it great. Its all about options, like the android market. I wouldn't want it to get defragmented like android and windows because you tend to run into hardware problems. I've used a 4 inch android, and I love the size, yeah its on the bulk side, but everything has pro and cons. I say give us both and let the consumer decide.

• cheese
    cheese Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

a bigger iphone would give space for a bigger battery :) but then again it would be bulky and i think the iphone 4 has a big enough battery anyway :L

• J
    J Posts: 131
    via Wordpress

Lol, bigger battery to power the bigger screen XD

• moz
    moz Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

I say instead of a larger iPhone I would prefer the same iPhone size but with a larger screen. Simply move the home button on the side move the frontal camera and hearing speaker up and voila you free up 2-inch (diagonally)

• MrTaqi
    MrTaqi Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Size does not matter.iPhone 5 needs to have the missing features that Android 2.2 has and IOS 4.1 dos not have such as widgets with dynamic information updates, Bluetooth 3.0, and an FM radio in the hardware.

• moz
    moz Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

Yeah I completely agree regarding the missing features... FM radio is a hardware feature that exists since the iPhone 3G! Can you believe it? And yet Apple simply chosen to disable it! I guess they keep the functionality for later releases of iPhone... Now that I come to think about it why in the hell did Apple add a gyroscope in the iPhone 4 when they could have simply enable the so much more useful FM functionality?!

• JD
    JD Posts: 82
    via Wordpress

I just like the way its now. Every year a new one so everybothie is excited. And they look perfect so no smaller or bigger screen required. Else buy a nano or an iPad

• ITcrowd
    ITcrowd Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

4 inch or bigger. Current size is too small for multimedia, internet, remote desktop etc. Look at huge sales of Android devices with 4,3 inch screen. That's the way to go. Majority of users want it. It doesn't mean that new iphone will be much bigger. With clever design and small bezel it will be just fine. Apple please :-)

• Ethan
    Ethan Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    How about same size iphone... BUT larger screen.. Stretch the screen, move the home button to the side giving more space for the screen!!!
  • Ethan
    Ethan Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    FM radio can be replace with FM radio apps.. Apple just don't want to do something that further drain the iPhone battery. For example.. flash technology also drain lots of battery because the iPhone have to search for lots of signal.. Radio signal are lower/slower than 3g therefore it make complete sense to disable it.. Android decided to keep the FM technology that is why they are having battery problems...
  • Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress
    It would be nice if it were as large as the dell streak, which has a 5 inch screen, then I might buy it