Google And TweetDeck Respond to Steve Jobs' Anti-Android Tirade

Whizkid
Whizkid Posts: 135
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGoogle And TweetDeck Respond to Steve Jobs' Anti-Android Tirade

Soon after Steve Jobs' tirade against Google, Android and other Tablets, its time for the people who were targeted, to get back at Apple. At yesterday's conference call announcing Apple's Q4 financial results, Steve Jobs made a surprise appearance and was highly vocal against Apple's competitors. He took on RIM...

Read the full story here

Comments

• so sad
    so sad Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Dev team sucks!!

What happened to Sunday Funday??

• Bullfrog
    Bullfrog Posts: 44
    via Wordpress

You're an idiot. What would you have them do? Get it right or release it too early and F up your phone.

• T
    T Posts: 71
    via Wordpress

Well there goes Steve's argument right out the window. He could have at least got the name of the app right in the first place. And from what I have heard the released Android version is being ported to the iPhone. Unfortunately Androd is fragmented but Im sure it will become more organized as manufactures learn to have uniform hardware for low to higher end phones. Hopefully this will happen soon.

• I'M F'ed
    via Wordpress

jobs needs to stfu. i love apple, but jobs is a douche for even trying to attack android/google. I love my iPhone4, but in time Android will far surpass any iPhone in their capabilities if they already haven't. i would honestly take a nexus one over the iphone4 just because i feel like i can do so much more. And the new tablets in the market make a ipad seem like old technology. So many more features on the android tablets. Apple cant keep up anymore with the way they work. They're going to have to change up their business plan soon.

• I'M F'ed
    via Wordpress

jobs needs to stfu. i love apple, but jobs is a douche for even trying to attack android/google. I love my iPhone4, but in time Android will far surpass any iPhone in their capabilities if they already haven't. i would honestly take a nexus one over the iphone4 just because i feel like i can do so much more. And the new tablets in the market make a ipad seem like old technology. So many more features on the android tablets. Apple cant keep up anymore with the way they work. They're going to have to change up their business plan soon.

• In time
    In time Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I don't think they are missing the point. They are just replying to Steve's claims that it's not a "nightmare" to develop for Android. If being fragmented is a disadvantage then in three years it will become more uniform. By then all of the manufactures who can't offer an experience like the Android leaders will be out of the competition. What will sell is the phones with the most compatible apps and manufactures will recognize this. All these manufactures and carriers will learn what customers want and thus they will provide it. Android's surge is just developing and in time they will get a hold on things. Steve is right to be worried and that is why he went on a rant attacking Google.

• TimW®
    TimW® Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The Fragmentation refers to what handset manufacturers 'bolt on' to the stock os.
    The basics are just that, a block DESIGNED to be built upon.
    Apples 'block' has a security guard at the entrance, measuring you up against a pre-defined can or can't list
    Google just has a 'Welcome, Enjoy your vist' banner

iOS is just a software version of a racist, you don't fit in, there's the door

• FredMC
    FredMC Posts: 73
    via Wordpress

I don't drink the Apple kool-aid, but I have to agree with the point that Jobs is making; all these carriers and manufacturers have made so many tweaks and customizations to Android that developers have a much much more difficult time than it needs to be.

I like the iPhone because out of the box it is essentially an iTunes phone with internet access. I can add apps as I want even without jailbreaking. The Android phones seem to have a lot of bloatware and carrier-specifc crApps that you can't seem to effectively remove, and they suck.

• In time
    In time Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Just root your phone and you can remove all that inlcuding the OEMs custom interface.

• mars
    mars Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

Pass up a JB Iphone 4???? I don't think so. Iphone 4 out of the box......yes.

• Buck Rogers
    Buck Rogers Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Exactly, Oems cannot "Bolt" their version of a "desktop" to the android. No matter what phone it is, if it's running android you can always go back to the default android user interface. If your home screen is giving problems? you can replace it with another.

e.g Motorola has Motoblur, Htc has Sense, and Samsung has Touch Wiz. Those are the most popular Add-ons to the Android System. Remove all those add-ons and you basically have a G-1/Samsung Momemt with no custom User Interface but the default that google made.

I'm sorry but out of the box i cannot tell the difference between the first generation Iphone and the iphone 4, Still the same crappy IOS.

• howareyoiumyboy
    howareyoiumyboy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

you idiot all devices jailbreak is out now to download go to www.greenpois0n.com

• Monkeywrench
    Monkeywrench Posts: 59
    via Wordpress
  • Monkeywrench
    Monkeywrench Posts: 59
    via Wordpress

id does seam a bit non innovative. just different buttons for everything. ok thats simple....4 years later, same thing. you would think they would have more time to work on hardware then. oh thats a no, antenna problems and oh whats that no plans on adapting lte when at&t does. hm disappointed.

• Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    I think windows is good example of how bullshit Jobs' claim is. There are far more PC combinations avalible than there are Android phones. Yet developers manage just fine.