FaceTime Works On iPod Touch 4G In The Middle East

Whizkid
Whizkid Posts: 135
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageFaceTime Works On iPod Touch 4G In The Middle East

As you might be already aware, FaceTime is disabled on iPhone 4's sold officially in countries like UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. However, folks over at iRamadah are reporting that FaceTime works fine on the new iPod Touch 4G in the Middle East. While it was earlier speculated that Apple...

Read the full story here

Comments

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

Don't most religions or laws in the middle east forbid women to hide their face? I dont see the point of FaceTime over there.

• KiNgPiN
    KiNgPiN Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Dude, do u read your words before posting? That has to be the most illiterate post I've read in my life, do u get all your facts from the "inquirer"? Lol

• Geni
    Geni Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

well , i dont know why people think that if facetime is not displayed on the ad of iphone 4 then it is disabled!

i have tried facetime with many people who got thier iphone 4 in the UAE , the facetime works just fine like it would work in NA without no restrections! its only Saudia arabia iam guesssing where facetime might be blocked.

• kha
    kha Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

There is a much easier explanation for this. Since there is no Apple Store in these countries, the venders either import the ipods from another country directly or the vemders are authorized Apple resellers. Both of which mean that the devices are stock devices that are available in any other countries. Therefore the only other way for blocking any service from Apple's side is through the settings, which czn be easily bypassed.

As for the ISPs, if the facetime addresses are unique to facetime services, then the ISPs might ban these and effectively disable facetime in the future. Who knows?

In other words, there isnt much of a conspiracy here other than what the obvious is.

• Rehan
    Rehan Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

it is as simple as this "APPLE IS DUMB"
    If you buy an iPhone unofficially in Middle east, then you can have facetime,
    If you buy officially then you will not have facetime.. WOW
    APPLE just blocked that application on specific Models which are officially selling in Middleeast i.e. MC605AE
    Face time is not blocked by service provider in i.e. Saudi but it is Apply the dumb who blocked it...

• Whizkid
    Whizkid Posts: 135
    via Wordpress

Sorry, the comment has been removed as it is in an unrelated post.

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

Maybe you need to learn to read because I was asking a question, not making a statement. I could really careless about the subject.

• yehia
    yehia Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

it works fine with iphone sold in egypt and i guess it will work in all the MENA region soon

• magicjack
    magicjack Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Magic Jack

You know I always cringe at the thought of damaging my iPhone, at least for the first few weeks then it just becomes another thing I carry araound. Although the new iPhone 4 hasne worn off quite yet. I still love it just as much as my Magic Jack
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    try to be original and most importantly get your fact right before publishing this. Facetime is NOT installed on i-pod 4G devices in the UAE therefore cannot be accessed via the settings.. !It does not exist on the device period!Now a useful article which would bring your website thousands of hits would be to publish how to get facetime on the ipod 4G. Maybe we need to format the device and then it will appear.. there is a way to do this but how?
  • Karan
    Karan Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
  • You know I always cringe at the thought of damaging my iPhone, at least for the first
  • davenci lee
    davenci lee Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    HTC Sensation: 2590 SRBundle OfferHTC Desire HD + HTC Wildfire + Car Charger: 2699 SRSamsung Galaxy S II i9100: 2890 SRHTC Wildfire S: 1190 SRApple iPhone 4 (Includes FaceTime Video chatting)16GB: 2800 SR32GB: 3200 SRApple iPad216GB: 3290 SR32GB: 3690 SR64GB: 4190 SRApple iPad316GB: 3700 SR32GB: 4200 SR64GB: 4500 SR