Next Gen iPad To Get Video Calling, Retina Display, Gyroscope, USB Support & More

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNext Gen iPad To Get Video Calling, Retina Display, Gyroscope, USB Support & More

With the first generation iPad about to turn a year old, rumors of the next generation iPad or the iPad 2 as it is known now, have already started circulating. A Chinese newspaper claims that according to “industry sources”, iPad 2 would feature as many as 5 new features. While...

Read the full story here

Comments

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

Kinda doubt the whole USB thing. As far as wether or not Apple should have a rear facing camera, I can't see much use for it other than to take a picture of documents to have them converted into PDF files.

I'm kinda turned off by the iPad with the release of the MacBook Air. I always wanted a highly portable computer that turns on instantly. The only thing the iPad has is the ability to run apps from the app store. Cross the iPad and MacBook Air and we have the perfect device... for me at least.

• Lolelner
    Lolelner Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

It will with osx lion...

• jojo jang jogger
    jojo jang jogger Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

iPhonehacks, any news on when the next gen will be available?

• e
    e Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

Unless the screen is capacitive there would be no point.

• Alessandro S
    Alessandro S Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I really, really doubt we'll ever have an iPad with Retina Displays... How much is that going to cost?
    By doubling the screen size, we'll get 2048 x 1536 px!
    This is more than the pixels I've got in my MacBook Pro 15" with "high resolution" display! (1680 x 1050)

• Wagwan
    Wagwan Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

If you haven't been paying attention for the last 10 years or so, Apple has done yearly updates to nearly all it products with features that should have been in the previous version, to keep their loyal fanboys upgrading. So whenever the ipad originally came out, add a year give or take a month, that's when the next one will be here.

• fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress

Trust me, no ways is USB coming to the iPad.

• Digitaltouch
    Digitaltouch Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

I just know I've been waiting for the ipad2 since the first iPad came out. Never got that o e as I new it was missing to much.

• ha ha
    ha ha Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

The next gen iPad will come with as few new features they think they can get away with and still have their loyal band of followers pay top dollar for, as has been the case of every next gen iPhone. After this many years the pattern should be obvious. If you want an iPad with every feature u desire, don't buy their next pos

• Lolelner
    Lolelner Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Obviously the apps will be os x specific.. Besides how long do you think it will be untill touch screen will be offered as an option? Judging by the patents they looking into maybe not as long as u'd think... (the ones previously posted by Iphonehacks)

• JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress

So, you guys say all this is to come on the next iPad, and then just suggest that it comes with these options? That's ridiculous. That's like me saying, "New iPhone to provide coffee making abilities." And then just saying, "wouldn't that be cool?"

• rh
    rh Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

Easier to just write "around April".

• Pacomac
    Pacomac Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    As an iPad developer the last thing I want to see is the Retina display! The processor would need to be doubled in size to make up for the extra processing that would require, besides I thing the current resolution is equivalent to desktop PC dot pitches so what's the point. OMLED only makes sence from the point of view of battery life! In my opinion it would need to be true color OMLED and not the poor high color found in Samsung phones which suffers really bad banding on gradient fills. The USB port will definitely happen, although I suspect it will be a low powered micro USB. Personally I would like to see 512mb (or even better 1gb) of ram and a beefed up processor. This is what will be required to keep ahead of the competition. A front facing camera is a definate, but I'm not sure a rear camera is a necessary requirement.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Apple should have launched iPad 2 in time for Christmas
  • katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress
    No need to, this will be the 1st Christmas that the ipad is available. They will milk the this ipad for as long as possible.Besides, there's not much competition right now, so Apple probably won't release iPad2 until there's more competition on the market eating into iPad sales.