BlackBerry PlayBook To Be Priced Under $500 To Take On iPad

Whizkid
Whizkid Posts: 135
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageBlackBerry PlayBook To Be Priced Under $500 To Take On iPad

A little over a month after RIM announced its 7-inch tablet – the PlayBook, RIM Co-CEO, Jim Balsillie has revealed in an interview to Bloomberg that the iPad competitor would be “competitively priced” below the $500 mark. The Apple iPad, as you might be aware has its entry level version...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 163
    via Wordpress

def not an ipad killer..seriously what's the point? for $500 you get a real ipad

• Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress

In fact, the playbook pwns the iPad processor wise. 1GhZ and dual processor pwned the iPad's krappy processor.

• fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress

Have you ever used the iPad, your talking crap, u have no practical knowledge..

• uk joe.
    uk joe. Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

my 32g ipad went back two weeks after i got it.and got the iphone 4 the day it came out. much better choice.the ipad is very over rated.

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

I guess some people don't like competition or options for that matter. Honestly 7" inches is perfect for portability and I'm sure they will be successful. The Tab and the Playbook are both very good alternatives. I think Apple will match the hardware specs (maybe implement "retina" display) so let's see what they do software wise. Not sure if they will add an updated iOS or of they will wait till June to release one for all iOS devices. Well the tablet wars have begun. Let the competition begin

• Ross
    Ross Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

I have been looking for a tablet for the last month now and have paid particular attention to the Galaxy Tab. In just a few weeks of its arrival at PC World it has had a price cut twice and its now selling online for £469 with free delivery. I wonted a tablet for Xmas but I am interested in looking at the Playbook and the new Tosheba Tablet when the become available. I have looked at the iPad twice now and it just didn't excite me maybe because I have a 3Gs already and am interested in something different. I think the 7-inch screen is perfect I have no trouble using it on the Galaxy Tab and see the potential portability verses the iPad.

• Vince
    Vince Posts: 31
    via Wordpress

To me this is definitly an iPad killer (unless your objective is gaming) and I will definitly consider it since I'm looking to buy a tablet in the near future... Will have to try it out to see of it feels because I really like the iPad but feel like it's a waste of money since I own and iPhone 4 and investing 40$ in a 10" cheap chinese LCD and use TV out with a generic VGA cable to plug my i4 in would be a better use of my money than 600$-700$ on an iPad

• Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

Haha you do no that the iPad has a 1Ghz processor now don't you?

• Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

Yeah Ross, I have an iPhone 4 bur I also bought an iPad, problem is its pretty much all the same just bigger, my sister is buying the iPad and I'm going to Galaxy Tab!!

• luigy
    luigy Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

i have the ipad 64gb wifi/3g and iphone 4 and i tell you am thinking in sales the ipad because with iphone 4 i did not use the ipad anymore.
    i will wait for the adam table or the next ipad because i dont use the ipad anymore becuase i can do more with the iphone 4.