iPhone Users Reporting Problems With Microsoft Exchange 2003 After Upgrading To iOS 4.2.1

Options
Whizkid
Whizkid Posts: 135
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Users Reporting Problems With Microsoft Exchange 2003 After Upgrading To iOS 4.2.1

iPhone users are reporting issues with Microsoft Exchange 2003 after upgrading to iOS 4.2.1 that was released by Apple last week.

The problem is compounded by the fact that there are actually two different issues affecting the same feature.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jarrad
    Jarrad Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Most of my clients are having this issue and can not find a fix for it, my own 03 exchange is fine with no issues with active sync and iphone/ipad 4.2.1 at all any one know a fix ?
  • Frustrated
    Frustrated Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I didn't realize this was the problem until this morning & while my emails still come through I have lost all calendar visibility. Is a fix in the works? This is an unacceptable error.
  • Frustrated
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Note that The how to resolve post above does not work & is related to an older update
  • geekinit
    geekinit Posts: 65
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Just recently upgraded to Exchange 2010 because we were having an iPhone battery draining issue that was somehow related to calendars on Exchange 2003 on iOS 4.1.x. Exchange 2003 is getting old. Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac doesn't support Exchange 2003 and neither does Mail app for Mac. Exchange 2010 is a bit to migrate to but worth it if you can do it.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Options
    ios 4.2 has lots of issues, even with wifi for iphone.
  • dwight
    dwight Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Options
    So far - we do not thave the issue. We have Mac and PC desktops and did have issue with Snow-Leopard, so far the iOS4.1x is good - but will keep an eye open. The upgrade to Exchange 2011 requires a hardware and sofware migration - not an easy updrade for sure. Why both Exchange versions are not suported is crazy!
  • mickey
    mickey Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Calendar items not showing on my calendar on phone but showing up on outlook is not new, I have had this issue along with co workers for over a year it's why many stay on blackberry along with the hiding of my emails and less frequently my contacts so even the iPhone favorits become phone numbers instead of names (kills the use of the phone - happened 3 times this year power down helped). If "upgraded" to exchange 2007 if I am not mistaken but that did not help! Apple please look into these 3 issues!
  • Will
    Will Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I had issues syncing some Exchange 2010 accounts to iPhones and iPads, yet other accounts on the same device would sync.Fixed it by going to the domain controller, Active Directory -> Users -> Username -> Properties -> Security -> Advanced ->check Include inheritable permissions from this object's parentTry that and see if it helps.
  • ewj
    ewj Posts: 26
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Just moved everyone over to MS BPOS, but use a Exchange 2003 for an extended family mail server. Family members with iPhones are complaining about this.
  • ewj
    ewj Posts: 26
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Don't know how big your company is but we just moved to BPOS and like it a lot. No more exchange servers and people have access from everywhere.
  • steven
    steven Posts: 113
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I was experiencing this same problem after the update to 4.2.1 and I thought that this was a problem of our corporate MS exchange server last week. After missing two meetings, I checked with our IT, I then compared the same meetings on a colleague’s iPhone 4 that still had the 4.1 version and he did not experience any problems. I then downgraded back to 4.1 and everything has been working normal again. I see no point for iPhone 4 uses to upgrade to 4.2.1, since most of these new features are directed at the iPad anyway.
  • Frustrated
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I would agree with the exeption of the find my phone feature as this was the main reason that I chose to upgrade
  • Bingo
    Bingo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    fyi: I've just detected, that all .ics sended to my iphone by email and carried over into my calendar can't changed or deleted anymore! I guess that's a nice bug too...
  • lsbeller
    lsbeller Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I thought I was going crazy. I upgraded my iPad to 4.2.1 and started having conflicting calendars with my iPhone which is still at 4. Kinda nice to know it's not me.Steve
  • iphonedummy
    iphonedummy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have a iPhone 4 user with OS 4.0. He is haveing the same issue that the Calendar schedule keep on refreshing. Some just simply disappear on the iPhone 4 but Outlook on Exchange 2003 is OK. Anyone have solution on the Os 4.0 ?
  • Jerry
    Jerry Posts: 47
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have 2 users with this issue. One with a 3GS and one with a 4. Both with 4.2.1 - Thanks apple!
  • Suzie
    Suzie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    We are having similar issue.Inbox & Calendar will only sync if we set Inbox to sync 'no limits'. It will not sync if set to '3 days' or '2 weeks' ... or '1 month'. Other mobile device, i.e Windows mobile etc do not have this issue.Does anyone know what component does iphone/ipad use for synching with Exchange server 2003?
  • Tony Youssef
    Tony Youssef Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Initially, I thought my phone went bad, as I could not scroll up and down (stuck), and the battery drained in 1 hour. I went to the apple store, and they gave me a new phone. After setting it up, and put all I want I need and use on it, I started having the same problem. I reset, and started from Scratch. But, this time without a single app on it, except Microsoft exchange, as I use the phone to get my e-mail from work (corporate account). same problem again. I removed exchange, and everything worked fine. re-install exchange, it works for few days, and back to the same problem!! the phone menu gets stuck, cannot dial, scroll up or down,...
  • WilsonLast
    WilsonLast Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi,You may also check how to send SMS from MS Exchange 2003 with Ozeki NG SMS Gateway:sms-integration.com/p_106-ms-exchange-2003-sms.htmlBR