iPhone Dev Team Releases Unofficial PwnageTool Bundle For iPhone 3GS

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Dev Team Releases Unofficial PwnageTool Bundle For iPhone 3GS

iPhone Dev Team has released an unofficial PwnageTool bundle for iPhone 3GS owners with the old bootrom that want to update to iOS 4.2.1 without upgrading their baseband.

So if your iPhone 3GS baseband is 05.13.04 or lower (Settings -> General -> About -> Modem Firmware) then you should install the bundle before using PwnageTool 4.1.3 to update to iOS 4.2.1. 

Read the full story here

Comments

• dennis
    dennis Posts: 89
    via Wordpress
    can i uppdate my 3g to ios 4.2.1 and unlock it with ultrasn0w now ?? please answer me :(
  • borat
    borat Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Im guessing this is the real deal?
  • Srk
    Srk Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Fortunately I have a factory unlocked iPhone (legal unlock after 1 year of a 2 year contract). Newest baseband (5.14.02) 3Gs. Just need jailbreak (not unlock) on 4.2. Preferably untethered, available yet? (I'm a total jailbreak noob).
  • Max
    Max Posts: 62
    via Wordpress
    Hellowill there be an "Windows" version too?
  • borat
    via Wordpress
    Yes Max there will be a windows version.But im not sure when. I'm waiting for a jailbreak to come out for my 3G. I'm currently on 4.1 unlocked and jailbroken using windows.
  • Lee
    Lee Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    To update baseband to 6.15 do I need itune 10.1 for it to work? Or the 10.0 will still work
  • borat
    via Wordpress
    Hi Lee im pretty sure you need to be on 10.1. But i would double check that if i were you.
  • EV
    EV Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    So I have a 3GS with the old bootrom and 5.13.04 Modem f/w unlocked on 4.1. Do I use the same Pwnage Tool that I used for 4.1 and just add this bundle to the package contents and create a new 4.2.1 firmware file to restore?
  • Hel
    Hel Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    3G & 3GS 4.2.1 is JB untethered...redsn0w beta4
  • katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress
    DOWNGRADE 4.2 to 4.1 SOLUTION W/OUT SHSH BLOB!People, I don't know how to contact iphonehacks to get this info out, but I just downgraded my iPhone 4 from 4.2 to 4.1 WITHOUT an shsh blob.I followed the normal steps/tutuorials on how to do it if you had saved the blob. Got the error message 104, but instead of using the latest version of tiny umbrella(I tried using it but it just dont work if you didn't save your shsh blob), So I downloaded an older version Tiny Umbrella 4.1.6Once I opened the older version towards the bottom, under the "Request Version" dropdown menu i chose iphone4 4.1(B117) and under the "Request From" i just chose Cydia. The "Kick out of Recovery" button came to life, I clicked it, and BAM IT WORKED!!!
  • katsuboi
    via Wordpress
    OK, just figured out how to contact iphonehacks (I was too impatient to look to the left)
  • FredMC
    FredMC Posts: 73
    via Wordpress
    Same here, I have a jailbroken 3G on iOS 4.1 using baseband 05.13.04 and I use Windows. I want to update to 4.2 but don't want to use that iPad baseband.
  • Lee
    via Wordpress
    Thanks borat I'll check it out
  • Lee
    via Wordpress
    hello everyone, please help!!!I tried a few times to updated to 6.15 baseband by using PwanageTool 4.1.3. and iPad FW 3.2.2. my original FW on my 3gs is 4.1. everything went fine I see Cydia and my 3gs baseband still stay at 5.14.02. what is going on here? do I need to update my FW to 4.2 or 4.2.1 first before I even trying to updated the baseband to 6.15 and how do I update to 4.2.1 because I can only updating to 4.2 via iTune pls help anyone
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    hi all, i have a 3gs MC model firmware 05.13.04now i'm using 4.0.1 jailbroken and unlocked. can i use this tool to upgrade 4.2.1 with jailbreak and unlock? if not then how can i? thanks to all in advance
  • Thang
    Thang Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    any unlocks yet for the FW 02.10.04 for the iphone 4 running OS 4.1?
  • VIBER
    VIBER Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I need itune 10.1 for it to work?
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Its weird that its unofficial, should not it be official since its from the horses themselveS?
