Apple Fights Back Against Attack Of iPhone Clones

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Fights Back Against Attack Of iPhone Clones

The success of the iPhone has spawned the rise of several clones especially in countries like China where owning an original Apple device can be pretty expensive. While most of these clones are simply cheap imitations, a recently launched knockoff comes with some level of ingenuity. This is the first...

Read the full story here

Comments

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

Does ANYONE care about this? lol

• JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress

Never. Clones will still be just as prevalent.

• ian
    ian Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

Haha... Attack of the clones.

• Zang
    Zang Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

Clone Wars, the fight begins on Tatooine.

• Shalashaska
    Shalashaska Posts: 55
    via Wordpress

whats interesting is the Android part... Google must be really trying to annoy apple with this ''clone'' dunning android OS...anyway..its like a cheap rolex...nice from far but far from nice... :P

• Faris
    Faris Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Does any one knows where can I buy this iPhone 4 clone, as I can't get the expensive iphone 4 .

• Dick
    Dick Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

who really does care.Come on its china?and us americans know the difference between a clone and the real thing!!!It might be a fun toy to play with,lol

• stranger
    stranger Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

Where can I buy a clone? :D

• yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress

There are clones of many phones in Thailand :). An iPhone 4 clone there is about $95USD

• DrunkMunki
    DrunkMunki Posts: 62
    via Wordpress
  • lukbak
    lukbak Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

don't forget, Iphones are assemble in China.

• MK
    MK Posts: 64
    via Wordpress
  • MaxH
    MaxH Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Lol, i see most comments are from overhyped apple-fanboys and/or egocentred USA citizen that think 'america' is the world. Not suprised.

I care.

About the article tho; as always, patents is standing in the way of innovation, the text above pretty much prooves it. Patents is a 'legal monopoly' which helps nobody except lawyers and the lucky patent holder to get richer (which very rarely equals the inbentor). I prefer spending money on a product, not funding a bunch of lawyers chasing innovative people making world go forward. Idea+idea= makes exponential growth of ideas.

This is nothing new from Apple tho, its quite expected, as any big USA based company.

(Btw, this comment field worked very bad on iphone... Had to re-paste on computer :( )

• Landwalkwer
    Landwalkwer Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I got to play around with one of these fake ass clones when I was in SE Asia. The girl Behind the counter was trying to explain to me how awesome the Chinese clone was and why I should get it since the real iPhone 4 was too expensive. Of course when she said that i pulled out my actual iPhone 4 and began comparing the two right there :). Needless to say, she muttered something quietly about me being a showoff and didn't say anything else :). She did have an annoyed look on her face though :).

Anyways after playing around with that cheap knock off, it's quite safe to say that I'm totally not impress with it whatsoever. There was a hard attempt to mimic this IOS with as much of the bells and whistles but just not quite there. It just felt sloppy altogether. Even the casing itself was cheaply made...although I doubt they have any of the same technical antenna death grip issues :)!!

• tonny
    tonny Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

yah i hope this fake phone gone from earth, i just pity with people who pay cash inexpensive and hope get iphone 4 because they country not release yet, they get deceived from irresponsible traders. i just thinking why you all clones make new phone with nice ability. maybe you will get buyer then u just make clones.

• Krtyv
    Krtyv Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Are you serious? What country would you say is the leader of the world? I have seen the copy-cat clones and they are not an iPhone

• MaxH
    MaxH Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

1: Yes
    2: Not USA at least, even if their citizen claim that title all the time. Most of the times by being morons, as you can see above. All those 'Who cares' is that ignorant behavior im talking about. Please realize that USA is just one small dot in America, which is a small dot in the world. USA is not the center of universe. We're in it together.
    3: Im not saying clones are iPhone, ive seen them myself. Re-read my comment.

• C. Alexander
    C. Alexander Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

What the hell did you just say...?

• C. Alexander
    C. Alexander Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

You know what I hate? I hate when individuals criticize Americans for posting their egocentric opinions on "American" websites. If a person feels as though the "who cares" comments are wrong, they should at least study English and spelling before they mock Americans on their own web board. I am American, and I couldn't care less about crappy knock-offs. If it was a story about knock-offs that were close to the original in look, feel, AND functionality, then I'd care. The garbage these Chinese companies put out is not worth my time...

• andrey
    andrey Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Anyways after playing around with that cheap knock off, it's quite safe to say that I'm totally not impress with it whatsoever. There was a hard attempt to mimic this IOS with as much of the bells and whistles but just not quite there. It just felt sloppy altogether.

iPhone dev team