iPod Touch Second Generation Loses Support for AirPrint

Whizkid
Whizkid Posts: 135
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPod Touch Second Generation Loses Support for AirPrint

All you 2nd generation iPod Touch users out there, here's a bit of a reminder from Apple as to how old your device has now become. Remember the time when you rejoiced as soon as you found that Apple's wireless printing technology AirPrint would be supported on the 2nd Generation...

Read the full story here

Comments

• pkpk
    pkpk Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • bryan
    bryan Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

It seems that apple is now TRYING to piss off people who do not rush out buy their latest product.

• Dustin
    Dustin Posts: 116
    via Wordpress

So am i safe to assume that my first gen Ipod touch wont do air printing? ga, i mean it still plays music pervectly, multitasks, and downloads hacked apps and games (though i pay for the ones on my Iphone4), so fu(k you apple, wonderfull product, HORRIBLE support. There is NO reason for me to buy a new Ipod touch, the one i have now works PERFECTLY, when you stop trying to make products only a little better at a time, instead of making them years ahead of their time, like you should, i will keep my inferior product, that does exactly what its meant to do, and ALOT of other things you NEVER wanted it to do, because i paid for it, and it should be illegal for you to tell me what i can and cannot do with it.

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

well that all depends
    is 1 >= 2?

• Nopstnz8
    Nopstnz8 Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Seriously. I got my IPT 2G last summer for free when I got my MacBook Pro for college, and now it's already outdated even in terms of software support. Now that's fucked up! WTF is Apple's excuse for why the IPT 2G can't run a basic print function? Even the first gen iPhone should be able to do this without a Jailbreak. Oh well that's what we have Jailbreaking for. Thank God! I'm really started to get sick of Apple's marking scheme although I've been, and still am pretty loyal to them for making great products. It just becomes to hard to keep up with the latest technology every year.

• dennis
    dennis Posts: 89
    via Wordpress

No surprise but still - how usable is this AirPrint if it only supports some selected new printers? Don't we have a server software available which can be running on another machine connected to whatever printer with its own drivers? I mean software which can accept print request over wlan and send it to any networked printer.

• moz
    moz Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

Personally I don't care... I have a Lexmark printer and the free Lexprint app that allows me to print stuff so I couldn't care less about Apple's scam. In the worst case scenario the Jailbreak community will fulfill (and more) where Apple has left out. Long life to Jailbreaking!

• Jong08
    Jong08 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Well let's accept the fast face generation of technology .....

• Eskimo
    Eskimo Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

cant get mad, this is typical apple, if you cant keep up with the modern devices, apple is not for you, they dont need to change because they obviously dont need to seeing how there sales are always up

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

hmm.. i don't know.
    perhaps the apple website may prove useful.
    short answer: yes, any networked 10.6.5 running mac or any pc will do
    what pisses me off is that airport extremes wont

• anonymous
    anonymous Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

Not surprised.. It's Apple. We all know them. If the device is more than 1-2 years old, it doesn't matter anymore. They should have a new slogan:
    Apple. Always wanting more money.

• anonymous
    anonymous Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

Yeah, exactly Brian! My thoughts exactly.

• AS
    AS Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

is there anything cydia can do i don care if its slow but i want it...