CDMA iPhone Hits Final Field Testing Stage, iPhone 5 Hits 'Engineering Verification Test' Stage?

Whizkid
Whizkid Posts: 135
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageCDMA iPhone Hits Final Field Testing Stage, iPhone 5 Hits 'Engineering Verification Test' Stage?

We have some new and exciting information regarding two things that we have been hearing about for the past few weeks. First, it's the CDMA iPhone that is touted to arrive on Verizon's network in the near future. The other is about the next generation iPhone. Boy Genius Report claims...

Read the full story here

Comments

• slyc3r
    slyc3r Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

First!

I would like to get a phone similar to the iPhone 4 but more durable... i hear the iphone 4s break constantly... other than that... BIYAH!

• cy
    cy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Is that not the same iPhone we have here in Canada on the Bell Mobility and Telus networks?
    Mine is on Bell CDMA/HSPA with a SIM card.

• slyc3r
    slyc3r Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

i don't know... i mean i have att, but i might switch to verizon if they come out with the CDMA iphone 4.

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

Maybe redesigning the whole Apple USB connector and go with a micro magnetic cable. It get pricey having to replace these cables that don't last. Plus, I think it would save the new iPhone some more space.

• SkrOs
    SkrOs Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

faster than the iphone 4. a better front camera and with a bigger screen

• Loppylugs
    Loppylugs Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

The iPhone is the best phone on the market but jobs's obsession of trying to control everything you do is really pissing me off more file format support proper implementation of bluetooth the simple act of receiving a file of someone via bluetooth or "god forbid" sending someone one would be nice there is so much right with iPhone but so much wrong thank god for jailbreak

• Loppylugs
    Loppylugs Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

for best read interface

• Asdf
    Asdf Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

bigger screen would be a disaster... that would mean everyone would have to completely redo their apps to fit that screen for mabe even 12 cm"??? and the phone would be bigger?

• moe
    moe Posts: 158
    via Wordpress

iphone 5 !! no way, this is getting too much , they just released iphone 4, they canot come up with a new model right away they didnot even release the white one yet to make a new one, apple all it care about is money money money, and iphone 4 is only popular because of us falling for anything new apple does, but apple need to do something for us too

1. better battery at least work for 13 hours a day without ch raging it all the time

2. Blue tooth, it will not kill if i can send a file every single phone does is except iphone

3.radio, most cellphone has radio something old that needed in the iphone

4.video call over 3g , in more euro and middle east they have video call over 3g and it been there for over 4 years now

5. and most IMPORTANT THING IS having ur phone sim free
    this is the WROST THING IF YOU TRAVEL AND CANOT USE UR IPHONE, IF U BOUGHT UR IPHONE U HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO WHATEVER U WANTED TO DO WITH IT

apple need to give us what we wanted, we not asking for too much just stuff that already other phones have !!

• Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress

am with you on that

• Dante
    Dante Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Actually it's not, Bell and Telus created/borrowed special GSM/HPSA/HSPA+ networks to support the iphone despite being CDMA carriers.

The difference is that CDMA is built into the handset while GSM/HSPA is used with a SIM card.

• Anz
    Anz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Any thing apple gets to the market is the best product .. I jus believe in apple to get the best product ... Any modification will obviously be the challenge .. Gooooo apple !!
    P.S: Steve don't disappoint me ..

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

Wishlist???
    1. free turn by turn directions
    2. Wifi Hotspot
    3. Better notification system (like lockinfo, I hate those popups!!!)
    4. Custom sms/email/etc. tones
    5. Better ipod controls in the task switcher (the top part.. not sliding left)
    6. wifi/BT/Etc. toggls in the task switcher screen
    7. Ability to use as a USB drive

• yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress

If you are using a sim card, you are NOT on a CDMA network.

• yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress

ability to use as a USB drive? Why don't you support this site and actually click on a couple of links? There is already software for that.

• Dustin
    Dustin Posts: 116
    via Wordpress

and why would you do that? do you suffer from poor coverage with ATT? Im sure you have your reasons, but ill list my reasons why im gonna stick with ATT. CDMA uses more battery vs GSM, i value every percent of battery i can muster. Bandwidth, ATT trumps Verizon hands down, 120 Kbps vs 380 Kbps, and ATT hasnt updated to HSDPA+ 7.2 yet (soon though, or so ive been told my ATT technicians) you cant currently surf and talk at the same time, so if im talking, no Safari, and doesnt most every other APP (besides games and some utilities) depend on internet to function? Im just not willing to trade better coverage (although i dont have any problems, im currently an hour away from shore off the coast of Louisiana working on an oil rig and i still have 3G with 2.5Mbps top speeds, Verizon SUCKS out here.) I suppose it all depends on where you live, and ATT is getting better day by day. I will admit that good competition helps keep prices fair and makes them try to be the top, but i still feel that if Verizon would have been hit like ATT did when the iphone came out, their infrastructure would have crashed as well. IMO ATT is still tops.

• Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

PRICEY WTF WHEN THE CABLE BREAKS YOU JUST GET ONE OF EBAY FOR $1

• Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress

I'm with you on the free turn by turn directions, that would be sweet.

• brahimcha
    brahimcha Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

You guys all want software changes. So just wait for iOS 5 and do not buy the new iPhone. A new iphone = something new in the hardware.
    And people angry because there is an iphone 5 is already in engineering phase.... Every year around june, there is a new phone, and just ONE phone. You think it's too much ???? ( how many android models do you have every year ? with better specs each time ? )
    I agree that hardware changes like a faster CPU that would support 720p mkv files and a better front camera would be great.
    If they add face recognition to unlock the iphone that would be great, no ?
    And of course some revolutionary battery or why not a fuel cell would be welcome