BlackBerry PlayBook Vs iPad: Web Browsing Experience

Whizkid
Whizkid Posts: 135
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageBlackBerry PlayBook Vs iPad: Web Browsing Experience

Almost two months after it was announced, RIM has posted a video comparing the web browsing experience on its upcoming 7-inch tablet – the BlackBerry PlayBook with the current bestseller, the Apple iPad. The latter, as you might be already aware would be its primary rival when RIM starts selling...

Read the full story here

Comments

• X-Ed
    X-Ed Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I still prefer the current iPad vs the PlayBook
    I don't see the tests as an iPad killer, rather than that, I prefer wait 1 more sec on web browsing and have IOS than the crappy OS from BB.

• APPLESUCKZDICK
    APPLESUCKZDICK Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

WOW APPLE JUST GOT RAPED. I THINK THE PLAYBOOK COULD VERY WELL BE BETTER THAN THE IPAD BUT MORE MORONS WILL STILL BUY THE IPAD

• Apple
    Apple Posts: 105
    via Wordpress

It got owned cuz that's an old version of the iPad.. U got to remember the playbook coming out when the next gen iPad is releasing which makes the blackberry dumb now apple know what they can do for the newer one

• nik
    nik Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

and when ipad v2 is out the playbook will be 6months old..
    playbook is better than ipad, face it.

• SiLeNcEbOnE
    SiLeNcEbOnE Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

This is stupid, even tho I own a iPad but the need for flash is still huge. How can people say the BB OS is crappy if they haven't even tested the playbook yet?
    What would apple do when the playbook supports flash while the ipad doesn't? They are against it so even if the ipad 2 comes out, which one will win is the playbook since it supports flash. Apple fans need to stop being ignorant.

• Apple
    Apple Posts: 105
    via Wordpress

you can have flash on the ipad.. just jailbreak the damn thing.. dont get me wrong the playbook is nice and different but atleast when you have the ipad you can expand on the possiblities that it can do without having to pay for it.. a big ass pad is not worth it if you cant do a lot with it.. cuz i tried having my iphone not jailbroken for awhile and its pretty lame if you dont hack the damn thing.. im pretty sure they made a lot of neat things for the rim but id rather buy an ipad atleast i know i can do more with it rather than just sit there and look at it and hope i have enough money to buy an app for it to make it more fun

• soso
    soso Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Thats just part of the game mate!!! All these major company always do this, come with amazing features and new thing or add-ons and then other Cie watch and see how the demand is and work things out better and come out with a newer version and implement those features in in a way better or more suited to their users and Voila. So nothing new here, everybody's steeling from everybody's idea :) The BB users will be happier and the iPad users happier as well but wish everybody uses only iPads hahhahahaah :)

• soso
    via Wordpress

Indeed you can Jailbreak it and have even more features and Apps that does thing that even Apple themselves haven't add-on but the normal end user or the business people those who have money they want the iPad to support Flash and all other things that Apple is declining to Add instead of having to say ok "now i bought the iPad2 but still no flash.. so I have to stop by the next store & have it Jailbreak or gotta go home to do it myself" and next thing when Apple release a iOs update, everything fucks up and back to sqaure one!!! Mhmhmhmhmhm

• soso
    via Wordpress

One thing i have to agree with you, honeslty an iPhone or iPad that is not Jailbreak is really lame. Thank God the possibilities when you get jailbreak makes it a better Entertainement phone. But without Jailbreak, other phones like HTC, Samsung, BB etc.. are much fun as well as is the iphone or iPad. And I think the BBerry Pbook will work well. I got an iPhone and planning to buy a tablet and I think it will be either Samsung or Pbook from BB.
    Cheers :)

• Shrivatsa
    Shrivatsa Posts: 97
    via Wordpress

actually, the playbook is supposed to come out sometime in early 2011 like the article says, and Apples lifecycle suggest a new one will come out in april at the latest.

that makes the 2nd gen iPad little over a month older.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

You must have missed the part where they're comparing a future product to one that's almost a year old. By the time rim's tablet is released, there'll be an ipad2.

Other companies should stop trying to compare their new products to stuff that's been out, but instead to thrive to build an even bigger gap. So far, I'm not impressed.

