iPhone Tips & Tricks: Kill the GSM Buzz, Prevent iPhone Deaths, Check for Dead Pixels and more

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Tips & Tricks: Kill the GSM Buzz, Prevent iPhone Deaths, Check for Dead Pixels and more

Here are some useful tips that I have hand picked from 25 iPhone Power Tips published by MacLife. If you want to know what to do if the iPhone slider is stuck or how to avoid damaging your iPhone or find out if your iPhone is suffering from dead pixels...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Russell Wishtart
    Russell Wishtart Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Another way to fix the buzz when using an iPhone with a casette adaptor is to put the iPhone in a magnetically shielded bag. I use the bag that you get with an EZPass tag transponder. They give you the bag so that you can disable the EZpass if you ever want to pay a toll with cash. As long as the top edge of the iPhone is not covered by the tag, cell phone reception is not effected, but the GSM buzz is eliminated. Since the bag is semi-translucent, you can still see the screen when someone calls you.

• reviewer
    reviewer Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

The buzz on the mobile of Windows is all subject of opera and their last version. However there is still another option without counting that the Internet Explorer and the opera, it is Minimo. The minis Mozilla people of Thats and return like his/her brother only smaller. It always embarasse why they did not call this Firefox for the mobile of Windows, however which is basically what is Minimo.
    I had had some questions of installing Minimo about my iphone but after a cold restart (removing the battery) which it reloaded and was correctly configured. Many Web pages smaller were not simply made but easier to also read, which is included/understood because you can make a Web page right as his/her cousin of PC but if you cannot read the type it is useless. Returned seems to be prompt and painless although just as Firefox you must wait a little during launching but it is a small price to pay to have a navigator usable on my iphone
    my website:
    (http://www.linereview.com

• Erik
    Erik Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

Like many readers, I've been trying to eliminate GSM buzz over my cassette adapter in my car. I finally found a method that eliminates ~98% of the buzz.

I am using a standard Belkin cassette adapter and was angry to find out that NO ONE makes a shielded cassette adapter. So I tried the "Tin foil" method... which didn't work. I went as far as wrapping my ENTIRE cord in tin foil and using black electrical tape (so it didn't look ridiculous)...

I finally bought 2 in-line filters from Radio Shack for $10. I put one right next to the phone and one right next to the tape deck. (I don't know if both are needed, but I was VERY sick of the buzz so I over did it.

Now I have a cable that is wrapped in tin foil and black electrical tape and has two in-line filters. The only time I hear buzz is when getting a call... and even that is very minimal. When I use the internet I get NO buzz... even with the phone right next to the cassette player.

• Apple Slut
    Apple Slut Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Or you can use a Red Bull can to block the interference when the iPhone is on the dock, like this: http://www.tuaw.com/2008/06/26/use-a-red-bull-can-as-a-radio-interference-shield/

• iPhone Fan
    iPhone Fan Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Try this to remove the noise ...

www.quickbridgesolutions.com

it worked for me.

• B
    B Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

This one is invisible on your phone and does the job.

http://tinyurl.com/stopthebuzznow