Apple Releases iOS 4.2.1 Golden Master For iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch To Developers

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Releases iOS 4.2.1 Golden Master For iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch To Developers

Apple has just released iOS 4.2.1 Golden master (Build 8C148) to developers of its iOS Developer program. iOS 4.2.1 GM is available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. The release of another Golden Master version comes as a surprise as the Golden Master version means that it is the shipping...

Read the full story here

Comments

• carberam
    carberam Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

4.2 is starting to remind me of greenpois0n...
    JK Chronic =]

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

delay delay hope the devs are ready and waiting with the jb already

• Kobe24mvp
    Kobe24mvp Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Release ultrasnow already!!!

• Ash
    Ash Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

I so want it aswell, but id prefer to have more features plus be on the latest firmware and have an unlock at the same time... just use another phone for the time being, like i am.

• Steve gates
    Steve gates Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

4.2 will be released tomorrow. This GM is a release for a future update for 4.2. This means 4.2 is done and ready to be pushed to the public.

............ Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

how do u know if its gona be released tomoro i seriously doubt that
    AND PLEASE RELEASE THE DAM UNLOCK NOONE HERE WITH 3gs CARES ABOUT FREAKIN 4.2 DAM is that so hard

• Welly
    Welly Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I agree nobody really cares about 4.2,just release the new unlock and free us from this headache,4.2 is just another method to makes the dev team work harder to come up with an unlock

• Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

This just sounds like another way to patch the NEW jailbreak and unlock.

• flyezz
    flyezz Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

so you replied and answered ur own quesiton!!! lol

• Carlos
    Carlos Posts: 45
    via Wordpress

ULTRASNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...COME ON

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

i agree its to late for apple to patch anything all new phones have this already so please release ultra snow so i could have a phone cuz dont have money for a new phone cuz if i did i would have bought one already please development team release it early

• Making iPad users wait so long for this is really unacceptable given the price and the profit margins of the device. While I am glad that they caught the bug and decided to fix it, I wish this whole process had occurred months ago.

• ifonix
    ifonix Posts: 76
    via Wordpress

time to release ultrasn0w for 4.1 5.14.02......
    don't wait for Apple!

• King James 1
    King James 1 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Agreed, apple needs to get it together.. They seem a little 'off' lately... I can't believe there is still no multitasking. Microsoft gets the **** thrown at them for not having multitasking on the windows phone 7 OS, but apple gets out of jail free????

It's a joke

Of course my iPhone is jail broken, but im pretty close to saying the hell with it and jailbreaking my iPad so i can get something as basic as multitasking

• billquilten
    billquilten Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

My parents say wait they are coming with a next generation probably with better features like a camera.
    illumibriter

• brvhrt
    brvhrt Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I'm pretty far down the list but i'll try to ask a question anyway.
    I do care a lot about the IOS 4.2 now 4.2.1 because the iPad is missing a few basic features like multitasking and folder icon and i'm not gonna talk about a REAL SURFING EXPERIENCE because without flash that experience is giving me a stomach ache :( there are so many video from church and Monavie that id love to watch but its just a dream...
    Enough, why I just can't wait for the 4.2.1 its because I'm hoping it will fix my nightmare of experience with my iPhone 4, things like:
    -Proximity, this is bad
    -Bluetooth connectivity, this is very bad
    -Signal being so low, This is unreal bad, man this is a phone for Pete sake!!! I had a much better signal with my 3GS.
    -and the last one is the overheating well..no comments

Don't get me wrong here I love my iDevices even if the HP Slate, Playbook and Samsung Galaxy looks pretty good even if they have a REAL WEB EXP. I'll stick to Apple, I just wish they would listen to the demand more than wanting all my money at least at would give it a little more willingly.

So please can someone tell me if these issues have been discussed on the new IOS. DEV. TEAM l'd love to hear from you too,

Thanks for this iPHoneHack and all the comments there is not a day that goes by that I'm not reading it.

MAN THIS WAS A LONG COMMENT!!!

• Ash
    Ash Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

I guess i did :D, but i was trying to basicly put out the message of saying to people to WAIT!, cause it would be better to have an iphone with more features, a jailbreak and an unlock at the same time.

• jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress

make it yourself if you want it that bad...douche!

............ Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

ok this is so stupid it is completely obvious that 4.2 has a new baseband 100% so why the hell dev team is still waiting for 4.2 RELEASE THE ULTRASNOW FOR FAK SAKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• divious
    divious Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

how bout we all just wait they do a damn good job unlocking and jailbreaking everything and none of us help so just sit back and wait or dont unlock and pay for everything out of your pocket

• divious
    via Wordpress

this site takes hella long to update news redmondpie.com and iphonefirmware.com already has updated the new release for the redsnow unlock of the 3GS old bootrom unlock

• Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress

Heads up!!!!

Off topic, but relevant to us all---

I rec'd an email today alledgedly from Apple Service saying they have detected that i'm running a jailbroken 4.1 device, and have given me 48hrs to rectify this, before they kill it!

Any one heard of this, my gut feeling was it's a hoax, but then a friend told me his mate had same mail a few days bach, and his phone was zapped!

Iphone Hacks, any info on this please??

• oblivious
    oblivious Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Guys if you really want ultrasn0w make one yourself. Seriously if they release it now, apple might aswell let them and then still while in GM build patch it up. Then what would you do, I'd bet you'd complain about not having airplay next and air print. SO do us a favour and wait

• Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress

Oh well, obv a load of bollocks, if i get bricked in 48 hrs i'll post again lol.

• Tumblweed
    Tumblweed Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

First of all I would like to thank IPhone hacks and everyone involved in allowing US All the extra benefits we get from jail breaking and unlocking.
    Yes it would be nice that Apple would get their sh*t together and thus allowing all the dev teams to do what they do best for us. I to made the mistake of updating and forgot all about the unlock side. Now all I and everyone else can do is wait.
    But again .. A Big Thank You goes out to all the Dev Teams and this site for keeping us abreast.

• fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress

Tomorrow iOS 4.2? Dream on.

• divious
    via Wordpress

fas- Ycome on here playing, stop acting childish its people like you that keep mess up go play in traffic somewhere