Consumer Reports Survey Finds AT&T Worst Carrier In The US

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageConsumer Reports Survey Finds AT&T Worst Carrier In The US

Consumer Reports, a popular product review and comparison magazine released the results of a survey in which readers in the US were asked to grade their carrier on several criteria such as value, voice service quality, data service quality and customer support.

According to the survey of 58,000 readers, AT&T, which is the exclusive carrier of Apple’s iPhone is the worst carrier in the US.Consumer Reports had this to say on their blog while announcing the results of the survey:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Tuna
    Tuna Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I have At&t and live in michigan, i do get some dropped calls but not as much as when i go to chicago, You would think a company like At&t would be at the top of the cell phone game.
  • Asa
    Asa Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    To AT&T's statement. Yeah we have a choice. A lot of people choose the iphone, which was only on your network.Can't you see that AT&T
  • SpAnKmaster
    SpAnKmaster Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    The iPhone is the only reason I'm with AT&T. I live in Phoenix and I drop calls on a regular basis. As soon as verizon gets the iPhone I would consider a change in providers. I would also hope another iPhone carrier would lower the congestion and increase at&t's reliability. Only time will tell.
  • benito
    benito Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Damn right!!! We choose iPhone, no AT&T!! but if we could, we'll do it! AT&T Sucks!!
  • MK
    MK Posts: 64
    via Wordpress
    I GOT AN VERZION LOT TIME PEOPLE CALL ME AND MY PHONE DOESNT RING. I BELIVE THIS ALL ADVERTISEMENT FROM VERZION BUZ THEY WANT TO PULL COSTUMER AND PUT A THEM INTO CONTRACT FOR TWO YEARS AND THERE IS NO WAY TO GO UNLESS PAYING THEM $350 CANCELING FEES
  • Tony
    Tony Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    ATT treats its customers like I treat my step kids .. just like ****
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Well its so true that ATT survives cozza Apple
  • Bui3
    Bui3 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    T-mobile is 1 of the best service and the prize for the service to.. We can't compare to AT&T o verizon but still is good ad is the #1 in iPhones unlocks cuz u got all the extras wit less money..
  • Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    This is so not true. AT&T is the best carrier by far. IMHO. I never had a SINGLE DROPPED calls ever while I was on AT&T. CR is lying.
  • GSM lover
    GSM lover Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    if u ask them all is number one, or all sucks , that is just people do especially if they are angry because customer service wont give what they want...i just want all the carriers will carry iphone so that we can select which carrier we want, and for the love of iphone we can unlock it legally after our contract... cmon apple if u want to be number one don't stick to 1 or 2 carriers make it a world wide or better sell unlock iphone by the way i like ATT coz of the iphone and GSM( used world wide) unlike verizon after your contract u can throw your phone away and goodluck for the unlocked iphone in verizon if u can?..hohohaha
  • CompaniesLieAlways
    via Wordpress
    I've been under AT&T's service for the past 2 years, and I HATE it. I love the iPhone, but I hate the service. I get a drop call maybe 1 out of 10 calls, and I live in downtown Manhattan!!I've had T-Mobile before AT&T, and their call quality is way better, and they're CHEAPER.AT&T, once you lose iPhone exclusivity, you're SCREWED.
  • ok mk
    ok mk Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Turn your ringer volume up.
  • Pepe LaPue
    Pepe LaPue Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Commentators on this site couldn't be more than 12 on average, seems to lower iphonehacks credibility a whole bunch.I dropped Tmobile as soon as the first iPhone was jailbroken and unlocked, my better half and myself have owned every iPhone so far. I only ever switch to a new iPhone model, when I know for a fact it's jailbroken and unlocked. We're onto iPhone 4 now, and yes with AT&T. We live in Arlington, MA. which is just outside Boston. The AT&T rep said we're in the middle of 5 AT&T cell towers!! We've had so many dropped calls (business calls also: very embarrassing!!) that when I heard of the MicroCell, I rushed out and got one and still we get dropped calls!!! I'm paying for a service I'm already paying for: cell service, and I still can't go a day without at least 2-3 dropped calls, per iPhone!If it wasn't for the fact of GSM (we need to travel abroad, and hell will be