PwnageTool To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone, iPod Touch And iOS 3.2.2 For iPad Coming Soon

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imagePwnageTool To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone, iPod Touch And iOS 3.2.2 For iPad Coming Soon

MuscleNerd of the iPhone Dev Team has published a video that shows an iPad being jailbroken using PwnageTool that makes use of Geohot’s USB exploit used in limera1n. PwnageTool is useful for users who want to jailbreak and also unlock their iPhone as it allows users to update their iPhone...

Read the full story here

Comments

• S2000
    S2000 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
  • Superfreak
    Superfreak Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

What happens to the poor shmucks who updated to iOS 4.1 already? Will there ever be an unlock for them in the near future?

• iUrAs
    iUrAs Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
  • Someone
    Someone Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

Cydia is so slow bring back Rock.

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress
  • Simon
    Simon Posts: 134
    via Wordpress

can anyone tell me how come my phone doesnt have the shsh on file after i update to 4.1 with greenpoision or blackr1n,thanks

• IPSEEKERED
    IPSEEKERED Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

MAN I REALLY HAVE TO GET RID OF MY IPHONE .. ANY HOPE FOR BASEBAND 15.14.02.....

• gio
    gio Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

Can't wait for sundayyyyyy. Thank youuuu

• dee
    dee Posts: 56
    via Wordpress

good thing i stayed on 4.0.2 with my iphone 4 thats jailbroken and unlocked already using ultrasnow!! so ill just patiently wait for the pwnage tool that will allow me to upgrade while preserving my baseband.

• lvidal
    lvidal Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

What the hell is happening with the 3G?
    will PwnageTool support it?
    why others doesn't support it?

• Lavender
    Lavender Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

What? Never?! How come?

• Lavender
    via Wordpress

...mokay - now waiting for Sn0wbreeze! It's a pity, limera1n had a pretty logo =)

• joe blo
    joe blo Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

If you've backed up your shsh blobs using tiny umbrella and you have an iphone 4 you don't need to wait for pwnage tool. You can upgrade to 4.1 and umbrella will kick you out of recovery mode leaving your baseband intact. I'm an AT&T customer so it doesn't matter to me, but I want to have the ability to unlock if I ever decide to sell the phone. In any event, if you are jailbreaking your phone you should always have your shsh blobs backed up.

• Izzeh
    Izzeh Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

So first apple screws the 3G owners over, and now the hackers. Is everyone trying to force us to upgrade?
    Apparently there won't be a way to unlock 5.14 baseband until 4.2 goes public....

• dee
    dee Posts: 56
    via Wordpress

that is true but apple stop signing 4.0.2 a while back.i was trying to save my shsh blobs last night and i get a message sayin it was too late nothing can be done.so i stayed on 4.0.2-so ill wait.

• Because unlike you, the dev team works really hard to bring us jailbreaks and unlocks. It takes a good couple months of hacking and trial and error to find the exploits they need in order for said unlocks. Picture it like this, they are trying to find a hole about .001mm in diameter in concrete wall about 3 acres. Pretty hard to do.

• Because unlike you, the dev team works really hard to bring us jailbreaks and unlocks. It takes a good couple months of hacking and trial and error to find the exploits they need in order for said unlocks. Picture it like this, they are trying to find a hole about .001mm in diameter in concrete wall about 3 acres. Pretty hard to do.

• Waiting
    Waiting Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

so ill be able to unlock on 5.14.02 (iphone 3g)????

• yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress

Depends on what device you own (and I'm not privy to which one(s)) but there is already an unlock for the baseband in 4.1/4.2 for some devices, but it will only be released after iOS 4.2 goes live.

• yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress

umm... 3g has always been supported by pwnage tool, and it always will.

unless you're talking about a 3gs and really don't understand what the heck you're talking about...

• MIKO
    MIKO Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Does this work for iphone 3G?

• HI5
    HI5 Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

I HAVE IPHONE 3GS ON 4.0.1 JAILBROKEN AND UNLOCKED I HAVE TAKEN MY SHSH BACKUP WITH TINY UMBRELA SO IF I UPGARGE 4.1 WITH ITUNES WILL IT BE JAILBREAKEBLE AND UNLOCEABLE PLESE LET ME KNOW

• me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress

Jailbreakable not unlockable.

• OMG
    OMG Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Why does it take the Dev Team so long to actually release something when 1 person working alone can do it faster. Go G.

• Mailmom105
    Mailmom105 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Okay Guys. I am not tech-savy, but am interested in jailbreaking my 3GS, firmware 4.1. I'm trying to follow but am getting lost in the shsh blob stuff, tiny umbrella, etc. Sorry :). What i want to know is: am I able to jailbreak my phone now? I just want to be able to use the internet on my laptop, via my iPhone. Thanks for any help!

• Lavender
    via Wordpress

So why *never* then? The question was "will there *ever* be an unlock" for the iphone 4.1 baseband ... I'm not even asking if anyone's working on it - I'm just trying to work out if folks are saying that they've found it to be confirmed technically impossible. i.e. "neverever".

I don't need you to like me, I have enough people for that.

• iUrAs
    iUrAs Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Do not upgrade. Wait for Pwnage Tools 4.1 it will leave your baseband untouched and u still can use ultrasn0w.

• Lavender
    via Wordpress

You will have to read through several pages on this and linked sites if you want to be comfortable with what you're doing, but I was in a similar situation, so here are some pointers to go research:

* FIRST - get Tiny Umbrella. Run the program and connect your iphone, get it to save your SHSH blobs for iOS 4.1 and if possible iOS 4.0.1 and 4.0 as well - no room to explain here, but these are like passcodes specific to your phone which allow you to restore those versions of iOS to your phone from backups (normally Apple forces you to stay up to date or upgrade but not to go back)

* SECOND - you *can* jailbreak your phone with iOS 4.1 BUT you won't be able to *unlock* your phone (i.e. it will stay locked to the phone company it has been locked to already) - this may be something the hackers can solve later, but it seems it may be impossible.

In order to jailbreak, you can use limera1n, pwnagetool (for mac), greenpoison, sn0wbreeze (coming soon)...

- wait a minute: pwnagetool or sn0wbreeze might be able to preserve the part of your phone that relates to network locking - i.e. prevent that part of the phone (the "baseband") from being upgraded, so that you can use older tools (ultrasn0w) to unlock it. But you're already at iOS 4.1 ... so I'm not sure what happens there.

You can't get by without doing your own research, otherwise you could stuff up your phone without knowing what you're doing, but hopefully I've given you some pointers into what to research - there's great info on this site.

• Mailmom105
    Mailmom105 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Thanks to Lavender. I have done a bit of reading on it, but when I think I've got it down, something else confuses me! Limera1n is what I was looking at using. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

• Rocky
    Rocky Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

if my ipod touch 2g already on ios 4.1 can i use this to jailbreak? thanks