Sprint CEO Attributes Increase In 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot Sales To Apple's iPad

Whizkid
Whizkid Posts: 135
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSprint CEO Attributes Increase In 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot Sales To Apple's iPad

In an interview with GigaOM, Sprint CEO Dan Hesse revealed that Sprint is benefiting from the high demand of Apple's iPad even though they're not selling it in their retail stores like AT&T and Verizon. According to Hesse, most people buy the Wi-Fi only model of the iPad and use...

Read the full story here

Comments

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

I think this is sprint's way of kissing ass and hoping for the iphone. Nice looking ipad case though.

• fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress

What is the cost of the hot spot for 1GB?

• ewj
    ewj Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

I got the Clear 4g/3G which is the same network, hotspot; sold my iPad 3G and got just the wifibversion. The hotspot gives you gps so many maps on the iPad work. I got the 3G iPad mainly for the GPS and the hotspot is getting that done for me.

• ewj1
    ewj1 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Mine was $50 a month for unlimited 4g + 5 GB while in 3G.It also provides wifi and gps for up to five devices. I take it to meetings and conferences because it fits in my pocket. It gets decent up/down speeds.

I have had 5 devices in 4g and Internet surfing was smooth but when two of us used our netflix accounts it was choppy. 3G is good but would not recommend for more than 3 machines using it - unless it is general during.

Lacency is a issue if you want to play online games.

• theBankRobber
    theBankRobber Posts: 31
    via Wordpress

Why would Sprint need to kiss ass? Sprint doesn't want the iphone, it would be a nice addition but they don't need it. So would you say that whatever service you use to play your Xbox or ps3 online is kissing Ms and Sony's ass? They provide a great service at a good price, its part of the money making game. Only stupid people like yourself can't see how this boost both apple and sprint market.