Dev Team To Release Ultrasn0w To Unlock iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G After iOS 4.2 Is Released

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDev Team To Release Ultrasn0w To Unlock iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G After iOS 4.2 Is Released

There is finally some good news for iPhone users who want to unlock their iPhone. MuscleNerd of the iPhone Dev Team has tweeted that they will be releasing Ultrasn0w for iOS 4.2, one or two days after it is released. However, the software unlocking solution will be only available for...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress

hahah i'm first. 1 3gs black , 1 3gs white and 1 iphone 4 for waiting...

• Dempa
    Dempa Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

Anyone knowing the date of the actual iOS 4.2 release? I really "need" it for a chance to keep order on the iPad.

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress

ios 4.2 will have baseband 03.10.01
    omg cant unlock if u update...

• iPhone
    iPhone Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

i need help
    i upgraded my iphone to 4.1 accidently and i can't unlock it to work with my sim card carrier!
    what am i supposed to do

• HELP
    HELP Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

U can Not do anything about it , you have to wait till they come
    Up with an unlock for baseband 5.14.2...

• Ash
    Ash Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

OMG THE WAIT IS OVER, ive been checkin iphone hacks for the past month because i upgraded and lost my unlock and finally THE NEWS HAS COME AN UNLOCK IS SOON TO BE AVAILABLE :D

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

Musclenerd.. answer to my prayers. Thank You, Gracias, Xiexie, Obrigadue, Dankenshien!!!

• LION
    LION Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

SO THE IPHONE 4 USERS STILL HAVE TO WAIT TO UNLOCK THEIR PHONES AND FOR HOW LONG??????????

• fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress

My question exactly! How long do i have to wait, waiting for ultrasnow, my phone is jail broken..

• Boss
    Boss Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

I have unlocked iphone 4 with 4.0.1 and using with T mobile..still, dont know how to get APN settings to have internet. Again I am asking iphonehacks to hlp..may b any reader...thanks in advance.

There can be more people waiting like me

• Boss
    via Wordpress

I could not set APN settings, because I dont see Cellular Data Networking option

• Stistud2k7
    Stistud2k7 Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Go to cydia and add this repo.

http://cydia.pushfix.info

Install the carrier reset fix.

After it installs, take out sim card and put it back in.

You should see APN settings right away.

Try a reboot if needed, but you should get the apn settings this way.

• Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress

I don't know why people are always posting that they've lost their unlock or jailbreak. I wonder if its because they're careless or daydreaming clicking on whatever icon pops up when connected to itunes or they just don't know any better. Anyone who knows anything jailbreaking, and/or unlocking their iphone lives by 2 rules. You should commit this to memory

Rule number 1: Never ever update your phone until the proper jailbreaking, unlocking tools are released.
    Rule number 2: See rule number 1.

• Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress

Here's a thought, what if someone could make a program to block the carrier update, or firmware update check popups that appear every time you connect to itunes. I'm sure that would cut down on accidental upgrades and updates. Already got a name for it, Itunes pop up blocker, how original. lol It would be in the best interest of jailbroken app developers, because you can't buy their apps if you no longer jailbroken. And who wants to see all that cash go back to Jobs anyway. I'm sure he has more than enough. I much rather give it to some struggling developer than see Jobs get a percentage. Just my 2 cents.

• mydan99
    mydan99 Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

That rule number 2 is the most important rule to any iPhone user who jailbreaks... Lmao...

• Ordinary_guyz
    Ordinary_guyz Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Well that's a pretty good news.. So for those of u who are already on 4.1, u better saved yr shsh before it's too late or u guys will become like a cry baby nagging for jailbreak or unlock again.

I'm pretty sure our genius developer will figure out a way to unlock the 02.10.04 right after unlock 05.14.02. So keep ur figure crossed guys and avoid any update at all UNLESS u know what u a doing..

I'm David from Cambodia.
    Ordinary_guyz@yahoo.com

• Steve jobs
    Steve jobs Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

So does this mean that GEOHOT is gonna be a **** and come out with an unlock right before these guys do? Just like the jailbreak.

Anyways, I've been waiting to unlock the 3GS.

• Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

My iphone 3gs shows modem firmware 05.15.04.Anybody else with this version?

Thanks.

• Luong Xuan Tang
    Luong Xuan Tang Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Please help me unlock my iPhone (3G) with Baseband 5.15.01.

I upgraded my iPhone to 4.2 beta 2 then I downgraded to 4.1 and i can't unlock it with Baseband 5.15.01

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

How do you upgrade an iphone 3g unlocked jailbreak 3.1.2 to 4.1??? i really dont like 3.1.2

• Daniel
    via Wordpress

Well if DON'T MIND LOSING THE JAILBREAK AND UNLOCK let iTunes do the rest,but if you do so don't forget you will lose both.

• ducas
    ducas Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i bought my phone september 8 or whatever. Comes with 4.0.2. You guys said there will be no unlock for this firmware, you said i need to update to 4.1!!! I did it. Now you saying im stupid i update it? Im waiting for unlock for 2 months now. Bc devs dont want to lost exploit or what after geohots lamera1n! Theres thousands of people in the same situation like me. And stop saying its free so i should wait, i dont care i can pay. I just need to use my expensive phone

• Boss
    via Wordpress

hmm...thanks man....really appreciate..thanks again

• Bill Gates
    Bill Gates Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

Thanks Dev Team. This is a great news for Locked iphone users.

Keep it up heros

• Zang
    Zang Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

ORRR just like ME

Some idiot messed with my phone, got in safe mode-normal loop constantly and had to restore.

Though I THINK I have a factory unlocked, as on 4.1 my sim works(Which I knew would work) and another sim worked from a different carrier.

But I am leaving for Aus at end of month, so this might or might not be important to me.

Bottom line is, people aren't stupid, well some are, but occasionally things just get messed up, and you have to update...

Trust me, I did NOT EVER want to update until the cydia packages were more compatible with 4.1. Now I'm stuck with mine crashing occasionally when I use certaing plugins, so gotta disable them.

And yes, I actually fix phones for a living and also JB etc, so I know how to handle this stuff, so don't be idiotic and think everyone just clicks mindlessly at their screen!

• Zang
    Zang Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

You tried fuzzyband from Cydia? That works with 3G phones....

• Demdee
    Demdee Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • robertk572
    robertk572 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

-Non really! He can upgrade go 4.1-using CF. This way he's gonna keep old unlockable Baseband.

• Vince
    Vince Posts: 31
    via Wordpress

I'm waiting to unlock my 3G. It came updated but I got it for an unbeatable price of $100. Worth buying and waiting.

• Daniel
    via Wordpress

What does it exactly do?

Thanks.