Nokia Files Four New Lawsuits Against Apple In Europe

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNokia Files Four New Lawsuits Against Apple In Europe

In the latest episode of the continuing saga of the long drawn legal battles between Nokia and Apple, the former has sued Apple in Europe for infringing upon 13 of its patents. The suits have been filed in the United Kingdom, Germany, and the Netherlands and each one of them relate to 13 different patents that Nokia says Apple has infringed upon and have been used in many of its popular products.

Read the full story here

Comments

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    These companies are trying to play big bank take little bank. They've all got a big bank account so none will settle but some will be paid.These are just scare tactics to prevent smaller companies from competing.
  • Digitaltouch
    Digitaltouch Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    I've been bearing about these companies suing each other for a couple years already with apple suing others to, but when are we going to hear who won. Never hear if anyone have won these fights.
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    Can someone please explain, because I don't understand how you can patent a swipe "gesture". Whats next, Oscar Myer gonna file suit against Ballpark hot dogs, give me a break. Some ideas are just to broad for anyone to make claim to. As far as Nokia making an Iphone killer, I doubt it, they'd have to pass Android first. Android does the same thing iphone can, but they're far behind as far as apps goes and thats where Iphone stands out, they have much more developers support.Take away the apps and what do you have, and ordinary unsmart phone. Apps Matter.
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    2 words litigation and money. Oh, and lets not forget about lawyers, of course its going to go on for years its the american way.
  • gio
    gio Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    agree with you 100%
  • iURLas
    iURLas Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    let's face it NOKIA can never be the biggest phone giant any more. they have depleted phone technologies that cannot compete with the newer tech phone companies. the best they can do is to sue based on their old patents and hope for a large settlement.
  • BigBossSnake
    BigBossSnake Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    That's really true..that's the thing I dislike about Apple products. Hardware specs are just average...but they only do well because of the apps, that made them look real cool and 'powerful'
  • Dude562
    Dude562 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Well if you take away the programs from a laptop then what do you have?..... You see without the technological capabilities of a device then it can be known as primitive not programs or "apps" being disabled because what makes a smart phone is what's inside not what's writtin on its advanced hard drive ;] think and do reasherch.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Waste of time Nokia, go make a phone comparable to the iPhone.
  • Eugene Johnson
    Eugene Johnson Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Geez...All these law suits flying around...But I wonder who did originate some of these things? I think it is good to share but it is nice to know who came up with the idea and who first imeplemented it.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    the i phone 4 is just amazing and nokia is gona have to do sumthing special to beat it !
  • Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress
    In replay to all those that praise the iPhone: The iPhone is all about the software. Comparing it's hardware to the Nokia N8, the iPhone is just not up to the task. The hardware on the Nokia N8 is great and it's only downgrade is the software. Nokia should focus on the Symbian: eighter reinvent it or upgrade to a new one. Stop recycling the Symbian! It's not a phoenix bird and it won't rebirth from it's ashes!
  • Garry
    Garry Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I just don't get why everybody has to sue everybody. Nokia are never gonna compete with the Iphone regardless of its specs and any patents that may or may not have been infringed. The Nokia N8 wins in the hardware stakes but the Iphone has the software support and a very faithful following.My suggestion to Nokia and Apple is, stop fighting each other, put your technologies together and make us a phone to kill all others. Then both of you sit back and reap the profits.I know "you may say I'm a dreamer".