Updated: Seven iPhone Hacks/Applications to add Custom Ringtones to your iPhone (firmware 1.1.1)

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageUpdated: Seven iPhone Hacks/Applications to add Custom Ringtones to your iPhone (firmware 1.1.1)

The cat and mouse game between the iPhone hackers and Apple continues. The iPhone hacking community keep coming out with new ways or hacks to help iPhone owners add custom ringtones to their ringtone in most cases for free rather then using the expensive option of paying Apple additional 99c...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Byron Todd
    Byron Todd Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

There is also iRingtoner - found at http://modmyiphone.com which does not require a hacked iPhone. It works with iTunes 7.4.2 as well.

• Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

can u help me how to put apps. on my iphone

• Kiran
    Kiran Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Hey hi! I tried splitting the mp3s using Fission s/w (mac) and after I created the ringtones, they no longer play after I trnafer them to my iPhone? Do you know why custom ringtones (those which are cut) won't play (not even in the preview) ? Is it the 30 second limit or is it format problems??

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Kiran, in case you missed it in the post above, if you have updated your iPhone's firmware to 1.1.1 which was released last week then the ringtones copied over using MakeiPhoneRingtone will not work as Apple seems to have fixed the hole which was allowing this so even though the ringtones get copied it won't get played as you have reported. Other iPhone users are also observing this behavior.

• Alan
    Alan Posts: 46
    via Wordpress

I have found a way to get custom ringtones on a iphone with firmware 1.1.1.
    you will need these programs: itunes 7.4 (you can download it here http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iTunes7/Mac/061-3602.20070905.mUy57/iTunes7.4.dmg.),
    MakeiPhoneRingtone (download here http://tinyurl.com/22l29a)
    audacity (download here http://audacity.sourceforge.net/).

first you need to downgrade itunes if you are using a version higher than 7.4.0 (To downgrade drag the itunes app to your trash) then install 7.4.0

second you need to edit your song down to a 30 second clip and save it as a MPEG 4 (I found the Audacity program to work the best.)

third you need to add the clip to itunes and convert it to ACC.
    then move file to your desktop.

now you are ready to add the ringtone.
    you must follow these 6 steps:

1. Change the AAC encoded ringtone extension to .m4r
    2. Double click it to add it to iTunes
    3. Sync your iPhone
    4. Change the original ringtone extension back to .m4a
    5. Drag it into MakeiPhoneRingtone to add it to iTunes a second time
    6. Sync your iPhone again

under the itunes ringtone section you will the song listed twice that is fine just sync all of them

I have tried it and now have a crazy frog song as my ringtone.

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

How do u put aim on the iPhone, contact me at navman55@optonline.net

• lost and Lonley
    lost and Lonley Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Does any body have tips on how to manage files or install games on Iphone with a windows pc or no pc over the wifi install?????? PLEASE HELP!

• Up and Running
    Up and Running Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

My firmware is 1.0.2. My iTunes is ver 7.4.0. I am trying to add ringtones via iTunes. I tried the method listed above by iPhoneHacks.com Admin. Everything works, except the ring tone do not show on the phone when I try to add them to contact. iTunes goes thru the sync process with no errors. I also have MakeiPhoneRingtone working great. Is their a way to add ringtones via itunes with 1.0.2?

• T
    T Posts: 71
    via Wordpress

a if anyone know how to add custom ringtones to the iphone with 1.1.4 let me know ....teron_bass@yahoo.com

• Rohit
    Rohit Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

can someone tell me how to add custom ringtones to iphone with 2.2.1 and how cn i increase my ringer volume