Next Generation iPhone May Come With Photo-Realistic 3D Graphics

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNext Generation iPhone May Come With Photo-Realistic 3D Graphics

Imagination Technologies, a UK based video chip manufacturing company, has completed an acquisition deal that could pave the way forward for enhanced 3D imagery on next generation iPhones.

The company has announced that it has acquired Caustic Graphics for $27 million. Caustic Graphics owns technology that is capable of rendering cinema-quality 3D graphics to mobile phones.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Doz
    Doz Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
    I think we should hit the highway just yet, at least not until mobile phoning evolves into telepathy. Literally, I'd hit the highway and say, yayyy!!!!— telepathically!
  • Doz
    via Wordpress
    I think we shouldn't hit the highway just yet, at least not until mobile phoning evolves into telepathy. Literally, I’d hit the highway and say, yayyy!!!!— telepathically!
  • iURLas
    iURLas Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    woah... let's get some higher quality 4 inch screens on the basic smartphone first. majority of the smart phones are still using old tech LCD screens. on another note... does that mean i have to wear 3D glasses to use my iDevice? have you seen them bulky, ugly geeky 3D glasses? way uncool...
  • Benji
    Benji Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    I think you have misunderstood; when they say 3D graphics they don't mean stereoscopic 3D (pops out the screen), they mean 3D rendering. For example; the graphical capability of a console. Also the iPhone 4 display (Retina) is better than any TV LED screen I've seen. Prices of technology need to come down before we can see OLED screens in mobile devices; because at the moment it just isn't feasible. Also in terms of stereoscopic 3D, the technology to view without glasses already exits and is currently being perfected. It will soon be available on mobile devices too (Nintendo 3DS) and many TV manufactures are gearing up there technology too.Benji - The educator...
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    How will this tech effect day to day is the question.
  • Doz
    via Wordpress
    That's why we shouldn't jump off the speeding pickup yet. It'd affect our day to day lives just when u wouldnt even have a need to ask.
  • devol
    devol Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    so i know this is off topic but i was just told by at&t that if i didnt have my unlimited data plan, with the largest data plan they offer now i would have been charged over 1000$ in overages...thanks jailbreak dev team and MYWI for letting me reverse RAPE at&t for once.
  • devol
    via Wordpress
    DATA ACCESS 105,231,308 105,231,308 $0.00/KB 0.00 **** you AT&T
  • Bruce
    Bruce Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    ...And other AT&T customers!!
  • iURLas
    iURLas Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    was just kidding about wearing the 3D glasses heh... thanks for the tech update tho' & nice to hear from you Benji
  • midkidd
    midkidd Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    since we are off topic, which is better, MYWI or PDA NET? (@ devol) what were you downloading ps3ngamez or somethin? how did you pull that much data?
  • Lee
    Lee Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    I would like to see an unlock for iphone4 this generation first before we even go to next generation iphones
  • devol
    via Wordpress
    mywi is a better option IMO. i am constantly running my laptop, watching netflix on my laptop, streaming live on stickam from my job all day long. and not to mention that while i was doing all this on my computer i also use the internet on my phone as well.