Sony PlayStation Phone Could Reignite Apple-Google Rivalry On Smartphone Gaming Front

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSony PlayStation Phone Could Reignite Apple-Google Rivalry On Smartphone Gaming Front

We had recently written about the upcoming launch of a new smartphone from Sony Ericsson that could be dubbed the PlayStation Phone.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Zrboy
    Zrboy Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Hmm, wonder what kind of display it will have? HD or not...
  • BookerTW
    BookerTW Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Technically, isn't Sony hosting someone else's platform on their hardware in the first place? Most of the popular droid capable devices are Sony Erickson's, so they're just putting some of their software on them as well, even if just an app for now.
  • Tareef
    Tareef Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    I think this device will be the gamers first choice .!!
  • Digitaltouch
    Digitaltouch Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    I think this phone is just mostly for teens and ppl that really but really love games. Because I can't see older people in a restaurant or a nice place taking out his phone and when you slide it open joy sticks come out. Just not a cool look unless your 13.
  • BigBossSnake
    BigBossSnake Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    But there are old ages who are hardcore gamers as well. I think I will definitely grab one of these when it launches. I just like everything to be in one. Like the iPhone, I like iPod touches..but just find it annoying to be bringing a phone and a iPod touch around...so I just went and got myself an iPhone. Same goes to bringing a PSP out with you on the go, would be easier to bring this PSPhone.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    IT will only be good for the consumer, more the competition, better it is.
  • Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 126
    via Wordpress
    i think the better name for the phone will be...PhoneStation hehehehe
  • george
    george Posts: 88
    via Wordpress
    As a psp user. Rene Ritchie's statement is just total BS. Please quote someone with a clue. at least someone who owns a psp. I play with a psp because it has a good game. I dont give a crap if its running on windows.
  • Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress
    i think this phone will sell solidly especially if this is the rumored new version of the psp with phone capabilities. i can definitely see snagging it for gaming purposes
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    Sounds good. But I can't imagine a psp with android.
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 164
    via Wordpress
    Completely agree. Rene Ritchie's statement is terrible. The glaring flaw with the analogy that we don't know Sony is basing their games off of an emulator. Android being open-source, Sony could well have deep access to the OS and GPU (upcoming integration in android) and provide what is essentially a platform of their own. With an android surrounding, Sony doesn't have to worry about any of the other UI parts associated with mobile devices these days.There's also been mention of legacy emulators that would be integrated in the Sony Game store as well. As for those emulators, I'd say they're more comparable to ePSXe, which works pretty damn well. I'd love to see legacy support through an emulator. Hell, there's plenty of those for iOS that work great.
  • Android's Biggest Fan420
    via Wordpress
    In my HONEST opinion, I think its over. And I say this with pleasure, bc Android updates its os every so often. The beginning of the yr, android was on 1.5 now we're looking at 2.2 Froyo. Tomorrow is the release of the Samsung Nexus S Google phone, which is suppose o be the fastest android to date, running on 2.3 Gingerbread. How often has apple updated since its been on the market?. Plenty of times, but each time it updates its not even worthy to be considered an update. Unless apple can stop being prude, and yes I said prude, they don't stand a chance. Third quartile even proves that android is up and coming, annd its not stopping. Yes apple has a good software, most likely the best out there, besides the phone. And on top of all of this, apple is limited to one carrier, android is universal, going into pre-paid cell phones. So I disagree with any of the nay sayers that get mad bc Sony puts an app for apple but a phone for android. That's a good move. Granted im not a computer geek, but ik in business u go where you can make more money, simple solution. Android is doing big things, and they're eating aple alive.I knew it was gonna happen bc ur man steve jobs thinks he's the ish when in reality, its about money, and how fast u can provide satisfaction. Not take ur sweet ol' time bc ur satisfie.smh.all I have to say is good luck apple, you'll need it.