iOS 4.2 For iPhone Supports New Network Technology That Improves Battery Life And Minimizes Congesti

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiOS 4.2 For iPhone Supports New Network Technology That Improves Battery Life And Minimizes Congestion

iOS 4.2 released last week brings new features like AirPrint, AirPlay, Find My iPhone besides offering one common platform across the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Rattso
    Rattso Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    I have noticed that I've only charged my phone half as often than before the update! Whoa........could it be true?
  • EastindyGuy
    EastindyGuy Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I am seeing just the opposite, since I installed 4.2.1 on my iPhone4, my battery has been draining faster than it was before. Before, I could make it a full day and only be down to about 60% charge remaining, but after installing 4.2.1 I am usually around 40% - 45% remaining at the end of the day.
  • zm_miska
    zm_miska Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Totally the opposite. The battery of my iPhone 4, is draining faster than ever, with everything shutdown (push,3g,wifi,etc)...
  • Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress
    Let the phone totally die and then charge it back up.It works for some people,I also use battery doctor.Hope that helps a bit.
  • Rory
    Rory Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    The problem is, although it may have had some impact on battery usage it is undoubtedly minimal, or else Apple would have been vocally touting it as a new feature -- given that battery life has always been one of the negative points used against iPhone, any significant or noticeable improvement would be in their best interests to publicize. All the people reporting better battery life or, conversely, less are probably just psyching themselves out.
  • Lynda
    Lynda Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I noticed the battery life on my 3G is going down quicker since putting iOS 4.2 on it. I also have had a problem of totally loosing my data service a couple of times and AT&T tells me there is not a problem with the towers in our area
  • iP4
    iP4 Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    don't have 4.2 yet (waiting for JB/unlock) but recently all of a sudden my charge was dropping 1% every 5 min min. or faster. i tried everything and nothing worked. what fixed the issue is that i deleted my exchange accounts and re-created them. it's all good now.
  • 3GS Greece
    3GS Greece Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    This technology will depend on your network provider having a installed NFCD in their system.
  • Mick
    Mick Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    After 3 mins of 3G talk time my battery went from 100% to 94%. And after an 8 hour day at the office my battery life was near 30%. I did not have push, wifi or apps running in multitask. No phone calls. Just 15-30 minutes of txting. So that night I downgraded back to 4.1. And am waiting for 4.3 for Apple to address this issue. (most likely they won't) As for folks upgrading to 4.2.1? I suggest you could for go the AirPlay and other features for a later update, to keep your battery life afloat. I wonder if Apple tests their updates before going live..
  • Rudy
    Rudy Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    This is what I'm experiencing too. Battery drained way too fast. And my iPhone got really warm too. It's as if it's been running some heavy CPU app. In 30 minutes it would drop from 95% to 60%.Very disturbing.However, I found turning off cellular data would slow down the drain. So maybe this "fix" they did actually made it worse?
  • Sean
    Sean Posts: 138
    via Wordpress
    do anyone know when iOS 4.2.1 can be jailbreak and unlocked?
  • mydan99
    mydan99 Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    did you unlock using new ultra snow as that has caused some drainage issues
  • g rod
    g rod Posts: 41
    via Wordpress
    i agree my battery life is worse. reminds me of the 3gs. It is definately noticeably worse and it sux. That was one of the best features of the iphone 4 was better battery life.
  • iphone 4
    iphone 4 Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    4.2.1 is jailbreakable already, though its dependent to your iDevice's model, JB may b tethered & untethered. btw, does anyone if there's anther option on how to upgrade/downgrade to just 4.1 instead of 4.2.1? iTunes i believe is only offering the current 4.2 upgrade. Let me know guys tnx!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Well iPhone 4 is already down on reception, so this neutralizes it?
  • DATS ME
    DATS ME Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    STICK TOO 4.1 WE AINT IN MIDDLE EAST;)
  • Art
    Art Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    I'm experiencing faster battery drainage as well on my wife's 3GS. She uses her phone half as much as I do (mine's a 4) and hers either dies or is down below 20% at the end of the day.
  • k.dubb
    k.dubb Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    PUAHHAHAHAAA..hilarious.true..but not necessarily a valid argument..=)
  • Croatia
    Croatia Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i had the same problem until l install sbsettings from cydia and disabling my wifi an data whenever i don't use them
  • Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress
    The Dev Team have released a software fix for this issue. It's on Cydia, Known as 'Sam' i believe.Musclenerd confirms it work's on Twitter.