• Lewis
    Lewis Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

ipad2 without dual core processor and still no flash. will you be able to tether it to your iphone? not likely.

• howareyoumyboy
    howareyoumyboy Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

i dont think ipad is slow compare to playbook
    this is because apple has restriction for flash and java but if we compare in configuration ipad wind and when touch experience is better in ipad especially when we zoom in web page and photos etc. showing this kind of stupid videos cannot make ipad loser as we all know apple was the best is the best and will be the best

• ?
    ? Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

And I'm sure you are staring in a 3.5 inch screen surfing the web and playing with apps. The point of 7 inch tablets are for portability.

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

One way or the other the competition will release products after one another. And truth be told I can only see the iPad matching the specs except for adding maybe a higher resolution screen.

• Harsha
    Harsha Posts: 84
    via Wordpress

iphonehacks you are wrong... Playbook would still WIN in the Flash comparison test in 2011 (with new ipad)!

• Mr Bee
    Mr Bee Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Re Tethering. Just use MyWi from Cydia. Works a treat!

• Zang
    Zang Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

Not true flash though, that is the problem, I tried all solutions for flash available, and non runs on this currency converter site.

So no, iPad CAN'T use flash except for movies and simple things like that... which is pointless really...

Considering some people have silly dev teams writing whole websites in flash and you can't click anything on the iPad.

So GO BB! Maybe this will force Apple to bring out "true" flash... Hell they approved a browser with shitty flash, now its about time to make flash native...

• Zang
    Zang Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

I believe this might force Apple to see the need to implement flash natively on their iOS based devices...

1. They allowed a bad flash browser.

2. RIM and a whole load of other manufacturers are making flash enabled tablets.

So why wouldn't they try to step up? Unless Apple is too stupid and honestly believes they know whats best for a customer and not the customer themselves!

1 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Well at this point it is a little to early for Steve Jobs to eat his own words. In about two year they will have flash and a 7 inch tablet :-)

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

Apple has no need to allow flash on their ios devices. Their sales continue to increase, quarter after quarter.

Like he says, they try to make a great product. If people like it, they'll buy it. If they don't, they wont.

So far, anti apple fanboys see flash on the iphone as a problem while sales figures sing a different tune.

• BEDAL
    BEDAL Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

As above the ipdad is a year old...thats like comparing SEGA with a PS3 LOL (,'')

• BEDAL
    BEDAL Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress

Well said!

And again I have had mine iPad since end of May and this product isn't even possible to buy yet.

• fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress

The test was done by a BB guy, let a neutral party do it.

• Now What
    Now What Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

hey douchbag, if this was only an apple website, why the hell are the comparing it to BB and many other different products. You are just like those stupid Republicans who only vote yes or no, just to support their party rather than passing good laws for the citizens. Apple makes good products and some of us will buy it because we like the way it works and how it looks.

The BB is faster than the ipad, no big deal because the ipad is good too. It doesn't have to be the best in the word because one of the best is good enough too.

Wanna be a fanboy, be real and stop trolling.
    My 2cents

• Now What
    Now What Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Hey **** face, before there was an ipad, i bet you were watching youtube on your iphone, reading and browsing too. Stop the BS and learn something

• Not a MacFan
    Not a MacFan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Please stop watching Rachael Maddow and MSNBC. It's making you sound very ignorant.

• Phil
    Phil Posts: 87
    via Wordpress

I don't understand
    how is it better exactly? will i see my photos better on a smaller screen, does dexter seem less scary?

my wife has an iPad and it is pretty damn cool.
    today, what can i do on a blackberry, or a Galaxy (funny i thought that was a UK Ford Van with window) that i can't do on an iPad.

because the difference between reality and possibility will mean folks will never buy, but always wait for the future. and never buy because of reviews that tempt of better to come, same old computer megga bytes discussions or megga pixel camera discussions.

in the mean time the timid wait. and i have a cool iPad - ok my wife does ..

you pays yer money and takes yer chance... as with everything in life.

the difference is that if you want to sell on eBay - apple products hold their price - all the other stuff drops like a stone in the sea.

what is it called? 'total cost of ownership'?