Apple Countersues Motorola Over Multi-Touch Patent Infringements

Whizkid
Whizkid Posts: 135
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Countersues Motorola Over Multi-Touch Patent Infringements

Just when we were beginning to wonder if Apple had no response to Motorola's patent infringement suit against it, Apple has responded in kind by filing two lawsuits against Motorola. The two lawsuits allege a total of six patent infringements by Motorola related to various technologies originally used in the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• confused
    confused Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

They should make a movie now

• Jasper Fang
    Jasper Fang Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Let's see what's the next infringement..

• Audioslave54
    Audioslave54 Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

The phone Network?

• Zang
    Zang Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

Battery icon design infringement?

Hahaha gotta love these idiots....

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress

Next would be antenna not losing network... haha

• welbo
    welbo Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

Thanks Apple and Motorola for using consumer dollars to make lawyers rich instead of making better or cheaper products.

• Steven M
    Steven M Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

Yep... Makes me sick.

• Steven M
    Steven M Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

The next lawsuit might be "Phone with a color screen". These patents are getting ridiculous. I think I'll go to the patent office and get a patent for "breathing oxygen". Then I will sue every one of you for breathing. I hope Jobs doesn't see this. I wouldn't want him to get any ideas...

The patent process for technology needs to be redesigned and a lot more strict on what patents can be issued. As it is now, many different companies can have a patent on the same technology as long as it is worded differently. Then it becomes a battle of money and words. Something like a touchscreen should be available to anyone wanting to make a phone in 2010. With technology, an idea should be very unique in order to receive a patent. Patents are mainly awarded to help someone or a company maintain their competitive advantage for a little while before others copy it. It's BS to get patents on basics that all phones will need.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

You wouldn't be able to patent breathing oxygen because it's a prior art, we're already doing that.

As for some of the IP patents, they are valid no matter how common sense you may think they are. Take multi-gestures; sure all touch screen phones are using it now but it's nowhere near common just a few years ago.

No one could have guessed that we'd be using our fingers to control a touchscreen based phone prior to the iphone. There are different types of touchscreen technologies, but apple introduced it in a way that worked well. Keep in mind, these patents weren't awarded AFTER multi touch interfaces were already mass marketed. Apple obtained them BEFORE launching the iphone, meaning it didn't exist in this form before that.

• Songohans
    Songohans Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

SO... Nokia, Motorola and others failed in competing with Apple technology so they have to sue... what a bunch of LOSERS!!!

This kind of **** only happens in America!!!