iPhone AutoSync: Helps keep your iPhone up to date with your latest Addresses, Appointments and Book

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone AutoSync: Helps keep your iPhone up to date with your latest Addresses, Appointments and Bookmarks

Are you tired of having to constantly sync your iPhone to ensure that you have the latest address, calendar and bookmark changes that you have made on your computer? Then Stand Alone Inc has released an application called iPhone AutoSync to solve this problem for you to ensure that your...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Joseph
    Joseph Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

How the hell do you remove it. It keep s asking me to register. I can;t even turn it off!!

• pho
    pho Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Here's a free way of keeping Entourage auto sync'd with iPhone. I use Entourage (because I have to) and an Intel Mac running 10.4 OS X.

This simple shell script, will check Entourage every 30 minutes for updates and tell iTunes to sync if there are any appointment changes. You also have to have Entourage syncing with iCal for this to work - but you know that already right?

#!/bin/bash

DOSYNC=`osascript -e 'tell application "Microsoft Entourage" to get the count of (every event whose modification date > ((current date) - 30 * minutes))'`

if [ $DOSYNC -gt 0 ] ; then
    osascript -e 'tell application "iTunes" to update'
    fi

Save this file to your home directory as iphonesync.sh (or whatever)

do a chmod 755 iphonesync.sh

then set up a crontab to run this script every 30 minutes. add this to your crontab file:

30 * * * * /Users/pho/iphonesync.sh

And that's it! Free auto sync for the iPhone!