AT&T Getting Ready For The Loss Of iPhone Exclusivity?

Whizkid
Whizkid Posts: 135
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T Getting Ready For The Loss Of iPhone Exclusivity?

With the CDMA iPhone 4 widely speculated to arrive on Verizon's network sometime early next year, AT&T seems to be prepping itself up for the loss of its iPhone exclusivity. According to Bloomberg, AT&T is concentrating on a lot of new handsets of late as a part of this strategy....

Read the full story here

Comments

• jeet
    jeet Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

hopefully att still would carry iphone after verzion gets their iphone. iphone need to be on sim card!

• Vince
    Vince Posts: 31
    via Wordpress

I laugh with excitement waiting for the day that att is not the only one with iPhone. They have taken advantage of it long enough. One big issue I do see though apple will keep fighting the unlock so people will not be able to change off of att without buying a brand new phone.

• Dustin
    Dustin Posts: 116
    via Wordpress

I honestly cannot wait unil verizon gets the iPhone. Apple should have done this ALONG time ago. Signing an exclusivity contract was dumb of apple. Oh and I'm looking forward to some of these people getting off the network and letting verizon share some of the burden. Hope they are ready for it. I hope that as soon as everyone desires to jump ship AT&T releases their 7.2 hsdpa+ 3G that will definitly put verizons weak CDMA 3G to shame.

• Goose
    Goose Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Attention all AT&T iPhone users (READ THIS):

I have had my iPhone since the 3G came out (2008) and recently upgraded to an 8gb 3GS in August. I just came back from the AT&T store to see how much an iPhone 4 would be, they originally told me $599 since I recently upgraded. I asked them when my next available upgrade would be. To my shock they said that I qualified for a "promotional" upgrade so an iPhone 4 would be $399!!!! The lady behind the counter was speechless and so was I. Now is the time to get an iPhone 4 if you are a 3GS user. I don't know if this is just for OG users or for all but I am interested in finding out if this happened to anyone else.

• yomamasbf
    yomamasbf Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

verizon iphone = no multitasking... meaning no surfing the web while on a call or send a txt msg while on a call...

• Crazy Asylum
    Crazy Asylum Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

they signed the exclusive contract with att because no other wireless company would take the risk with apple. if i remember correctly verizon was one of the first wireless carrier to deny apple. so it was their own damn fault that att got the exclusive.

• Zang
    Zang Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

Sending a text whilst on a call? Stupid people... Surfing for information I could understand... or writing notes etc...

But texting whilst chatting? Do people ACTUALLY do something like this?

• City23
    City23 Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

Why would you want to search the web while talking. I don't know any one who does that, so cut that multitasking out. The only thing I do would look for a contact or notes while I'm on the phone. It's true, AT&T was abused and put what ever service charge they want. I hope Verizon lowers there plan rate just to see if AT&T will lower their monthly charge too.

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

There are many reasons to surf the web and talk on the phone at the same time. Here's just one example. Your on the phone with a friend that wants to meet somewhere for dinner. So, you, being the iPhone user, opens up Urbanspoon to search for a restaurant. You can share all of the reviews, etc, with your friend to determine what the best place would be.

Or, you're on the phone talking to friend1 and you want to see what friend2 is doing. Well, you launch SMS, send friend2 a message while you're still talking on the phone to friend1. In a minute or two, you'll get your text back from friend2 and you'll be able to get all of your plans finalized.

If you don't use it, don't knock it. Just because you can't multitask, doesn't mean other people are stupid, Zang.

• Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress

Unless Apple announces the iphone 4 for the verizon. Nothing is true and I don't believe that they will come out for Verizon. As said, Apple must announce it inorder to believe it. Right now it is just speculation.

Even if the att loses iphone exclusive. They will still sell the iphone for AT&T, Apple will make next generation for the iphone for AT&T. Just because they are going to lose exclusively doesn't mean that they will stop selling the iphones.

Just like any other smartphones, i.e Samsung. You see that on almost all carrier but different design and models. I'm sure this will be the same for the iphone.

• iPhone user
    iPhone user Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

If Verizon offers the unlimited data plan, AT&T will get zero new iphone activations. Many people I know who wanted the iPhone got Verizon Android phones with unlimited data instead.

• bible camp
    bible camp Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

i do it all the time. I'll be on the phone with my wife and she is lost and im not home so i pull up google maps to help her out.... or i have a client that is asking me a question and i need to go online to look it up while in the field.

• bible camp
    via Wordpress

Reuters is reporting that Verizon will begin moving into tiered data with a $15/150 MB per month promotion being offered that will last through at least the end of December. Verizon isn’t the first company to introduce such data packages, with AT&T offering a similar tiered structure. However, AT&T’s plans allocate 200 MB per month for the same price as Verizon’s and also offer an exponential increase to 2 GB for only $10 more.

I hope people leave att... less people will help my service run better.

• bible camp
    via Wordpress

you've never talked to a friend and need to send a text message to someone while still on the phone with first person? I do that all the time.

• kenny
    kenny Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

has any one ever tryed to send a text message and talk on the phone with verizon. I do it all the time. can't be on the web and the phone at the same time with verizon but you can text and talk at the same time easy.