Major US Banks Testing iPhone; May Allow Employees To Switch From BlackBerry

Whizkid
Whizkid Posts: 135
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageMajor US Banks Testing iPhone; May Allow Employees To Switch From BlackBerry

According to a recent Bloomberg report, two of the largest banks in the US - the Bank of America and Citibank are currently testing Apple's iPhone for corporate usage. If this plan does end up being approved, we could be seeing over half a million employees of the two banks...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

When it comes to security other OSs still need to improve. For lower level employees I can see iOS and Android taking away from RIM but for upper level employees who have more sensitive info on hand I don't. They prevent Corp apps from interacting with personal apps and also preventing copy and paste with certain info. As for consumer market I am surprised RIM have not lost more market share then they already have. They haven't offered much competition to Android or iOS. They really need to step if up and I think they are already working towards the consumer market with the OS they used for the Playbook. Smartphone market is now very competitve and now with the launch of WP7 it's only going to add to that. But this all beneficial to the consumer and I believe there is enough room for all these OSs to each hold a healthy share of the market.