all frozed up before I'll pay a red cent of AT&T's ridiculous roaming rates!) I'd jump to Verizon as soon as theirs is jailbroken and unlocked, even if I have to pay the $325 termination fee, read $750 for me and the wife! I wouldn't hesitate a second! Rumor has it Apple will be making a dual mode iPhone, GSM and CDMA, by the time Verizon comes on the scene. Now that's a call for mutiny! AT&T will go back to the dark ages it shouldn't have come out of since the original phone company deregulation last century (millennium?).Apple's exclusivity move may have made sense financially in short term, it was shortsighted of them: looking at the long run, they've locked themselves in a predicament where they must innovate with every product they make. They're keeping up so far but, no one, including Steve (God) Jobs can keep up with that sort of rhythm. By going the exclusivity/locked route they deprived themselves of the opportunity to be pervasive in the cell market which would have made them a must buy as a solid stock. As soon as the innovation backs off, and it will, their stock will start slip sliding away. A company built on one person's ego has to either get rid of that person or go belly up.Meanwhile I think I'd own an iPhone even if I had the Humpback of notre dame as the cell service provider.
  • King
    King Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
    AT&T sucks.....they charged me $110 to port my number from t mobile to at&t 2 yrs back without telling me while porting..since my number was ported from FL to Chicago...I m with at&t only because of iphone...
  • Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    I will post this again the iPhone is the cause of the dropped calls this was shown with the antenna problem on iPhone 4 my guess the verizon model will have yet another antenna design. If apple doesn't fix it before Verizon launch we will see it over there as well. Sometimes I have to hold my 4 flat in my palm to keep a call from dropping and other times it works fine from same location
  • Paul Compton
    Paul Compton Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Whats a dropped call? O2 UK.
  • Gaff
    Gaff Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Other than how expensive AT&T is, I don't have a problem with dropped calls, data rates, or anything you lads speak of.
  • Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    Verizon iPhone + two year contract = switch back to ATT when you are two years older. Verizon's network will bring their iPhone to its knees and I feel sorry for those who lock their iPhone into a two year contract with Verizon. IMO.. AT&T scored so poorly on the survey of 58,000 readers was because 57,999 (OK I streched a little) of them were disgruntle iphone users who think their iPhones will work better on the Verizon network. Ha....Only time will tell who will have the better iphone network. My money is on AT&T.
  • JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
    Yeah, CR is lying to protect their hidden agenda. Could you be any dumber? Jesus
  • BigTex
    BigTex Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Has everyone forgotten that this is just a cell phone? I remember when you couldn't leave the room with the phone because it was attached to the wall.I live in Texas where it is 30-60 miles between cities, alot of smaller rural areas don't have 3G service, so it doesn't matter who your carrier is service will still be spotty at times.I have also worked in areas other than Texas where I have had to purchase a phone provided by "local" carriers (AT&T was not provided there) to find that the local service was just as bad.Face it, it doesn't matter who your provider is, customer service and performance will still suck for those of you that wine about everything.....
  • Don
    Don Posts: 111
    via Wordpress
    I have been with AT&T for over ten years. I have good reception, no dropped calls. I have used Blackberries, Samsung, iPhone, Motorola, etc. No trouble with any.
  • Blam
    Blam Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I work in south Texas and ATT is the ONLY service that works. Period. Not Verizon or any one else. I have full bars and 3G and have never dropped a call and people with Verizon cant even make a phone call. Sprint has no service at all where Im at and Verizon you get maby a bar that comes and goes. If anything its the phone Not the service, but thats just where Im at, I cant speak for other areas.
  • seth1066
    seth1066 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    26% of AT&T customers will bolt for other carriers? Hey, beat it, don't let the screen door hit you in the a*s. That means my At&T service will improve by at least 26% and I never though it was that bad in the first place. BTW, NYC has the worst AT&T service so maybe that skewed the survey.