Study Shows Why Verizon Needs Apple's iPhone To Battle With AT&T

Whizkid
Whizkid Posts: 135
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageStudy Shows Why Verizon Needs Apple's iPhone To Battle With AT&T

Horace Dediu of market intelligence firm Asymco has in his latest blog post offered a detailed analysis of the smartphone scenario in the US vis-à-vis the top carriers in the country – AT&T and Verizon.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Abel
    Abel Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    The only reason I care if Verizon gets the iPhone is to get the whiners away from AT&T. But I'm sure they'll find something else to whine about.
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    If android had the same backing and support for its apps I wouldn't care, but as far as apps are concerned they're way ahead of android. As far as everything else goes its pretty much a ties for me. Hell if some one could make an emulator and just let me use the iphone apps on android, I'd convert today, and save myself a lot of cash and get a free android with a 2 year contract.
  • ?
    ? Posts: 26
    via Wordpress
    You can't compare Android and iPhone because of different market stragedies. How does comparing Verizon sales with AT&T equal apples to apples? People don't have to go to Verizon to buy Android. If the iPhone was on Verizon then sales would be split with At&t. There are too many variables that no one can safely predict what effect a Verizon iPhone would have. It might affect Android or it might not. Who knows
  • Agreed
    Agreed Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I hate articles like this. Exagerate the situation. It does not look grim for Verizon because at any time they can offer less of Andriod and more of other smartphones. Plus Im sure the OEMs have as much say as Google at this point
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    This is relevant because they're comparing the top two wireless carriers in the united states. Verizon needs to increase their sales dramatically or risk falling behind att. The sales figures say just that; att is selling more smart phones than verizon.The study goes further to compare iphone sales on att being 2.5 times higher than android sales on verizon.Before the fanboys jump in, this isn't about apple vs google. It's about att vs verizon and how the iphone can help verizon boost their sales.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Also, with all the marketing verizon does to push android sales and still fall short, less than half of iphone sales. Imagine how many iphones verizon thinks they can sell. You don't think verizon would trade their android sales for 2.5 times iphone sales? Who wouldn't?
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    So Apple is the winner all the way!
  • City23
    City23 Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    Who cares about the thousand and millions of apps that the App Store has. When you go to Verizon most likely your phone is gonna be Jailbroken. And not all the apps in the App Store is on ****. So what ever app from you get from **** or Cydia you will get it on AT&T and Verizon.