Did Apple Develop A 7-Inch iPad Alongside Current Model?

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDid Apple Develop A 7-Inch iPad Alongside Current Model?

Rumors about Apple working on a mini iPad are as old as the iPad itself. Just a week after the iPad launched in the US last April, folks at DigiTimes published a report claiming that work on a smaller variant of the iPad was underway and that this new device...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

Rather have the 9.7 but unfortunately cant afford the 500 bucks right now so if they came out with a 7' for half the price I would be all in

• Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress

I have a 9.7" and I love the size. That's one of the things I see as a compromise on the other models like the Galaxy Tab. If you only have 7" then it's less ideal for reading magazines and watching movies. But in case Apple does make a 7" iPad I just hope they will continue with the 9.7" as well. But hey, two different sizes, that would also be nice.

• Alessandro S
    Alessandro S Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I love the 9.7" screen of the current iPad. I do *really* love it.
    I am an university student, and I spend most of the week 200km far from my home. My iPad fits comfortably in my shoulder bag, so I keep it always with me, and it's not so small so it's hard to type or to read things on the screen (I keep a scan of all my notes, slides etc, and I really love the possibility of reading my home town's local newspaper also when am I there!)

• Mystery man
    Mystery man Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I'm another fan of the larger screens! Just imagine how fiddly it would becto type on a 7" screen? seems like a step backwards to me!

• Lorenzo
    Lorenzo Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I believe Apple has to close the gap soon and offer a 7''. Like they have a range for the iMacs and the MacBooks. A 7'' is perfect for the reading only focus, lighter, to hold with one hand and nevertheless see bright pictures and movies on a scale which makes is easier as on the iphone