  • TOMO
    TOMO Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    help please!iphone 3g, after upgrading baseband to 6.15.00 and unlocking, sound in earphone don't work!anyone know solution?!
  • DpHl
    DpHl Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Hi Dennis First you use Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 to upgrade modem firmware 06.15.00 ( still keep version 4.1 ) and use Utrasn0w 1.2 to unclock your phone 3GsFinally phone unlocked.Following these step by step: For all those wit questions about using redsnow.1 you don not have to update to 4.22 you can stay on 4.1Download 4.1 software, (apple have it on their site) file is called iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_RestoreDownload the redsnow software.Run the software,Follow all instructions step by step.It will ask you to choose what firmware to use this is the file you should have downloaded from apple the one o mentioned above.Once that is picked i high lighted install cydia and install ipad firmware.Mine took less than 5 mins to install everything an reboot, but it will depend on your internet connection.Once your phone has rebooted go into cydia and find ultrasnow it will be version 1.2Reboot your device once more and that is it.Hope this helps.
  • DpHl
    DpHl Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Hi Lee You should stay 4.1 then using Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 to upgrade firmware 06.15.00 then using Ultran0w 1.2 to unclock you phoneFinally phone unlocked.For all those wit questions about using redsnow.1 you don not have to update to 4.22 you can stay on 4.1Download 4.1 software, (apple have it on their site) file is called iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_RestoreDownload the redsnow software.Run the software,Follow all instructions step by step.It will ask you to choose what firmware to use this is the file you should have downloaded from apple the one o mentioned above.Once that is picked i high lighted install cydia and install ipad firmware.Mine took less than 5 mins to install everything an reboot, but it will depend on your internet connection.Once your phone has rebooted go into cydia and find ultrasnow it will be version 1.2Reboot your device once more and that is it.Hope this helps.
  • ifonix
    ifonix Posts: 76
    via Wordpress
    hoi,any one, dev team, good people,any unlock for BB 05.14.02 for 3GS????????????????don't wanna upgrade to ipad BB 06.15.00'.one more thing, DEV team, recpect! keep it going!leting the JB/UL community the option to be free
  • Lee
    via Wordpress
    Dear iPhone hack or anyone, please confirmed if this baseband update method works with MC models 3GS. I have MC model and and did it 7 times my baseband didn't change to 6.15 pls help
  • dennis
    dennis Posts: 89
    via Wordpress
    i have a 3g not a 3gs. but i swear ios 4.2.1 is faster than ios 4.1 :(
  • dondon41
    dondon41 Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    does teathered means that every time your battery drained, the phone will not boot? it will only boot if I connect the phone to a computer?
  • EV
    EV Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    There is very little information on this page. Some posts are mentioned ipad and then saying to update iphone. Hopefully some proper instructions come out. Do not want ot risk bricking my iphone and ipad.
  • ifonix
    ifonix Posts: 76
    via Wordpress
    not working!try to copy paste iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a.bundle in to Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles/.get right away "file can not be modefy"
  • katsuboi
    via Wordpress
    tethered jailbreak means every time you need to reboot you need to be connected to a computer and use redsnow to stay jailbroken. If you reboot without a computer you will not see cydia or any jailbreak apps on your phone.
  • Axel
    Axel Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Hi all im a iPhone 3GS i hace the Ios 4.0 on firmware 05.14.04 how do i unlock my iPhone i try everything ..... Please
  • djcocamoe
    djcocamoe Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    if i already have jailbroken at 4.1 do i have to upgrade to 4.2.1 to be able to unlock? or can i just run the ultrasnow unlock?