Next Generation iPad To Feature Rear-Facing Camera And SD Card Slot?

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNext Generation iPad To Feature Rear-Facing Camera And SD Card Slot?

Apple's launch of the FaceTime video calling feature in iPhone 4 followed by iPod Touch 4G has led to speculations that the next generation iPad will get front-facing camera. However, opinion continues to be divided on the possibility of an additional rear-facing camera.

In October this year, research firm Detweiler Fenton had published a report where it had claimed that Apple could equip iPad 2 with a 5-Megapixel camera whose sensors shall be manufactured by OmniVision Technologies.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Firstman
    Firstman Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    First!!What the heck!? Who wants a big-ass camera? The front facing, okay, but rear facing? That is a bit much... I guess if it didn't change the price then great...The SD card is a departure for Apple, I would almost bet that they would offer it on the highest capacity model (i.e. 64GB version) so you need to get that model to use SD cards.
  • Charlie
    Charlie Posts: 41
    via Wordpress
    What? No landscape docking port! Is apple that stupid.. A camera is great, and sd card slot is good, USB would be better (Allowing for multiple peripherals ie: a gamepad). But not having a landscape dock bugs me.. With a landscape port you could have a dock that charges and has speakers for watching movies in landscape mode.. Also a clamshell style case (that charges has a physically connected keyboard (not bluetooth) this would make for an awesome apple netbook type devise.
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    Stop writing statements and then tacking on a ? at the end. I hate speculation, just the facts please.Hell, its nearly 2011 and we've only got a year to live so who cares about an ipad anyways.
  • Abel
    Abel Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    This sounds like a really awesome idea. A separate accessory that essentially turns the iPad into a netbook. I don't see how that can't be done with the dock in the current location, too. I would LOVE to have that - a netbook with a removable touchscreen monitor.
  • al
    al Posts: 64
    via Wordpress
    Absolutely have a camera and SD slot on Ipad2! IF Apple doesn't, to me, they're not keeping up with competitors who do include them.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
  • Zolk
    Zolk Posts: 184
    via Wordpress
    I think that if Apfel does put an SD card slot in their ipad, they will put it into all models. But I bet it will have limited functionality - such as only for photo uploads and perhaps some other limited functionality ... all for "security" reasons.
  • Anu K
    Anu K Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Hey guys, the slot mentioned(and as seen in the pictures),looks like a Speaker Slot to me.. I really doubt if apple would put in SD slot or USB slot in there device.
  • nizar ghosn
    nizar ghosn Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    .. you think it will be on december 23rd .. i mean the doomsday ..?? OMG , i am just following the signals if any ..??about the ipad .. absolutely it must have a camera and an open sd card the competition out-there is huge and what about the screen maybe some change in dimension-resolution ??, for me a 3/2 dimension screen a lot better than 4/3 and a 8 or 9 inches would be wonderful ..hope that apple listen ..!!
  • Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    what are you talking about? 2012 isn't real.
  • Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    I will assure you that nothing will happen next year in december and the year after that.
  • Shrivatsa
    Shrivatsa Posts: 97
    via Wordpress
    Very clever!! Im with you on that, thats definitely a speaker slot....considering there is NO other slot for the speaker.