Limera1n To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G And iOS 3.2.2 F

Comments

• careless
    careless Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

my wifi is on :( it says the same thing over 3G aswell......any other solutions?

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

No but support is coming says GeoHot specifically, do not believe any sites that say works on all iDevices because this is what was intended but didnt happen to work out right.

• Sgo
    Sgo Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

the same thing here. tryed a few times but same thing: no lime after jailbreak. iPhone 4

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

It works!!! Idk how some you manage to screw this up. Thanx GEO

• careless
    careless Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

nvm fixed :) just reinsalled cydia n it works now thanx tho :)

• Rocky
    Rocky Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

Re-download the limera1n again it should say beta 3 it fix the new bottom for 3Gs

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

i tried it once and now it is jailbroken and it works fine for me

• voytass
    voytass Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

3gs 4.1 - working for me.

• Love free rubber
    Love free rubber Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

it is so easy to use this hack,got it the 1st time
    thanks Steve job

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

No, you cant unlock as the baseband shipped with iOS 4.1 has not been unlocked. You should stay away if you want to unlock your iPhone 4.

• Anup
    Anup Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'm a real noob here, so please co-operate. I have purchased a iPhone 4 with Factory iOS 4.0.2 locked to AT&T. I need to unlock and jailbreak it. I would like to know, if I upgrade the iOS to 4.1, get it jailbroken with limera1n, would I be able to unlock it later. I am hearing that the baseband will be upgraded and I won't be able to unlock it, is that true? Thanks in advance guys

• giorgionnelo@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

can any one please tell me if i can still unlock my iphone 4 with greenpoison after installing this limera1n?? i was so happy that jailbreak was released i couldn't wait installing it and i didn't read the description. any way i have saved shsh files before installing. should i restore the phone? please let me know. thanks

• Anees
    Anees Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Worked fine for my IPad.

• juan
    juan Posts: 46
    via Wordpress

works like a charm on iphone 4 4.1 ...

• Goldbeard
    Goldbeard Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Done! It works on my ipad 3.2.2..hassle free..done within 5 min..enjoy jailbreaking

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

You can use limera1n with iOS 4.0.2 so don't upgrade to iOS 4.1 as the baseband bundled with iOS 4.1 cannot be unlocked currently.

• be9ine
    be9ine Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Worked like a charm! Thanks GEOHOT!

• be9ine
    be9ine Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

PS I have a 3gs with new boot rom. Aren't you supposed to backup something with cydia too?

• jan
    jan Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

I have the same problem with my iPhone 4, iOS 4.1, 02.10.04 - the lime logo does not show up at all - tried it in XP running on my mac via a VMWare Fusion, as well as on a XP running PC laptop. Strange thing is that the limera1n program does always show that the jb process went OK. Any suggestions?

• perfect
    perfect Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

worked a treat 1st time 3gs new bootrom, cydia installed fine and got all my repos back!

• perfect
    perfect Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i just used limerain and then installed cydia 3gs new bootrom and worked perfect

• asimo
    asimo Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

IT WORKS FOR ME PERFECT!!! THAAAAANX!!!!! im so so so sooo happy..

i have a 3GS old bootrom and 4.1FW and i dont need to unlock it.. so its perfect!!

• emimix
    emimix Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Works great with my iPhone 4 4.1, and iPhone 3GS 4.1 !!! you da man, Geohot

• Thunderbirdje
    Thunderbirdje Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Thank you so much!

I've just jailbreaked my iPod Touch 3G on iOS 4.0.2.

Is it safe to update my iOS to 4.1 now without losing the jailbreak???

Thank you!

• Deepu..!!
    Deepu..!! Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Jailbreaked my iphone4.
    Geohot ur legend ...
    I had jailbreaked my iPhone 4 with limera1n in first go itself .... !!
    After the phone restarted I could see limera1n icon in the iPhone but the icon is filled with White color all over. Opened the icon and could able to Install Cydia. Again after restarting the phone could able to see Cydia icon again filled with White color.

Restarted the phone once again and there u go. I got limera1n n Cydia icons working and wid actual icons :D

• somename
    somename Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Author, thanks for the article but it has a minor mistake. You're saying SHAtter will be preserved for 4.2, but it won't just be for that. It'll be held back until the 5th gen devices are released (iphone 5 etc.) since Limera1n will be able to jailbreak 4.2 and any subsequent firmwares just fine.

• Mat
    Mat Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

I can't add any packages... it always hangs on downloading packages...
    So I can't install any apps or games!
    I've tried several times to do JB and problem is still there...
    PLEASE HELP

• JD
    JD Posts: 82
    via Wordpress

I have one question: wasen't blackrain à bootrom jailbreak so why diden't they use that to jailbreak 3GS new bootrom on ios 4?

• Payne
    Payne Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

ok so guys I recently bought an Iphone 4g Factory unlocked 16gb, with the preinstalled iOS 4.0.2, i was waiting for Geohot to get this out and finally its here!

It worked perfectly, the phone is now iOS 4.1 i updated it through Itunes and then Made it rain. i will explain the steps that I did.

1. I read through the comments to see if there were any bugs, there were just a couple complaining about Cydia not being there, ill get to that in a while, so before you download and install it please read the comments and what systems this works on.

2. I backed up my phone through Itunes, and saved my SHSH, before i updated, then i updated the phone to 4.1 by clicking update on the Iphone main menu which was around 585MB, i downloaded it at the same time i downloaded LimeRa1n from this post, and kept it saved on my desktop.

3. After the Update the Iphone restarted, and was running on 4.1,(remember mine is factory unlocked) then i closed Itunes and opened LimeRa1n and clicked on make it rain. The Iphone was on the main menu at the time, after i clicked make it rain, it restarted by its self and I followed the instructions which is hold the power and home button, then just hold the home button and release the power button, it installed successfully, and i restarted my phone straight away.

4. After the restart I opened the LimeRa1n icon on my phone menu and it showed the Cydia program in it, i clicked on it and on the top right corner it wrote install, i clicked on install, and the phone did its business then after it installed it restarted the phone once more, after the restart Cydia got installed and my phone was finally jailbroken. If Cydia did not get installed try restarting again or installing again once more and then restarting. if once more that did not work, you might of one the LimeRa1n installation wrongly, so try doing that again, remove limeRa1n or just go back and restore your phone to your last backup.

and thats about it, if it works youve got it, and thanks a million Geohot, its nice to see people working hard on making all of this possible.

------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (Previously)

Iphone 4G 16gb(Factory unlocked)
    iOS: 4.0.2
    Computer: Windows 7 x32 bit
    Modern Firmware: 1.59.00
    Jailbroken: No

(Afer)

Iphone 4G 16gb(Factory unlocked)
    iOS: 4.1
    Computer: Windows 7 x32 bit
    Modern Firmware: 02.10.04
    Jailbroken: Yes by LimeRa1n.

• Ohkami
    Ohkami Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Does NOT work for me under this environment:
    - iPhone 4, unlocked, running 4.1
    - Win XP under Parallels VM on Macbook Pro OS 10.6
    - iPhone associated to Parallels VM

Program runs fine and ends saying that iPhone was successfully jailbroken but Lime never shows up on the iPhone's screen and no app to install Cydia shows up either, regardless of how many times I reboot the iPhone and run the program.