Survey Shows 34% Of Non-AT&T Customers Would Have Purchased iPhone If Available On Their Carrier

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSurvey Shows 34% Of Non-AT&T Customers Would Have Purchased iPhone If Available On Their Carrier

Industry analysts have for long advocated the need for Apple to open up the iPhone to many more carriers in the United States. A study conducted last year by Kathryn Huberty from Morgan Stanley had revealed that Apple could nearly double its market share in the US by partnering with...

Read the full story here

Comments

• l
    l Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

I don't get it. If Motorola has 71% "very satisfied" rate why do they have a high rate of remorse. And the opposite for Samsung. Is there something I'm missing?

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

nope your right.. this make no scene.

• Thor
    Thor Posts: 38
    via Wordpress

I have never seen a good solid explanation of why Apple thought it was in their best interests to go with an exclusive carrier in US. There are some minor technical, reasons but none that would significantly affect the iPhone experience. APay&Pay did not make the iPhone it's only device. This really opened the door for the hoard of Druids. In 22 months (and counting) I may even consider Druid (once they evolve).

• MK
    MK Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

HOW MANY OF 34% NON ATT CUSTOMER ALREADY HAS AN IPHONE

• Fleur
    Fleur Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

People should understand that companies are not looking at maximizing their market share but at maximizing their profit.

Going for an exclusivity with ATT provided a much bigger margin to Apple than it could have without exclusivity and resulted in a global bigger profit for Apple.

This is exactly the current problem of Nokia: they sell a lot of phones, much more than Apple, but with very little margin on each of those phones. Apple with only about 4% market share makes much more money than Nokia with about 32% market share !

• fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress

WEll Apple should sell unlocked, available on all carriers phone.

• Jesus
    Jesus Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

Where is the unlock .. Even I the Jesus can't wait ..

• Franco
    Franco Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Perhaps Motorola customers were very satisfied, but believe they would be even more satisfied with an iPhone 4...